April 16, 2014 | 865 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by DamnPrecious

Turns orange and melts off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, texture but color can be a bit ashy if you have a certain type of skin tone. I don't really get a dewey finish from this but my skin tends to be dryish. I like this BB, overall, it's one of the pretty good ones!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Medhusannika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of a BB because I hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my skin and would rather wear no makeup than a mask everyday. I switched to this after my Dior Hydralife ran it's course. The Dior was just too orangey for me and I tend to have oily skin so it made me an oily mess during the day although the coverage and packaging was fabulous. The price was also almost $60 which was laughable although it lasted me a good 8 mos with some left and almost daily usage. I care more about skin care benefits than having a 100% flawless mask face. There were two options and because of the skin care the lady at Sephora suggested I try this brand.

The color matches almost perfectly my light sandy colored skin. I would say if you are medium+ and warm undertones, this will not work for you because it's very light and has a cooler base. I am impressed that it doesn't make me incredibly oily after 10 hrs of work although it's not matte by any means. Just a heads up the first time I used it it hardly did anything because it was so light and watery and I thought uhhhh no way my Neutrogena HSE is better than this for 1/3 the price. I had to shake it up and then it was closer to a consistency of a foundation although much more lighter going on.

I'll update if I have any skin improvements or reactions, but I'd consider this sheer-light+ coverage. It will help to even skin tone or blur imperfections, but will not cover them. I have light freckles and it does not really cover them like a foundation does. Love the SPF and the pump is nice although unlike the Hydralife it's in a hard "tube" that you can't get the last drop out very easily. MUCH more affordable than the Hydralife although not drugstore prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cstobbs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It is a little light in color, so I mix it with Boscia's BB and the color is perfect. I use this as my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

This BB has nice coverage. The color seems to darken as you wear it. So beware buffing a touch of bronzer on! My biggest complaint with this product is Blackheads. I see nothing that states it's non- cominagentic (which I've likely spelled wrong).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Tinga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is lovely, pump hygienic and puts out a small (adequate) volume with each pump. Need only a little of this product to cover my face.
Quite sheer coverage, need extra layer over imperfections and dark circles. "Dewy" finish. I set this BB cream with Laura Mercier translucent powder and finish with a little blush. Overall good staying power,no need for touch up during the work day.

Initially the BB cream goes on a pinky pale ashy color however oxidizes to my skin color nicely.
Fragrance free

Pricey in terms of BB cream though- purchased from Sephora.

I would however repurchase - overall I quite enjoy this product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by dangsusiQ

I am currently using this and the first few months I used it during winter and spring were great! but once the weather started to get hot and humid, It wasn't as light and natural feeling as before. However it is not as greasy as Skin79 or Missha during the summer. I'm a bit on the fence with this one but the coverage is nice. Definitely a skin brightener.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I like the product and it makes my skin look a lot younger and healthier but the color is gray and ashy looking on my skin. This is surprising since I am fair and neutral. I was told that it was a one color fits all and that it self adjusts to match your skin color perfectly. It goes on gray and stays grayish. I can work some color into it with my bronzer and blush but without anything but the BB cream, my face is quite unbecoming and washed out looking. I am on the fence about whether or not I would repurchase, I mean I like the way it makes my skin look health wise but the color it horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by chantililly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale for half price at Boots. Of course Boots doesn't have any testers of this product since it's in their "skincare" aisle, which is a pretty darn silly marketing choice if you ask me, so it was a completely blind buy.

The skin test on the back of my hand was quite promising-- I have very sensitive skin which can't cope with most foundations, and I didn't have any kind of reaction to it. However, I did notice that it was quite dark against my skin. Once blended in it became much more translucent and was barely visible, however, and as my hands are at least a shade or two paler than my face (I wear summer gloves in the sun because my family seems to be quite prone to sunspots, but I admit to being a bit incautious about using, or not using, sunscreen on my face-- it makes me break out) I thought that it would maybe be OK.

It turns out, predictably, it's too dark for my Illamasqua 115-120 skin. However, it's only a bit too dark, and in fact once it has settled in it isn't noticeable at all. It doesn't look too hot by itself, being too yellow for my skin tone, but with a top coat of Bare Minerals powder foundation it looks near perfect though I'd still prefer it paler. (Funnily enough I see lots of women here complaining about the "greyish" finish of many BB creams, and how nobody really has that skin colour; well, I do, and I wish this product had more of it!)

The thing I am impressed by is how well it copes with problem areas that foundations can't deal with. Because of my oily T-bar and huge pores, I have a big problem with foundation caking up in the corners of my nose, which is mostly unavoidable as my nostrils are very red and I can't avoid using concealer there. This doesn't hide either the darkness around my eyes (it isn't due to tiredness; I think it's just because I'm so white that the veins show through) nor does it hide the redness, but it evens them out and doesn't cake. It does highlight my pores a bit and it has a bit of a greasy finish on its own in some lights, but it's nothing powder can't handle and it looks beautiful under my Bare Minerals foundation-- exactly like my skin but fresh, glowing, and better.

Would I buy this product again? No. It does make my skin look nice, and I will probably use it on occasion, but I think I'll try some other Asian BB creams first. I could cope with the strange finish seeing as it does look quite nice if not examined up close, but it simply doesn't match my skin tone (for reference, I'm Illamasqua RF115-120) and I don't think that will get any easier seeing as here in the UK summer is already drawing to a close.

FINAL EDIT. While this looked super nice under my Bare Minerals foundation and I adore the dewy finish, after about five days of wearing it I broke out horribly-- whiteheads all over my nose and chin, big pimples on my cheeks where I haven't had any for years, and even a couple on my forehead where I never get acne. While it's calmed down a lot since then, my poor skin is still looking sad a week or so after I went foundation-free to let it breathe. As my skin was pretty much perfect before using it and this is the only new product I've tried, I know what caused that. If it was a bit lighter and didn't turn me into my sixteen-year-old nightmare it'd be a HG product for the gorgeous finish, so I hate to do it, but I have knocked off another lippie for just how terrible it's made my skin look. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who breaks out easily.