October 25, 2014 | 1751 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by bambaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can honestly join the rave about this sunscreen, and I have finally found my HG sunscreen! (I've tried all sorts of pharmacy ones from Avene, Eucerin, Bioderma, Vichy etc.)

PROS:
* not oily at all, gel-like, moisturiser feel
* NO WHITE CAST! Like none at all, miraculously so. If not for the packing that says it's a sunscreen the product itself looks and feels nothing like a standard sunscreen O.o
* skin feels fresh/moist

CONS:
* not water resistant
* Availability and the price that could be a bit lower, but it's still worth it imo. And for availability, I've found a good source. I live in Europe and so I order this sunscreen online, and I can recommend the ebay seller fujisan_jp from whom I have purchased this Biore sunscreen numerous times (and he is one of the cheapest on ebay).

All in all, 10/10, and really recommend everyone to try this! I've even convinced (didn't take much effort since it speaks for itself once applied) my mum to use this, and she only uses high-end (Lancome, Estee Lauder etc.) skincare.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Second ingredient alcohol; say hi to aged, dehydrated skin, which produces lots of acne thanks to the alcohol messing up that acid mantle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Rachelangg

Amazing sunscreen!! Easy to spread, absorbs fast and doesnt feel sticky or heavy. Leaves skin soft and moist!!! Love it!!!!! Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian sunscreens. I typically alternate between this and Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF 50+. It has a light feeling on my skin and is pretty moisturizing. I love the high SPF as well and the fact that it spreads more easily and is more light weight than western sunscreens. I mostly use this in the winter time since my skin is typically drier at that time. It is a pretty small bottle for the purchase price, however, I've been able to find some decent deals at Amazon and Sasa.com so I try to stock up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Kanebo sunscreen for many years and like it very much. I came across this from a friend's recommendation. The texture is between lotion and cream. It's easily spread onto face without any white cast. It feels fresh and no oiliness on face in the first hour, however after 2-3 hours in, my face started to get oily. Also, I feel a bit dryness on my cheek area.

I much prefer Kanebo sunscreen which leaves my skin fresh and moist all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Product description: Contains unique Aqua Micro Capsules with UV block ingredient to provide superior SPF 50+/PA+++ protection while keeping skin cool and refreshed. It is enriched with Hyaluronic Acid & Citrus essence to hydrate and soften skin. Its water-based texture spreads easily and get adsorbed easily without a white cast. Suitable to be used on face and body.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Water, alcohol, ethylhexyl methoxcycinnamate, lauryl methacrylate/sodium methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, dimethicone, ethylhexyl triazone, acrylates/C10-30 acrylate crosspolymer, dextrin palmitate, glyceryl stearate, agar, PEG-400, isoceteth-20, polyvinyl alcohol, sodium hyaluronate, grapefruit extract, lemon fruit extract, orange fruit extract, xylitol, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, BHT, fragrance.

Pros:
- great cost performance (800yen/50g)
- decently high UV protection with SPF50+ PA+++
- no white cast; product is very pale yellow
- smells great (citrus-y)/no sunscreen smell
- easy to spread; does not feel oily or heavy
- absorbs fast
- leaves skin feeling cool; feels great in humid summers
- doesn't break me out

Cons
- chemical sunscreen so needs reapplying throughout the day
- not sebum or water resistant
- contains alcohol, fragrance, BHT and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

Although I put that I would rebuy this product, im not to sure about it yet!!

This sunscreen..let's face it...is a pretty damn good sunscreen. I have extremely
oily skin and most sunscreens exacerbate that. However, this product keeps me
not looking like a hot mess! However its not always perfect at it...it still knocks off my
foundation (especially if i opt for a dewy formulation) and if i apply the appropriate 1/4
teaspoon amount i get pretty oily still.

It sinks into your skin really fast (even when applying the correct amount) and leaves
your skin feeling nice and refreshed. At times, though, it leaves my skin feeling dry or
slightly irritated -probably due to the high amount of alcohol in it.

All in all, this is a great sunscreen, however, i will most likely seek out something without
alcohol in it in the future. Would still recommend though!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

A sunscreen that is lighter than some of my oil control moisturizers. That's how light it is. However once applied you will still be able to feel a very light layer of it on your skin. This is actually a good thing because it means this sunscreen won't melt off the moment sweat a little bit. Not a sunscreen for the outdoors though.

Some reviews and blogs mention that this sunscreen can be removed with regular cleansers. But the instructions on the packaging tells u that a makeup remover is recommended for removal. So to be on the safe side I use a cleansing oil to remove this sunscreen.

Update 1:

I have tried the new 2014 version and the main difference is the texture. You can actually feel a light powdery layer after it has fully absorbed. Oil n shine control is a teeny bit better than the older version. The sunscreen is also a bit more substantial so it won't melt off so easily in humid weather. It is still a favourite of mine for daily use.

Update 2:

After 2 months of almost daily use I feel this new 2014 version is a bit too heavy for my liking. Do note that I am comparing this the almost ethereal older version.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Very light and feels powdery when applies . Does not leave a white cast . Good for oily skin .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has a pleasant light citrus scent, non-greasy, does not leave a film or white cast, and leaves the skin wonderfully soft and hydrated. Those with oilier skins may not even need to use a separately moisturizer underneath.

However, it does not provide sufficient UV protection as it only protects against UVB & UVA2 Rays. Also, it is worth noting that it has a high alcohol content and uses chemical sunscreens only - Octinoxate & Uvinul A Plus.

Actives: Octinoxate & Uvinul A Plus.

Others: Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, [grapefruit, lemon & Orange extract] Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No