August 30, 2014 | 1134 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by stephaniecsw92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's my holy grail foundation. I've tried Chanel Aqualumier, Loreal True Match but this is my favourite.

Scent wise, Bourjois and Chanel is owned by the same family so the scents of the products is very similiar.

It's my favourite because it looks and feel very natural on my skin , as if I've not applied any foundation on my skin. It sinks in so well, as its name says it's a Serum Gel Foundation and it lives up to its name.

Colour wise, it matches me perfectly. I have a yellow undertone and am fair.

Also, I'm pretty anal about putting on too much make up and chemical products but i still want to look put together. This gives a flawless, light coverage, just like a tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by WaywardDaughter

This foundation is lovely! Very light coverage, perfect for the "no make-up" look, wonderful smell. I've found that it covers redness and dark circles well, but you'll need concealer for any scars or blemishes. I bought this foundation at Shopper's Drugmart in Canada and was taken aback by the price- $33! I suggest finding your shade at a drug store and then buying online, I found it on Amazon for $13.50! This foundation truly does enhance your skin, sits lightly without accentuating pores or fine lines, and soothes dryness. It WILL NOT last by itself, so invest in some good setting powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by marshmallows84

Great for light to medium coverage, though I think it leans more on the light coverage side. Im so impressed at how easily it blends and can be mixed with other foundations. As a previous reviewer mention its yellow/neutral especially compared to some other yellow based foundation brands like nars, hourglass etc.

There is no cakiness to this and can be pulled of as a no foundation foundation look if applied lightly. Flakiness is not emphasized at all and has a slightly dewy finished that can be easily matt with the proper primer and setting powder. I am simply in love with the smell of this! It smells like potpourri but fades after application. I seriously would buy the scent on its own if bourjois would sell it separately. And makes me curious to try the concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

I love this foundation! I used to be the biggest foundation snob and would shop soley at department stores and sephora for my foundation. Healthy mix serum has been a game changer for me! I have combination skin, my forehead gets shiny during the spring and summer months and most light dewy foundations turn me into an oil slick! I sometimes mix this with the healthy mix foundation, but have realized this works best on my skin ( where as healthy mix foundation makes my skin a bit too oily if I wear it on its own). It looks so natural, had a light to medium coverage, and wears a solid 8-10 hours. On days I over moisturizer or when it's warm I need to powder during lunch time but that's normal for any foundation on my skin. After wearing this I feel no need to try anything else! Great price and one bottle lasts me 6 months with daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by HNA

Super lightweight, dewy but not overly dewy, doesn't cake, natural looking, light coverage which is perfect for me, smells nice, however the colours are quite dark I do wish I went a shade lighter but none the less I still love it. Although was slightly on the more expensive side it's becoming my fave foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Lovely smelling foundation! Good choice of colours. Suits well dry skin. Looks lovely applied. The only issue is that it doesn't stay at all. It looks very nice and dewy to begin with but even on my dry skin it doesn't stay any longer than a few hours. Coverage is very moderate. Very light almost like a BB cream. I had 3 bottles already,but I will not repurchase anymore due to the weak lasting power and I also has some issues with the bottle,2 out of 3 bottles had issues with the pump. I ended up opening up the bottle and scraping out the product myslef.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It leaves my complexion looking youthful and smooth for at least 8 hours. There is zero caking and it doesn't cling to dry spots or pores. It has a natural to slightly dewy finish but doesn't stay tacky to the touch after drying. This foundation has a light to medium coverage but is definitely buildable. It has a very smooth gel-like texture and is super easy to blend.

For reference, I am an NC25 and I chose shade #52, Vanille. Perfect match. This shade leans yellowish but is nowhere near as yellow as Mac or Nars. It's more neutral/yellow. No pink tones at all.

Unfortunately, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation is only sold in Europe. However, I scored my bottle on eBay from a trusted seller. Please do not confuse Healthy Mix Serum Foundation for the regular Healthy Mix Foundation. The cost on EBay was about $14 with shipping.

This is the foundation I have spent my whole make-up loving life looking for. A real HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I tried this when I went to France a couple years ago (it's cheaper over there) and instantly fell in love. First, it's yellow enough for my skin tone, but not TOO yellow (MAC NC-25 tends to be too yellow but NW-25 is way too orange). Second, it's a beautiful light coverage that you can build up effortlessly. It looks great without primer or over primer (and I've tried a few). And lastly, I love the way it smells. Of course a scent may be a negative for some, but for me this scent takes me back to France and I adore it.
It's about $30 CAD which is more than I'd like, but when you think about the fact that most drugstore foundations are 15-20+ CAD, I will pay the extra $10 for something I LOVE.
Note: I have combo skin that gets painfully cracked and dry in the winter and ridiculously oily in the summer. I use this during both seasons. I do get oily with it, but a powder will help. Oily skinned girls, you know the routine. It's not a matte foundation, it does give a sheen. But I like that personally, especially as I get a bit older and want to look dewy and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by qtsara615

I cannot say enough good things about this foundation! From all the drugstore foundations I have tried Revlon CS, Revlon CS Whipped, L'oreal True Match, L'oreal True Match Lumi, Revlon Nearly Naked, Various MISSHA BB Cream and so many more. I am an NC-20 and the shade 52 matches beautifully. The coverage for me is definitely light-medium but more medium when I use 2 pumps. I have Rosacea and pigmentation marks on my skin from previous acne and this covers well depending on what brush I use. I highly recommend stippling then buffing in using the Real Techniques Multitasking brush because this gives you the best looking natural finish and gives off the most coverage because the brush doesn't absorb the product. When I use other real techniques brushes or Sigma kabukis I just don't get the right finish so definitely try this with the Multitasking brush. Towards the end of the day I do see myself getting a bit shiny, but nothing that a blotting paper cannot fix. I would not wear this for a special occasion or my own wedding, but it is definitely the perfect every day foundation and I just cannot get enough of it. The scent is so fruity every time I put this on I feel like I am doing something positive for my skin (though I probably am not! haha) Only annoying part is that living in the US I have to purchase this through e-bay or amazon since drugstores near me do not carry it. Packaging is perfect, sanitary, love having a pump and a cap so I don't worry about a mess in my bag. Highly recommend this!!!

P.S. use only swatches and reviews to match your color before purchasing online if you live in the US

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by maria91

My HG foundation. It blends beautifully and leaves a healthy-looking glow. People say that it's a dupe for Chanel's Vitalumiere and I think they're right! It lasts a long time - although not the 16 hours it suggests on the bottle. Even though it offers medium coverage, it doesn't break me out.
Also, I like that it's in a pump which I find far more hygienic than just pouring it on your hand.

Very highly recommended.