October 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love the "extreme" line from Redken. I have very long, very fine hair but I have a ton of it! My hair was/ is damaged on the ends from multiple colors and some heat styling. I'm not willing to sacrifice all of my length but this shampoo certainly helps mask some of the damage. My hair is significantly softer and shinier. I would definitely buy this shampoo again. One word of advice: use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile while using this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MellyMell206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love this shampoo. I've been using it for about two years now. It Def has made my hair much healthier and much stronger. love the smell of it ans leaves my hair very soft. I will never stop using this shampoo. I do have thin hair and I color it about every 2 week's but using this shampoo and conditioner out would.never he able to tell. I now have all my friends hooked on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

I picked up the big size at Ulta this week being on sale. From reviews here I decided to try this Extreme Shampoo. I usually am happy with Redken products. This is no exception. The smell is wonderful, not overbearing. I have shoulder length highlighted wavy hair. It gives my hair manageability. I only wash my hair twice a week and use conditioner in between. So far so good with this shampoo and conditioner. Should last me quite awhile with liter sizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Natalie94

LOVE the extreme range! Smells lovely and leaves my hair shiny, soft and even gives me volume! Yes, it's expensive, but definitely worth the price, love love love the extreme range! Definitely recommend it to anyone who has coloured, fine and over processed hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing leaves hair cleansed and soft

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I murdered my fine, long hair by experimenting with color I decided I needed protein. I bought this as well as the conditioner and CAT treatment. I use the shampoo and condish twice a week and on one of those days I use the CAT treatment. On the days I don't use this I use the all soft shampoo and condish. I am amazed at the results. It used to take me at least 25 minutes to get all of the tangles out of my hair and now it takes 2 minutes max. Also, my hair feels so soft and healthy and it actually has body and shine. I have only been doing this routine for three weeks and it is almost like I never dyed my hair(4 times /:). Don't use this if you have healthy hair. You will not like the results!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I really enjoy this shampoo + matching conditioner. I have fine hair that's fragile and prone to breakage, even though it's non treated and I take pretty good care of it. So I use Extreme to gain some much needed strength. This shampoo makes my hair really soft but not overly flat, shiny and healthy looking. I didn't expect any moisture from this as it a protein shampoo, but it NEVER leaves my hair the slightest bit dry or crunchy. I try only to use it once a week to avoid protein overload, but I wanna use it every time I shower because I like it so much! The smell is amazing too, and it's very good value for the money, I think. The bottle will last me ages. I will update my review since it's only been two weeks now and it's really too early to tell, but for now I'm very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo, but I wouldn't use it too often. After I wash my hair, I notice my hair feels stronger, but I definitely need a conditioner with it. I use the health factor from TIGI's S-factor, because I've recently got a lot of hair products as a present, and the matching Redken conditioner wasn't included. I don't know if the conditioner would be an improvement, because I already use a very nourishing conditioner. Maybe I'll try it out in the future. So anyway back to the shampoo. It has a very pleasant smell, kinda vanilla, but not too overwhelming, it's subtle and it doesn't linger in your hair. I will keep using it to help my hair gain strength, because that's what it's for, it's not a shampoo for everyday use, or even weekly use. If your hair needs a boost try it, but don't use it too much. It's also great for your haircolour. I have highlighted hair, and this really helps against fading. My mom uses the one for coloured hair, and she really likes it. She doesn't even use conditioner and her hair looks great. So yes I'm impressed with this shampoo, and after using a lot of Kérastase, I've just realized that none of the Kérastase shampoos were that amazing, most of them were just too heavy for my hair. So I'm glad I finally tried out Redken and Tigi.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by fiouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this stuff when the formula was recently changed. Since everybody raved about how this was the shizz for fine overprocessed hair, I got it on a whim, nevermind that this crap in my country costs the same as a kerastase shampoo. Talk about expensive. Anywho, it smells really nice, but did nothing for my hair except leaving it all frazzled and DRY with some silicon-ey shine (has dimethicone), weird right?. Nothing to write home about, tresemme repair rituals with soy protein (no cones) or tigi's dumb blonde shampoo are way better and gentler on my platinum bleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Due to endocrine imbalances, my hair is dry, brittle, and frizzy. Let me tell you, it's really attractive when all the short broken hairs frizz out! I have been suckered into so many expensive hair products and was expecting another disappointment, but this is the first hair product that did not disappoint me! I used to shed a fistfull of hair in the shower, now I only shed about 1/3 of that. Breakage and frizz are markedly decreased. My hair feels fuller, thicker, and stronger. It still feels and looks dry, however, so I use moisturizing masks. Doesn't really have a smell to me, which is actually kinda nice. Price is reasonable; Ulta regularly has the liter bottles on sale for $15 each, with free pumps. This is my HG shampoo and conditioner, thank you Redken!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No