Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

3.9

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 12/25/2014 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was really excited for this shampoo because I wanted a sulfate free shampoo for my hair so I got it at target and I have my hair blue so I wash my hair once or twice a week and this shampoo made my hair oily the next after I washed it. It felt like I didn't wash it for months. It was pretty pricy so I was upset that it didn't work out like I hoped.

on 12/10/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I generally hate shampoo because it's makes my hair feel like straw, but I'm in loooove with this! It has an oily texture and doesn't strip my hair at all. This product is so easy to distribute over my scalp and smells heavenly. Highly recommend to those with thirsty hair!

on 11/12/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok.. so this shampoo was interesting experience for me.

First time I tried it, I used it with another conditioner and my hair felt so coated with moisture/grease that it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in months. Then I tried it again without conditioner, and was met with still, excessive moisture, but much, much better than before. I did try this product out in the summer though, so it may have a different reaction during the winter or fall.

Who I would recommend this to would be people with extremely dry, brittle and/or with ratty, matted, tangly hair. This would add so much moisture back into your hair.

I've never had any problems with dry hair, I guess my natural hair oils like to flow, so this product wasn't for me. I gave it 3 stars because of the smell and price.

on 9/16/2014 4:12:00 PM

LOOOVE this product. I love that it is organic. My skin has a bad reaction with parabens so when I find an organic shampoo I get so happy! I have fairly relaxed caucasian hard with slight wave to it. I dye my hair a fairly dramatic red color and in a little over a month it hasn't faded more then it usually does. its usually hard for me to find an organic shampoo that doesn't strip my color like crazy! AND THE SMELL. UGH. gurl. GET.IT. for those complaining that it doesn't later: its very similar to a cleansing conditioner. Not alot of lather but the lather you do get is VERY luxurious and rich feeling. this shampoo and the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo will definitely be my favorites for awhile :) I recommend them both. LOVE.

on 8/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this after reading about the brand and products. I have curly, relaxed Caucasian hair. Since I also color my hair, I am very careful what I use. I never use drugstore shampoo, but this shampoo is sulfate free, and I'd read such glowing reviews, so I bought it. Unfortunately, I didn't like anything about it.

It did not lather at all and felt like trying to wash with a conditioner. It left a thick coating on my hair that I couldn't rinse out, although I really tried. Once my hair dried, it was crunchy, like I had used too much product in it.

I decided I should give it another try, but the second attempt was the same as the first. It just isn't for me. I didn't care for the scent either.

I really wanted to like this, but I just didn't.

on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo worked great the first few times, made my hair smooth and soft. Now my hair feels a bit dry after use, but it is still better than many of the other shampoos I have tried.

on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Background on my hair: 3b curls, damaged from over processing, crawling with split ends, and had horrible breakage and fall out. I needed to get my hair as healthy and grow it out as possible before I cut it so I can have more hair to work with when I cut it to get my desired cut. This product over the period of time of using the entire bottle DID bring my hair back to life. It put back some much needed moisture. I used this as well as the restorative conditioner but the conditioner was not moisturizing enough. I'm currently using the Curl & Shine and tbh I like it much much more

on 7/29/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this product. I have relaxed African American hair and this provides a ton of moisture and softens my dry hair. My only complaint is that I noticed it turned my grey strands yellow. The grey hair sections are completely yellow and no longer shines silver. Just beware. Other than that an excellent product.

on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. It has a surprisingly huge lather but it doesn't strip your hair or your scalp. Really good for my 3b/3c curly hair. I can't really identify the smell... Maybe it's the shea butter and sea kelp. Also I think it overly moisturized my scalp. After three days of washing my hair I just develop dandruff, the greasy kind. But I am willing to ignore all of that because it leaves my hair soo soft!!

on 7/26/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING! This shampoo is perfect and it moisturizes your hair so well and it has no sulfates! I've been using this shampoo for over a year and I have nothing but good things to say! I use it every weekend and it makes my hair so soft! I am obsessed with this shampoo!

Popular Shampoos