December 20, 2014 | 1284 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by UnVraiAnge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,Bain de terre etc.
So basically every salon brand.

This one of the first shampoos, that I really enjoyed and felt the difference!After washing my hair twice, it became very clean, without being dry. My hair was a little bit "harder" for the touch, not silky smooth, but because it's a protein shampoo, this is absolutely normal. Only after one use, I can tell the difference, that my hair looks so much healthier and stronger!
I'm super duper happy and will come back for an update!
(Using together with the mask and anti snap)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

My hair was chemically damaged by a coloring incident and I needed major help I was washing it and pieces we snapping off. I closed ties with the hairdresser that damaged my hair and went to a place with really good reviews, which was a Redken salon. The stylist recommended a deep conditioning and to use the extreme line faithfully. Shampoo, Fortifying Conditioning Treatment, and Anti- Snap, and rotate All Soft treatment every three washes . I've been using all for the past six weeks.

So I'm reviewing the entire line more of a whole, because the Redken website says to use the system as well. When I shampooed my hair was falling out. After about three uses the breakage during washing and combing became very controlled and returned to how it was prior to the coloring incident.

The breakage during styling seemed the same as before I started the system, I noticed minimal change. The breakage during combing when dry also had a minimal change.

Now it seems like this product has helped but it hasn't rescued my hair so to say. I can say is that I would absolutely buy again because the healthy part of my hair (everything but the last three inches) are the healthiest they've been my entire life, super smooth and shiny. Great product if you have minimally damaged hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love the "extreme" line from Redken. I have very long, very fine hair but I have a ton of it! My hair was/ is damaged on the ends from multiple colors and some heat styling. I'm not willing to sacrifice all of my length but this shampoo certainly helps mask some of the damage. My hair is significantly softer and shinier. I would definitely buy this shampoo again. One word of advice: use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile while using this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MellyMell206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love this shampoo. I've been using it for about two years now. It Def has made my hair much healthier and much stronger. love the smell of it ans leaves my hair very soft. I will never stop using this shampoo. I do have thin hair and I color it about every 2 week's but using this shampoo and conditioner out would.never he able to tell. I now have all my friends hooked on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

I picked up the big size at Ulta this week being on sale. From reviews here I decided to try this Extreme Shampoo. I usually am happy with Redken products. This is no exception. The smell is wonderful, not overbearing. I have shoulder length highlighted wavy hair. It gives my hair manageability. I only wash my hair twice a week and use conditioner in between. So far so good with this shampoo and conditioner. Should last me quite awhile with liter sizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Natalie94

LOVE the extreme range! Smells lovely and leaves my hair shiny, soft and even gives me volume! Yes, it's expensive, but definitely worth the price, love love love the extreme range! Definitely recommend it to anyone who has coloured, fine and over processed hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing leaves hair cleansed and soft

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I murdered my fine, long hair by experimenting with color I decided I needed protein. I bought this as well as the conditioner and CAT treatment. I use the shampoo and condish twice a week and on one of those days I use the CAT treatment. On the days I don't use this I use the all soft shampoo and condish. I am amazed at the results. It used to take me at least 25 minutes to get all of the tangles out of my hair and now it takes 2 minutes max. Also, my hair feels so soft and healthy and it actually has body and shine. I have only been doing this routine for three weeks and it is almost like I never dyed my hair(4 times /:). Don't use this if you have healthy hair. You will not like the results!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I really enjoy this shampoo + matching conditioner. I have fine hair that's fragile and prone to breakage, even though it's non treated and I take pretty good care of it. So I use Extreme to gain some much needed strength. This shampoo makes my hair really soft but not overly flat, shiny and healthy looking. I didn't expect any moisture from this as it a protein shampoo, but it NEVER leaves my hair the slightest bit dry or crunchy. I try only to use it once a week to avoid protein overload, but I wanna use it every time I shower because I like it so much! The smell is amazing too, and it's very good value for the money, I think. The bottle will last me ages. I will update my review since it's only been two weeks now and it's really too early to tell, but for now I'm very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo, but I wouldn't use it too often. After I wash my hair, I notice my hair feels stronger, but I definitely need a conditioner with it. I use the health factor from TIGI's S-factor, because I've recently got a lot of hair products as a present, and the matching Redken conditioner wasn't included. I don't know if the conditioner would be an improvement, because I already use a very nourishing conditioner. Maybe I'll try it out in the future. So anyway back to the shampoo. It has a very pleasant smell, kinda vanilla, but not too overwhelming, it's subtle and it doesn't linger in your hair. I will keep using it to help my hair gain strength, because that's what it's for, it's not a shampoo for everyday use, or even weekly use. If your hair needs a boost try it, but don't use it too much. It's also great for your haircolour. I have highlighted hair, and this really helps against fading. My mom uses the one for coloured hair, and she really likes it. She doesn't even use conditioner and her hair looks great. So yes I'm impressed with this shampoo, and after using a lot of Kérastase, I've just realized that none of the Kérastase shampoos were that amazing, most of them were just too heavy for my hair. So I'm glad I finally tried out Redken and Tigi.