Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

4.2

Water, cetearyl alcohol, sodium stearoyl glutamate, glycol distearate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, sodium laureth sulfate, hectorite, sodium cocoyl glutamate, dipropylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, fragrance, glycerin, phenoxyisopropanol, butyrospernum, parkii (shea butter), panthenol, xantham gum, disodium EDTA, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, lecithin, polymnia sonchifolia root juice, palmitoyl myristyl serinate, maltodextrin, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed extract, gypsophila paniculata root extract, potassium sorbate, lactobacillus, methylchloroisothiazolinone, tocopherol, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 19140/yellow 5, CI 15985/yellow 6

on 1/4/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't foam like the name leads you to believe but boy does it wash off every trace of makeup. Even my waterproof eyeliner came right off with out that super dry feeling after. My skin is dry so I need moisturizer right after but this is probably the best face wash I've ever tried. Cons: the price is a little steep and the packaging isn't that great, a little does go a long way but if you're not careful way more than you need comes out. Despite the price and the not so great packaging it's worth not having to use a separate eye makeup remover

on 12/22/2013 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this after having problems with the Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed (I've posted a review on that product).
The Cottonseed version made my skin sore and tight but I found immediate improvements when I started to use this; my skin felt much more comfortable, soft and rehydrated.I went out for a long lunch the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see late afternoon that my face still looked fresh and well rested despite having had only 4 hours sleep the night before. I think the rehydrating and moisturising properties of this product helped with that.
I have been using this at night after Clarins Cleansing Milk for normal/dry skin, wiping off the Foaming Cleanser with a warm washcloth and following with the Toning Lotion with Chamomile, and on its own in the morning. In comparison to the Cottonseed version, this is a very creamy cleanser and flows out of the tube more quickly. I find it foams up better if you use a small amount - about the size of a large pea - and agitate it well between the hands first. The fragrance is creamy and buttery (if that makes sense), almost vanilla-y ; quite different from the natural floral scents of many Clarins products, but is pleasantly subtle.
I had used many tubes of the original All Skin Types Gentle Foaming Cleanser before it was discontinued, and found the Shea Butter version too rich for me back then. This time round, though, I'm finding that it's just what my skin needs for the winter months when it flips between dry, dehydrated, or both.
Looking at the reviews for these Clarins cleansers it seems that the normal/combo cleanser can work great on dry skin, the dry/sensitive works great on oily skin, etc. Clarins are very good at providing product samples, in store or online with purchase, so I would recommend trying one or two out before buying.
I've given it four stars because for overall cleansing and performance because I think my Clinique Rinse Off Cleanser/Liquid Soap duo works better. I switched to Clarins for a more natural and nourishing winter regime and so far it's working very well. I think the skin gets used to products over time, and changing your routine periodically does seem to work.

on 12/15/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I use this in conjunction with the Cottonseed Cleanser which does foam. I use this one for my morning cleanser. I need a morning shower cleanser for my face and this is gentle and yet takes any residue of night creams and other nastiness from my skin. it leaves my skin soft and ready for my morning moisturizing routine.

It comes in a tube which is quite functional, but when you get the bottom of the tube, it gets tricky to get out the last of the product.

Clarins makes great skincare and this is just another example of a great product at a decent price.

will always repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very silky, smooth, cushiony and luxurious. Doesn't truly foam (which is fine considering it's supposed to be a gentle cleanser), and has a light, pleasant shea scent. Expensive, but a pea size amount will make the bottle last quite awhile. I like the refreshing, dewy, supple feel of my skin after cleansing and it definitely hasn't irritated it. Will buy again!

on 12/4/2013 6:57:00 PM

I needed a basic cleanser that won't cause breakouts, dry out my skin or leave any sort of residue. My skin has been acting up from an allergic reaction and this seems to calm it down. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave the tight feeling after washing my face. It seems to remove the last bits of makeup pretty well. I don't find it particularly moisturizing considering it claims to have shea butter in it. However it does get the job done without stripping your skin. The only bad thing I can say about the cleanser is the scent, it reminds me of something my grandma would use. I find it hard to control the amount of cleanser to squeeze out which leads to a lot of wasted product. Overall, it is a good cleanser if you're looking for something simple. Would I purchase it again? No, I am planning to go the organic or more natural route so my skin doesn't act up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good but not great. It's supposed to be for dry skin, but I've actually found my skin to be a bit dryer and rougher after using this for a couple weeks. :( It does make my skin softer and reduce the redness immediately after using it, but there hasn't been any long term redness reduction or moisture retention benefits. It's gentle enough I suppose. I guess I'll just use this as much as I can before the autumn and winter really start drying me out. Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

QUESTION: DOES ANYONE KNOW THE pH of this cleanser?! Inbox me if so!!

I really like this cleanser, but I'm not giving it a 5 yet.

I use this when I feel like my skin is especially dry and it doesn't irritate me, cleanses well, and smells divine.

I have trouble finding cleansers that don't irritate me or strip me - and this is definitely one that doesn't. I really trust Clarins as a brand and I think this is one of their greatest products.

on 6/25/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is alright with me. I was previously using Yes to Cucumbers Facial Cleansing Gel which worked amazing for me; no issue at all. But I have been using that cleanser for so long I really just wanted to try something new. I bought this cleanser due to the high reviews on here. So let's get started. I personally love the fact that it just somewhat lathers. It does lather people! It isn't a soapy sudsy experience but honestly when I am using my Clarisonic I am not looking for that. More suds equals more mess on my sink. This stuff is creamy and moisturizing for the skin yet still manages to lather up just enough to make you feel confident about getting all of the dirt and film off of your face. The added bonus would be the smoothness that is acquired after each use. The shea butter does a great job at putting the moisture back into your face and leaving it smooth and ready for whatever moisturizer or make up application is to come. This cleanser isn't some anti aging, miracle worker cleanser, so don't think you are going to get that. It is a simple great cleanser that does the job when it comes to washing your face without striping it.

I love this!

I have been using this for a couple of years now, after using Simple for many years. I fancied something a bit more luxurious and I have been hooked ever since. You only need a tiny bit and I have found that one tube has lasted me for 5 months - far longer than any cheaper drugstore/pharmacy version where I would normally get around 4-6 weeks before trekking out to buy another one. I have quite oily / combination skin and am prone to spots (even in my thirties!) if I mess around with my skin too much. This suits it down to the ground. Am just about to repurchase again....

on 5/15/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ok so...I had to write this review. I still find it shocking how well this product works. I have hyper sensitive skin so anything can irritate it. I also have an oil imbalance, acne, ect. After a year of Burt's Bee's Radiance face cleanser I knew i needed something better because it would cleanse well but my skin was still messed up.
It appealed to me because its fairly natural which is all my skin can tolerate, it said "for sensitive skin", and pH balancing. I was skeptical. It really takes a good 2-3 weeks to know if a product is making a difference and its been about 4.
This is the holy grail of face wash for me. For the first time in my life my face skin can tolerate a little extra dirt here, some leftover make up there because the bacteria on my face is healthy and balanced. It isn't drying or oily, just smooth and normal like the regular skin on the rest of my body. And my acne is gone. Just gone. Like i don't even use an acne treatment and this isn't even specifically for acne. It's just good healthy skin cleaner. And damn gentle. I love it. My face used to be like gross, peeling leather with a red nose and chin and even my hair touching my face was giving me acne, but i use this in the morning and night and its great. After I use it in the morning I lightly use an all-natural toner then hypoallergenic, sensitive skin,organic (you get the idea) moisturizing lotion with no scent or dye. (thats how sensitive I am). At night after I wash with it I just apply the same lotion before I go to sleep

I bought it from Nordstrom online for $22 w/ free shipping. Totally worth it. You also only need to use a little bit and lather it well with luke-warm water. I didn't know how important it was to have a pH balanced face for optimal skin health. I don't even wear foundation or bb cream anymore, i honestly don't need to. My boyfriend even said I look so different now (in a good way of course).

If you have any doubts at least try it for a few weeks, and don't forget to moisturize. I mean what could go bad, your skin will stay the same? That's about all that could happen but I'm telling you it works. You have to be patient, some people's skin takes like 6 weeks to work with a product. If you still having clogged pore skin problems it could very well be you moisturizer, so don't use a fancy one with 500 ingredients that cancels out the benefits of this cleanser.

This is the thing I would bring with me to a deserted island.