July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Lip Gloss - Bobbi Brown - High Shimmer Lip Gloss (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm somewhat surprised about the variable reviews on this gloss. I used to completely hate BB lipglosses. I hated the applicator, the size was small, and they were way too sticky (a windy day guaranteed tons of hair stuck to my face). But these new glosses came up, and I read good reviews about them, and decided to pick up the Naked Plum shade. While I do agree with the other reviewer that this lipgloss is definitely more 'Naked' than 'Plum' I still think it's a really great shade. It's definitely a pale pink sheer color, so it's best if you've played up some other feature in your face and just need your lips to be pretty but not the central point. As for the sparkle component, I'm in the 30s and have a professional job, so I can't go to work looking like a disco ball, but I don't feel like that's an issue. I'm a girly person, and this is a girly gloss, but it's still something I feel is fine for work. The glitter isn't large and chunky; it's smaller and finer. I think there's pretty good staying power (several hours) and I think it's less sticky than BB glosses used to be (the texture to me is reminiscent to Chanel glossimers or MAC glosses). I also appreciate that BB now has a doe foot applicator (I used to dislike the brush a LOT). So overall I think this is a great product in a nice neutral shade that is a little glitzy but not for a 19 year old sorority girl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this online after testing it on a swab at Sephora in the color Naked Plum. After trying it on, I hemmed and hawed for a long time then decided to keep it. It's not the best and not the worst, but I don't have a similar shade so it fills somewhat of a missing gap in my collection.

I don't know where the name comes from as it's neither Naked nor Plum. It's a medium pink shade with pink glitter. Yes, glitter. At 40, I was on the fence about this, but decided that it's understated enough to work. The glitter's not really noticeable unless you're really scrutinizing your lips. From a distance, it just looks shiny.

Aside from the glitter, the gloss itself is quite sheer, so I've discovered it looks best over a lipstick, which gives it some body.

I'm not crazy about the formulation, which is a bit pasty (reminds me a bit of some NARS glosses, which I've never been fond of), nor the applicator (the sponge is too absorbent to work with this particular formulation). I generally detest minty glosses but the mint in this is barely detectable and fades quickly. The staying power isn't great, and it does leave glitter behind after it fades.

That said, I like the gloss enough to use when I'm looking for a color that's neither here nor there. It's versatile and works as a dependable color when you don't want to have to think too much about what's on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gloss in Plum Gold and Canary...I instantly saw plum gold and thought it reminded me of an old Mary Kay gloss called Gala and had to try it on. I tried it on and loved it! Its actually better and more wearable than Gala. Its a stand out shade for the lips.. whats interesting, is that you can do a full face, or simple face with this shade, this shade is very classy, I will keep buying this.I love the peppermint scent which is good for the winter time. I get lots of compliments when Im wearing this gloss.
Canary is a clear golden sparkle gloss. Perfect if you are looking for a gloss with that gold tint but not out there in gold color. Very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty colors - but too thick and goopy and for $23 - I'd rather have MAC's Dazzleglass. That said I just bought Bellini - pretty peachy-pink with gold flash. I passed on HOT - a sheer bright raspberry. I do not like the minty-tingly feeling either.

I feel dumb for spending $23 on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by longbeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge Bobbi Brown fan. This lipgloss is not her best. It looks pretty when it goes on, but it fades/wears off very quickly. Especially compared to her brightening lipgloss.This one is a miss for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty look, but I just could not tolerate the taste/smell. If you don't hate minty glosses, you might just like this. I should have worn it around before buying it but I was in lip-gloss-buying mode and I've never had a problem with BB glosses before. Tomorrow, back it goes (sigh.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by abibramwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank you Bobbi, These amazing glosses fill a very welcome gap in the lip range for the brand giving a fun, exciting twist to Bobbi's glosses. In a new size replacing the standard 4.2ml size with an amazing 7ml and a new doe foot brush which help the colour to glid smoothly over the lips.
Bobbi's Inspiration,
'Fun is what i had in mind when I created High Shimmer Lip Gloss. It's high shimmer, high shine and high colour. Wear it when you want to add spark to your look, when you have a special event to go to, or even better-whenever you feel like it'.
The colour above are the colours I have purchased myself and they are absolutly amazing, the lightweight formula is smooth and comfortable to wear.
The colours i have purchase
Hot
Star
Bellini
Pastel
Pink sequin
I love the staying power of these colours as they look amazing layed over the top of most lipsticks. All i can say is have a play with the colour and enjoy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I may not buy another lipglass or dazzleglass again after using this! Super smooth, not grainy or sticky AT ALL, loved the doe-foot applicator and the vanilla scent. I wass shocked it applied so smoothly. Stayed on as long as expected and did not leave my lips gunky after wearing it for awhile or leave chunks of glitter on my lips. Was everything I wanted in the dazzleglass. Purchased Bellini which has now replaced my MAC big baby lipglass. My lips are really pigmented but it still gives a high shine, dimensional nude color which is looks amazing again my tan skin. Yes, a little spendy but the payoff is more than worth it. Love it!!!! Looking forward to trying the pink one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First and foremost - for those that hated Bobbi's instance on using brushes with her glosses, you can breathe a sigh of relief, at least for this limited edition line. Yes, Bobbi went with the doe-foot applicator finally! Next, this gloss comes in summer-perfect colors. I have Bellini, which is described as a "light nude pink," and it is very neutral looking on the lips. I believe anyone can wear this color, while the warm-toned ladies should stick to the Citrus (coral) and the cool-toned to the Pink Tulle (hot pink). All three colors have a summery look to them, though, and I can envision women all along the beach or poolside wearing them. They are packed with glitter, but not cheap, chunky glitter; rather, the glitter pieces are so small that they don't feel grainy on the lips and just make your lips look shimmery. Very high quality stuff here (it should be for $22.00!). Finally, as with all BB glosses, it is not too sticky, which minimizes hair getting stuck to your lips and helps the gloss last longer (assuming you're not eating or drinking).