September 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: blue-toned pink

Pros

- creamy
- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- packaging
- drying

Comments: Love these type of colors. Looks darker in the tube than on my lips. It's a wearable barbie pink. Pigmented and creamy. I just don't care for the packaging.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

I adore this lipstick- especially in this particular shade! It's such a pretty, true pink. Love this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I recently bought some things from elf.com (started with the shimmer palette and some shimmering facial whips and the mineral infused mascara, but since everythings so cheap I kinda just said "what's one more dollar?" and spent wayyyy more than intented). This was one of the last things I added to my cart because I can't go anywhere without buying a lip product. And I told myself I needed another lipstick, even though I really don't. But this color, although quite common, is something I don't have in my collection because I prefer corals and red. This is a medium pink, kind of bright, with some blue undertones to it. It looks really nice aganist my pale skin. I would say it's more of a creme than anything else, definitly not a frost but not matte either. The texture is nice, very creamy, and it lasts for around three and a half hours (score)! The price is only a dollar! The only thing I don't love is the packaging, kind of cheap looking, but for the price I don't really care. The text on it has pretty much rubbed off from use by now. Also, it's a bit hard to twist up, which I really dislike. But, the lipstick itself is an awesome deal. The only con about the formula itself is that it's slightly drying, so I like to apply the cococare lip balm underneath it (it's *super* moisturizing).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lara90

The essentialīs lipstickīs from ELF are AMAZING! I donīt understand how such a cheap brand can produce such high-end comparing lipsticks! Itīs so moisturizing on the lips and even though Iīm quite fair I think it suits me really well since itīs totally not over the top. The finish is so glossy but still matte and it has no shimmer which I love. The finish really reminds me of NARSīs Roman Holiday, which is my favourite lipstick so far, but this one might just steal the throne away from it. The only con is that you have to apply a generous amount to get a good coloration, since itīs kind of a glossy lipstick. Also, the packaging is really cheap and does not compare to the quality of the product itself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

My lips hate lipstick. Regardless of brand or formulation or cost, lipsticks end up drying them right out. Which is why I steered clear for years, using gloss instead. But now finding gloss too high maintenance (or maybe I'm just getting lazier), I've been slowly working my way back into lipstick territory. I've been compromising since NYX brought out their Xtreme Lip Creams - which are like a shiny highly pigmented liquid lipstick. But there are so few colours in the range, compared to the vast shades of lipstick out there. And I can't live on Candy Land and Nude Peach Fuzz FOREVER!!
I've had very limited success with E.L.F., but the prices are so tempting (especially when yet another 40 or 50% off code appears in my inbox.) So, what better place to start for a born-again lipstick wearer?
Of the shades I bought (based on MUA reviews), I've only properly tested 'Classy' (putting it through a 12 hour party). I like that the colour can be seen through the tube, though I agree with comments that it could be easy to decapitate the stick with careless replacing of the cap. The raspberry smell is pleasant and not overpowering and the texture is smooth, lightweight and comfortable. On me (NC20-25), it's a soft pink with a blue undertone - yet not so blue that it looks too Barbie. In fact, the light coverage and semi-matte finish keep it fairly understated. Had it been a strong cream formulation, I could see that it might have been a bit too much.
I like the silky feel of the product as it glides onto my lips, though I find it needs regular top ups to maintain the colour. Nothing compared to gloss, though! (Actually, I topped up more than was probably necessary, as I liked to try to keep the colour as strong as possible.) Eventually, my lips DO feel a little dry - as with all lipsticks - but they stay comfortable far longer than with, say, MAC, which my lips seem particularly averse to.
Overall, a pretty colour, a silky texture and a crazily low price. Not the best longevity or pigmentation, but I'd still happily repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definately one of my most worn lipsticks :) For reference I'm 30yrs old and have warm and fair skin (NC15 in MAC StudioFix) -also brown hair and eyes.
I got this based on the great reviews here and am so glad that I did! It's definately one of those lipsticks that are much like their name - this is called "Classy" and is definately a Classy looking lipstick. Literally *perfect* for day wear and not too over the top or dramatic. (Can also be used for toning down lipsticks that are too dramatic) -I don't find it to be too over the top pink, it's more a toned down, wearable, classic pink.
To be honest, ELF's Classy is everything that I *wanted* Revlon's Honey BalmStain to be.. For those of you who tried the Honey balm stain and it looked a little too "nude-y", or turned a funny color after several hours of wear, I highly reccomend you try Classy, it is the perfect (and much less expensive) alternative :)
This is the first ELF Lipstick I tried (I now have Gypsy as well which is nice too) and for the super inexpensive price, the formula is so nice! The packaging isn't bad either, it comes in a silver/gray tube, with a small clear opening in the middle where the color shows through. This lipstick has been tossed in and out of my purse probably 100 times and has not broken or even wiggled -still like new! :) If you told me this lipstick was $20, I'd believe it and pay the higher pricetag. The formula is *very* smooth and creamy, never blotchy or difficult to apply - really amazing overall, especially for $3 USD!
I'll definately be repurchasing and highly reccomend this shade - I think it is one of those colors that will compliment any skin tone, not just those who are quite fair like myself :)
5 lippies for ELF Classy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the most unique, flattering color i have ever owned. it's super smooth, pretty long lasting, it leaves a nice stain on my lips when it wears off and the color is to die for. thanks ELF for making such a unique shade i just feel super pretty in this color. the packaging is cheap but what do you want for a $1. the texture of the lipsticks seem to vary, the first one i bought was really creamy while the next ones i bought were a bit more matte. but hey again, can't argue for a $1. wonderful, will buy and buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Wonderfully smooth, moisturizing lipstick with great long-lasting color!
It smells awesome and for $1, can't beat it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by x0livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Really unsure on how this product has such good reviews! I bought it after reading good reviews on this site, but think I will be giving it away.
It is pink. Really, really pink. Tacky, barbie, the kind of lip colour worn by 14 year olds at my high school pink. I put this on and immediately felt it looked cheap.. buy with caution!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitely did not think I would love this. I mean this is a dollar. But, I love it! It is super pigmented and pretty. It is really blue-toned and cool, so I wear a lipgloss over it(MAC Sublime Shine Dazzleglass) and it looks really pretty. I really love this lipstick!