Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 4/23/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A nice everyday foundation. Does not break me out and give me an even and natural finish. Does not cover perfectly but it's ok for everyday use. It doesn't last all day but is acceptable. Although I am super oily , this foundation held my oil not too bad. Pleasant smell and convenient packaging. Will continue to purchase it.

on 4/23/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

this is my holy grail of foundations! i have very dry skin sometimes even in the summer and this is one that has worked the best for me. I find it has good coverage and it smells so good! I like that there is a pump too!

on 4/18/2015 8:06:00 AM

I was using the old bourjours healthy mix, but for some reason they stopped producing it, so I gave healthy mix a try. Overall I can say that is has a very fine texture and for my opinion a medium coverage (for my taste even to much of a coverage).

To make it short:

pros:
- price is really good
- nice finish
- good coverage
- easy to apply
- feels good on my dry to combo skin

cons:
- the shade I bought (same as the old version) was way to orange
- does not last long

Since I can only buy it online, I am not sure if I would repurchase, cause as mentioned the color looks just different when applied.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product but it just didnít work that well for me. The coverage is incredibly light, looks nice for a few hours then basically wears off before youíve even had 3 hours wear. Itís a lovely product but it doesnít meet its marketing claims.

Coverage: Light to medium, not very buildable. Make sure you elt your moisturizer set before applying this or it just slides all over the place. Iím a regular user of Make-up forever HD and the coverage is almost half. This product is more comparable to a BB cream rather than a foundation, so if you like something light and natural this might be great for you.

Colour: Iím around an NC30 and purchased 53, this colour works really well on me, and because itís such a light bendable product it really does look like skin.

Finish: Slightly dewy natural finish. For me this really needs powder to set and for more coverage.

Lasting power: Not great for something that claims to be 16 hours. Iím lucky to get 3 where my skin doesnít need a touch up to prevent shine. Iím actually okay for a bit of natural shine but this is much more than that.

Price: For a drugstore foundation itís expensive, but it really is a lovely product if they were upfront about what it actually does. If it said Ďnatural looking foundation with light coverageí I would be okay with it, itís their claim of 16 hours wear thatís frustrating. I hear this brand is actually produced by the same people who produce chanel, so if I look at it from that perspective itís not a bad buy.

on 4/15/2015 7:20:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for about 4 years now (time flies, I know) and I am not even getting bored of using it every day! I don't know what would I do if it would get discontinued, because it just makes me look so much better than any other foundation I've used.
I have a very light skin, but with a yellowish tint, so it is really difficult to find the right tone -for some reason most of the foundations are either with a pink or a grey tone. Funny that I could never find the right tone in stores, while I found out about Bourjois Healthy Mix shade 51 in MUA - online. :) It is perfect.
Also, I love the dewy finish and I am fully aware that no foundation can give such finish and be able to last very long, so I'm ok with the 8h that Bourjois Healthy Mix allows me to have. Sure, it is no fun and games during hot summer days, because it really melts off, but I'd rather have a shiny than matt face in such temperatures, since the latter would look and feel rather unnatural. Would love to find an alternative for such weather, but haven't found it yet. Maybe MUA will help again? :)

on 4/15/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great foundation, great price. Only complaint is the lasting power. The bottle says 16 hours(!), but I'd say it starts to wear off after about 6 hours or so. I know a lot of people think this is pretty light coverage, almost like a bb cream, but personally I find that it's at least medium coverage - Maybe it's because I apply it with a stippling brush, but I'd say it covers very well, even my acne scars. Smell and texture is very nice and easy to work with, and so is the packaging. I got the foundation in the color light beige after looking at swatches online. After ordering I watched a few youtube demos, and suddenly got really worried that it would be way too dark for me - But luckily it was a perfect match. For comparison, I use 40 beige in the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Nice to find a good foundation that actually caters to us very yellow-skinned girls, and is also affordable.

on 4/15/2015 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this foundation for a year now and I can say that this is one of my favourite affordable foundations. The texture and consistency isn't as thick as your conventional foundation hence, a 'serum gel' foundation. I generally have a problem of finding the right shade of foundation to match my complexion however in this range I found shade 52 matches me in the cooler months and shade 53 is perfect for the hotter months. A bottle of this serum gel foundation from Bourjois lasted me almost 6 months which is great value as I use it everyday.

For those with oilier skin (like myself) apply moisturiser wait 5 minutes for it to absorb into your skin, apply primer over your t-zone (make sure to press it into your skin otherwise the primer will just sit on top of your skin) and then apply the foundation using your fingers, damp beauty blender or brush. I personally like to use a damp beauty blender because it makes your foundation look more natural and also because for some reason when I use a brush I get streaks.

The coverage of this foundation is medium and the finish is semi-matte so it isn't dewy or completely matte, just in between. Because the coverage is medium, you will need to use a concealer to cover any redness, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes but I would say it is buildable without looking cakey. Half a pump/a pump of this foundation is more than enough for your entire face.

After applying the foundation, if you have oiler skin then apply some powder to your t-zone and to set your makeup but if you have normal/dry skin then you can skip that step.

Absolutely love this foundation and would highly recommend!

on 4/15/2015 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think I've found my HG foundation. I'm an NC40 in mac and i wear the shade 56 light bronze in this foundation and it matches pretty well. However, the line does tend to run pink; however, for olive skintones this shade works well.

I have dry skin and this foundation applies very smoothly and dries to somewhere between the dewiness of mac face and body and a semi matte finish. It's absolutely gorgeous but it is light to medium coverage and since I don't live in europe, shade matching was very difficult.

on 4/14/2015 7:43:00 PM

So, my skin has been really dry at the moment and with some dry patches, but I still have an oily forehead, and this foundation works beautifully with my combo skin. It gives a natural glow to the skin, it is light weight and has low to medium coverage, so you'll have a "no makeup" look. It doesn't accentuate my dry patches and it doesn't make me oilier. I also gave one of this to my mom (who has a very normal skin) and she loved it because she didn't feel like she was using foundation at all. It does have a fruity scent but I find that it dissappears after application. I also found that it covers my pores really well. If you have normal to dry skin you will love it. If you have normal to oily, I would still recommend it(perhaps using a primer or powder) but if you're super oily then I don't think this is for you. For reference, I use 51-Light Vanilla(NC15-20) and my mom uses 53-Light Beige(NC25-30). My only complaint is that this foundation doesn't offer colors for darker skin tones. However, if you can find your color, I think this is totally worth the money.

on 4/13/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I have dry patches on my cheeks around my nose and an oily forehead. ..got this as I also have sensitive skin as in bumps rather than spots or acne..
coverage is light can possibly be medium after 2 coats or mixed with another foundation but mainly its a natural finish
not a really a 'gel' but rather a light liquid foundation
applies very easily with or without a brush (sometimes I use my fingers) I use the real tech contour brush as I feel the real tech buffing brush lifts the product off the skin so it's almost tooooo blended
this is a good fdn for people with normal/dry skin people with oily skin may have issues
it doesn't last a huge amount of time BUT I don't use a primer as I have skin issues with primers so I can't say if it does or doesn't work
It is not bad for £10 I prefer this over my Nars ...It doesn't stick to my dry patches but I do use bio oil on my patches 15 mins before I apply the fdn (I'm extra dry right now because I'm pregnant otherwise I use a normal Moisturiser) Also I don't apply any fdn in general to my forehead because I get oily there during the day
I am NC40 in Mac / Nars sheer glow I am shade Barcelona so I have this in shade 55 and it's a dead on match though you wouldn't think it from the bottle.
Overall ... great for a natural look and for summer and for people with dry skin ... didn't break me out in bumps or spots