Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.2

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

This whole range did wonders to strengthen my my bleached, sad hair. I would definitely recommend this over the green Kerastase range.
However this is suitable for protein-deprived hair only - do not use on normal hair as it will have the opposite effect, making hair brittle and prone to breakage. And even for bleach-blondes, it's not advised to be used non-stop for more than 2 months, make sure to swap it with a deep-conditioning range from time to time. It really will make a difference.

I really liked it at first, smells really nice, lathers good and does what it says. But after using it for one month while rotating it with two other shampoos (both I've used for years) it made me lose my hair double the amount I normally lose. I stopped using it and am trying to get my hair back the way it was before using this shampoo.

This shampoo is brilliant, hair feels a lot healthier since using it. I use the whole Redken Extreme line and my bleach damaged hair is feeling smoother and there's a significant reduction in breakage

This shampoo smells nice and lathers well, and is great if you need protein.... but caution if you don't! I stopped using this because after a while it started to make my hair feel very brittle. This is a shampoo that you're supposed to use every now and then as a treatment. Not for every wash!

Although having experienced very mixed results with Redken products, and therefore having no high expectations, I decided to try this anyway because of the reviews.

My hair is dyed and pretty frizzy - and it just gets worse when exposed to humid conditions. After shampooing, conditioning and blowdrying, my hair was still frizzy. However, after straightening my hair (like I normally do - no hair spray), I went out in semi-rainy weather - and my hair stay put. It was amazing! My hair normally frizz up right away.
That being said, my hair still frizzes up when the weather is very humid, but I suppose that's fairly normal.

My hair also feels very soft and hydrated and more "bouncy", perhaps stronger, after using this even though I have only used it a handful of times.
Another plus is the great smell which kind of reminds me of a sweet grape-like smell.
For the results, I consider the price fair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has saved my hair! I'm naturally a brunette but I love getting some blonde in my hair. Usually my hair doesn't tolerate it however since using this product my hair has been heaps healthier

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this shampoo!! It dosen't dry out my hair eventhough it's with protein and it smells great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in the liter size at Ulta since they were having a sale. It cleans very well and leaves my hair very shiny and healthy looking. It has the same light fruity smell I remember it having a long time ago and it gives a good protein boost without drying out my hair. It is not too heavy and doesn't irritate my scalp. I have yet to try the matching conditioner, but I love Anti-Snap so I'm glad I picked this up. It is not meant to be moisturizing,so you will have to follow up with a conditioner. I would also not use this daily unless you really need it and plan to rotate with protein-free products. I use this every three or four days and let it sit in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing and it has been working out well for my hair. I get less fall-out in the shower so I know this is really helping to strengthen my hair. I would buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this shampoo!! Recently I've tried a few different shampoo's but I'm sticking with this one, it really worked for me. After just a few washes my hair truely transformed from dull, heavy, dry and lifeless to radiant, healthy and glossy. New HG!!

It does make my wet hair a bit knotty after washing but thats how I know its really cleaned my hair, I use Paul Mitchell Strength Conditioner and they work well together.

I'm also prone to dandruff and irritated scalp, Redken extreme has not caused any irritation or flakiness so gets a big thumbs up from me :)

I bought 300ml bottle for AU $19.95 at my local pharmacy which is a pretty good price in Oz and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,Bain de terre etc.
So basically every salon brand.

This one of the first shampoos, that I really enjoyed and felt the difference!After washing my hair twice, it became very clean, without being dry. My hair was a little bit "harder" for the touch, not silky smooth, but because it's a protein shampoo, this is absolutely normal. Only after one use, I can tell the difference, that my hair looks so much healthier and stronger!
I'm super duper happy and will come back for an update!
(Using together with the mask and anti snap)