October 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I thought this would work seamlessly, based on the reviews and that this would be a no brainer, since I don't have oily skin or eyelids. But I found this made my shadow crease after a few hours. I never reach for this. I will likely give it to someone and it will probably work for them though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kimbySS

I think people who say ¨it sucks¨ just arent using it right. When I first started i would put directly to my lids, which was way to much. Put some on your finger and use that for both of your lids. I hve asian eyes, not quite monolid but i do have a small lid area and very oily lids. This keeps my liner and shadow in place from 5:30 am till 6 pm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another fave in the beauty world, this primer is supposed to be a dupe for the Urban Decay primer potion. I haven't tried the latter so I don't know whether that's true or not, but what I can say is that this product is phenomenal. For those girls like me with extremely oily eyelids who need their eyeshadow to hold strong for several hours a day, this one's for you. Plus it makes the color look super saturated and vibrant, even the sheerest, most poorly pigmented eyeshadows I own look very nice layered over this primer.The texture is slightly tacky but I suppose that's what helps your eyeshadow stick to your lids. The product is in a nude color which looks rather clear on the eyes so if you have any redness, darkness or veins you need to cover, make sure you apply some concealer on the lids beforehand or mix it in with the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am shocked at the great results I got with this. I will keep buying. Shadow stays put and looks vibrant. Blended perfectly with this. Love it.

Edit: I do still love it but wanted to say that I agree that I don't think people are applying this correctly. It takes very little and needs to be blended evenly. It also takes a long time to dry but it WILL dry. You do have to run your finger over it once it DOES dry to smooth out the crease (BEFORE you put on the eye shadow) but if you do that and then it dries, it will not crease at all for the rest of the day. For the quality of how it makes my shadows look on my eyes once done and it's staying power, this is not an issue for me but may be for some people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Asian oily and hooded eyes.

In cool, dry weather this product works great. Right now it's hot and not humid but not winter dry, and my shadows are creasing by end of the work day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by whitequeen1

I love this more than urban decays primer. Goes on smooth, and eyeshadow lasts forever as if it's been freshly applied! Colors never run, or fade. It's amazing. It also helps intensify my shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I was introduced to the Urban Decay Primer Potion from all of the rave reviews on this great site and it became my HG eye primer, so thanks for all of the comments on it. That being said, I also read great reviews on the NYX HDEB and it's now become my HG eye primer, mainly because of the price: less than $10 Cdn including taxes at Save On Foods. For me, it's every bit as good as the UDPP. When I first tried the NYX HDEB, I found the applicator a bit awkward (it's fashioned like a lip gloss applicator) and the product went on a bit oily, but it does an excellent job of keeping my lids oil-free and my shadow and liner true for a good 10+ hours. Easy to find and 1/4 price of the UDPP. Would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cassandraleann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The packaging is nice & you don't need a lot of the stuff...but that's about where the good ends. I don't think this primer stuck to my lids at all because 3-4 hours after applying my eye makeup, it was already creasing. Even ELF performed better than that. I've tried powdering it and applying a concealer under it and it still didn't work. I'll be sticking to TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very oily eyelids, so despite the fact that I prime them before applying my eyeshadow, mid-day, my lids looks gross with the creasing that forms. I love this primer because it keeps the creasing at bay; I still experience the oil peaking through to form some creases, but it's nothing compared to what I would get pre-NYX. It also really makes my eyeshadows pigmented. For the price, you can't beat it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I gave this to my stepmonster, who had never tried primer before. She loves it, but I wasn't impressed. Fergie worked much better for me at half the price, better packaging, and is also more readily available.