October 26, 2014 | 1244 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Addictedxx24

Let me start. I am a FREAK about my lashes. Some people have bad hair days I have bad eyelash days (not really anymore!) I'm very OCD bout my lashes and use a curler (tweezerman) I always was trying new mascara in hope of finding one I could settle down with. We'll im in love!!! I have lashes that are long but point downward like curtains. No natural curl here. I use my curler and then use this mascara. It has never worked so perfectly!!!! I go over them once sometimes twice. Never clumpy, not spider leggy, the mascara doesn't weigh them down and reduce curl. I also make it through workouts with my lashes in place!!!! As for diving in a swimming pool- my curl is gone but the mascara is still there. I use this as an everyday mascara- never know if you get out of work early enough for a workout sesh or if it'll rain! I recommended it to my girlfriend and she loves it too! Again I have tried so many mascaras- from benefits they're real to diors show and loreal/cover girl ones.... I have finally met the love of my life! (My actual love of my life bought this for me haha) and if it ever doesn't apply the way I want it or my lashes are not in the proper place- I use a lash comb (ladies this is an amazing tool if you have lash issues!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely does not live up to its claims. I certainly can't go swimming with it which is fine but urban decay shouldn't make false claims. That's annoying. It has actually left me with faint raccoon eyes by the end of the day occasionally. This is unacceptable. Especially for a mascara that really doesn't do much for my lashes in the way of volumizing or lengthening. My cheap maybelline waterproof mascara seems to hold up better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I wouldn't buy this again because even though it truly lengthened my lashes it made them look very thin and spider leg like. It was also not fully waterproof however it was really water resistant. The formula is dry which I dislike as it takes more time to apply. My lashes didn't feel stiff and crunchy though so that is lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I am on the fence with this mascara. It is the only mascara that I've tried so far that is able to hold a curl (I have straight Asian eyelashes that point downward). The curl lasts throughout the day. When I put this on my upper eyelashes the mascara doesn't budge at all. However it's a different story with my lower lashes - if I put this mascara on my lower lashes, I always get racoon eyes. Also this mascara is not volumizing, though it makes my eyelashes look a little longer. It is however, extremely waterproof and smudgeproof (ONLY for my upper eyelashes). It can be difficult to remove unless you use a very good eyemakeup remover. I tried removing it with the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, but ended up having to scrub it off. On the other hand the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover removes this mascara very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by yungching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this on a whim and was not disappointed.
Was in fact really pleased with the product.
This adds volume and length to my lashes without weighing it down.
Best of all, it holds curls very well.
Despite wearing it for more than 10 hours, it did not smudge nor flake at all.
Through it all, it is easy to remove with any eye makeup remover.
One thing i really like though was how it does not make my eyelashes feel plasticky-stiff whilst being buildable without clumping up

ps: The wand was tiny enough to maneuver even the inner and outer lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

I really wanted to love this mascara after reading amazing reviews about it. But I'm sad to admit that it will not replace my Diorshow Iconic Waterproof.

I agree with most reviews that it does make lashes look great ....... though it takes some practice. It gets a little messy when applying I guess bc I have "Asian" lashes. They are straight but I consider them "normal" length lol not short. So when I curl them and start putting mascara, half of it is on my lids and then I need to clean that up and apply more mascara. I'm not too fond of this process as it takes time.
I need mascara that looks natural and gives a bit of volume and definition, keeps the curl all day, and doesn't smudge. UD Cannonball definitely keeps my lashes curled all day, gives right amount of volume and OK deifinition...but I'm not a fan of fiber mascaras as I wear contacts, and if mascara flakes, then it's a real pain in the eye ... And Cannonball does flake a bit and boy it smudges after a couple of hours! I have to keep checking every hour to make sure I don't look like raccoon.

Like I said it takes some time to get a hang of it, at least it did for me... I think it's also bc of the brush. I'm so used to Diorshow brushes that anything that looks different is difficult for me to use at first. I don't know how waterproof it is as I didn't swim nor did I cry .....yet BUT I find it difficult to remove with non-oil based waterproof makeup remover that I use to remove Iconic mascara with no problem. So I'd assume that yes it is pretty waterproof lol

So my verdict is I most likely will not repurchase it and will just go back to my beloved Iconic... I don't even know why I keep trying other mascara when I always just go back to Diorshow. Those are the best mascaras for me

*******************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: (April 1, 2014)
I still like how it holds a curl and adds just the right amount of volume.BUT the smudging drives me crazy. I use UD Primer and MUFE powder but nothing helps it still smudges and flakes. :(
The green cap came off lol. It wasn't glued very well.

April 24, 2014

I went back to Dior Iconic Extreme...no smudging.
I forgot to mention that I noticed my eyelids got oilier which was causing all the smudging with Cannonball. But now that I'm using Dior again, my eyelids don't get oily AT ALL. Weird... but I think maybe the formula of the mascara was causing the oiliness??? =/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by KEWO

I love this mascara. I have short, asian lashes that refuse to hold a curl after I apply mascara. What I look for is long lashes, and this mascara definitely gives it. It stays all day with no smudge, and I bet if I cried, it would not smudge. Sometimes, I forget to take my makeup off and in the morning, the product is gone, but my lashes are still curled. I like the click the mascara makes to let you know its closed, but I do not like the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!! I have purchased it many times over now and it is my go to mascara for beach,rainy,party, wedding days. Any time I need my mascara to make my eyes look amazing & last! I will continue to buy this mascara! Pair this with the new subversion primer and it is even more amazing. I love this mascara!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

One word: AH-MAZING!!!!! This makes my lashes so, so long. I get asked all of the time if I am wearing fake eyelashes with this mascara. I love it. Not to mention it is amazingly waterproof. I wore this to my dad's funeral. I cried my eyes out. Not one budge. My lashes still looked long and luscious. If you're looking for a wedding mascara that won't budge when you're bawling your eyes out, look no further!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lemondrop3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Soooo happy! I have barely-there, sparse, thin lashes. On top of that, one eyelid is very hooded, which presses down on my lashes and flattens out the curl. Well, after years of trying different recommended waterproof mascaras (e.g., Dior, Shiseido, LashBlast), I have found the mascara of my dreams. Cannonball really works for me! The first day I used it, I couldn't believe that my lashes still looked curled after a long day of work! I also tried using it with and without Shiseido's lash primer and found that the curl actually stayed better without the primer. I just make sure that I coat near the base of my lashes where the curl begins to kind of "set" the curl, then I coat the rest of my lashes. Cannonball doesn't give me that "spidery", false eyelash look but a natural-looking, thick-enough, long-enough look. It is a fibrous formula which flakes slightly, but not much. The packaging is very plain but I care about the product, not the package. Don't know if there's other mascaras out there that would work better for me but for now, THIS IS IT!