Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Behentrimonium Chloride , Lactic Acid , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Gluconolactone , Adipic Acid , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Sulfate , Trehalose , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , PEG-150 Distearate , Cetrimonium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200)

This conditioner is awesome!! I use it with a volumizing shampoo from l'oreal the volume filler one, (I didn't care what shampoo just wanted a volumizing one), and I know a lot of people say that shampoo dries out your hair, but I used this conditioner after using it and my hair is sooooooooo soft I love it =) I should say though, that my hair isn't damaged, I just wanted a really good moisturizing conditioner and this one is amazing, my hair feels so soft and silky, I would prefer a pump though! Not the biggest fan of the smell haha it smells like bananas to me and sort of like the aussie 3 minute miracle which a lot of people love that smell, but I don't mind it's not overwhelming and doesn't hang around.

on 6/21/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG. Its super hydrating and i've been using it for about 3 years now.

on 6/17/2014 4:15:00 PM

i bought this product based on reviews on this site, Amazon, and other sites.

After having highlighted my hair at a salon, the condition of my hair was seriously horrible. Beyond damaged. I think my hair was at the level right before "burnt hair". I usually use natural/organic products on my hair, such as trader joes tea tree shampoo and nourish spa moisture conditioner, but the natural stuff was not cutting it with this damage. I needed something stronger. So i tried this.

I used it for 1 week. it gave great slip in the shower and my hair did feel nice and soft after rinsing, however it was really greasy. left my roots really greasy and oily, and i didn't even apply to the roots. already having fine hair with oily roots, that's a deal breaker for me.

I still gave it a chance. for one whole week. it made my ends FEEL soft, but LOOK horrible, and i could not deal with the buildup. i decided to keep it to use to for when i'm shaving my legs....but no..this made me break out on my legs too...i had to give this away to someone because i couldn't even find the receipt to return it. i've had better results from using tresemme conditioners, with weekly hair mayonnaise treatments. Also this made my back break out too. very eww, i know but yea. its just a bottle full of grease.

on 6/8/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im not finding this set as good one. It works like average conditioners, the price nowadays is so expensibe that its ridiculous.

I bought this product based on the reviews of everyone else and had been using it for the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately my experience with it was not so great :( immediately right after using it i noticed that my hair simply did not have much slip to it when i was brushing it out and also when it dried it looked frizzier than usual. I chalked it up to having a bad hair day. After a week or to my ends looked so dry and frazzled that I took to trimming off about 2 inches myself. But even after the trim it still looked terrible. I noticed that i was losing more hair than usual too. Yesterday i was traveling and so used my conditioner that i keep in my travle sized container in my luggage and my hair looked GREAT. i realized it's really that it's the Dove conditioner that was damaging my hair.

on 4/29/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I never, ever would have thought to try this conditioner if it had not been for the stellar reviews here. I have been using salon conditioners for close to ten years now and was becoming more and more unimpressed with their quality. I just felt that there was not enough moisture in all of the "moisturizing" conditioners that I tried. Redken All Soft, Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture, Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery, Joico Moisture Recovery, Rusk Wellness Bedew Hydrating....you get the picture. I was starting to wonder if I should resort to a using a deep conditioner every time I washed my hair!
I've been using this for a few weeks now and must say that if the awesomeness continues it will be a definite HG. It smells amazing. Tropical, coconut, fruity, fresh. As far as consistency goes, it's not really thick or thin. Just average. I only need about a nickel to quarter size amount to cover my shoulder length thick/coarse hair. The real magic is after I rinse the conditioner out of my hair. I don't feel like I'm rinsing all of the moisture away! My hair stays soft and I can comb through it easily once I'm out of the shower. I haven't experienced any product buildup that others have mentioned but I use a clarifying shampoo every 1-2 weeks so it hasn't been a problem.
I think I paid $6 for this and it's worth every single penny. I HIGHLY recommend!!!!

on 4/24/2014 4:00:00 PM

Like so many of you, I've tried dozens and dozens of conditioners ranging from salon quality to drugstore brands, and frankly, my search for a HG daily conditioner ended the day I first used this one. ...Wow. That sounded more dramatic than I intended. :o)

This is a thick, rich conditioner that allows me to comb through my very fine, tangle-prone hair without so much as a snag. (To clarify, I comb out my hair while I'm in the bath and the conditioner soaks in.) In spite of the richness of the conditioner, it doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it flat, when so many other conditioners do. The smell is also heavenly - the faintest hint of coconut lingers long after I've blown it dry. In fact, my little boys (twins who are four) often smell my hair and declare, "Mommy, you smell good!"

For reference: I have bra strap length hair that's a study in contradictions -- thin around my hairline, but full and thick everywhere else; straight in the front, but kinky wavy in the back if I let it dry naturally. It's also very fine and tangles easily, so much so that I have to comb it out in the bath while conditioning it; otherwise, I'll never get the tangles out.

In short: If you're looking for a daily conditioner that will nourish your hair, leaving it soft and smooth without weighing it down, you should certainly try this one. At such a reasonable price, you can't go wrong!

on 4/4/2014 1:58:00 PM

HI there. So I was looking for something to replace my biolage conditioner which I love everything about it, except the price.. At 20 bucks a bottle, I started to look around online for the best drug store conditioners to save a few dollars.. I saw a site that listed top drug store conditioners and this one was number 2 I believe. So I read these reviews on mua and thought I'd give it a shot. I really like this conditioner. While it isn't omfg soft while in the shower, it rinses out with a very soft feel to my hair and even softer when it's dry.

I will keep buying this conditioner. I love it and it compares to my favorite salon conditioner. I don't have any negative things to say about this product. I've been using it for about 2 to 3 months.

Thanks for reading.

on 3/5/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been struggling to find a conditioner that works for my hair after TRESemme changed their formulas and the one I was using before started leaving me with a waxy build-up. My hair is super, super fine (though dense) and gets oily and weighed down easily. Most conditioners either leave my hair with build-up which makes it look greasy, or just leave it limp and lifeless with no body or structure. I was hesistant to try this because it's meant to be a heavier conditioner for damaged hair (my hair's dyed dark so it's quite silky already and doesn't have heat damage or any issues like that) so I figured it might weigh my hair down at the very least, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It actually gives my hair a bit of structure and bounce/body without weighing it down at all, and doesn't look at all greasy, even at the roots. It actually gives me more volume than Dove's Volume Boost conditioner, and leaves it shinier as well. The fragrance isn't bad but nothing spectacular but it isn't strong and I can't really smell it in my hair afterwards, which I prefer anyways. I will continue to buy and would recommend!

on 1/21/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This may be the BEST conditioner I've ever used for dry, damaged hair. And I've tried all kinds of salon quality, expensive stuff, especially when I was going through a badly damaged phase with my hair. It's very conditioning, and really does help with split ends. I was at a point where I had so many split ends, that continuing to cut them off just wasn't an option, my hair would have been a few inches short. This conditioner really helped with manageability and seemed to at least fake the appearance and feel of healthier hair. I don't use it as much now, because it does weigh my fine hair down a bit (anything that is extra conditioning weighs my hair down at least a little), but I will still use it from time to time on the ends when my hair feels a bit dry.