Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 1/15/2015 2:40:00 PM

I am on my third or fourth tube. Over the past few years, my skin has been super dry. I was just trying to accept that my face would look very dry close-up after going through many different moisturizers (clinique, bliss, etc.). With this, I get the right level of coverage, skin protection, and no dryness. It is the best!
I am very fair skinned, but when I do self-tan, I add a splash of bronzer to this along with a small dab of darker foundation to make it look less washed out.

on 1/8/2015 5:06:00 PM

I love the dewy finish of this that I've been looking for. It's dewier than the black label, water green label, or white label for me. I have super dry flaky skin which is very unforgiving of non moisturizing products. This is light enough to let my freckles show through, which I appreciate. It's not like skin 79 which is high coverage or etude house mineral bb, higher matter coverage... No this is I just washed my face and it still has that shiny effect. No thick mask. Light fresh and dewy. HG. As for color, it matches my part pink part yellow korean irish german skin. So yes it's a weird color, but it works for me. It's neutral.

This is one of my favorite BB creams. I was using the Jouer luminizing moisture tint, but found this had much better coverage. Has worked really well with my skin and a little bit goes a long way. I was turned off by the color initially. But once you blend it into your skin, it is invisible!

on 1/1/2015 12:24:00 AM

This BB cream is the best one i've used. It doesn't clog my pores, it's not heavy. perfect coverage. it's not too thick -- actually on the runny side, but it makes it easier to blend into your skin. it evens out my skin tone just enough without making it obvious i have something on my face. the scent isn't too strong and my skin doesn't react to this one like it does to the Misscha brand or Iope brand bb creams.

on 11/30/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really don't see the point of this. It did not "adjust" to my skin tone, whether very pale or tan and I've been every shade in that spectrum this summer. Offered absolutely zero coverage for me. I ended up using it up by using it as a base and that repurposing wasn't the greatest. Working on a deluxe sample from a Sephora Favorites kit and then I'm done. Definitely will not purchase full size.

on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my HG BB. I received a sample of the Black Label in my Birchbox and went to Sephora to get more, but I noticed the other types of Dr Jart BB cream, so I tried them. I really liked the way the Premium looked--it wasn't as "bright" as the Radiant one, but less dull than the Black Label (which I really do like) So I decided to buy this one. It makes my skin look PERFECT. I am 44 years old, acne prone around jawline, some skin discoloration due to sun damage and some acne scars. It covers my scarring perfectly, and makes my skin discoloration disappear. It feels great and is definitely high quality. I live in Florida so I love the SPF and love that it's a physical not chemical blocker. Initially when you put it on, you're like "whoa what the hell" but give it 5 minutes and it blends really well I have slightly olive, medium toned skin, I am NOT pale, but it still works really well. I am thrilled to have found this after trying about 5 other BB creams, both Korean and cheap drugstore brands.

on 9/2/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It worked really well for my combination skin. It was extremely moisturizing and provided moderate coverage.

on 8/20/2014 5:04:00 AM

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my face dull after 5 minutes of application. My neck and face start out the same but in a couple of minutes my face gets darker/duller. I don't want to wash my face and find that it looks better without makeup.

The product works better for me in daylight and I photograph better so that's a bonus.

on 7/27/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.