September 30, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another fave in the beauty world, this primer is supposed to be a dupe for the Urban Decay primer potion. I haven't tried the latter so I don't know whether that's true or not, but what I can say is that this product is phenomenal. For those girls like me with extremely oily eyelids who need their eyeshadow to hold strong for several hours a day, this one's for you. Plus it makes the color look super saturated and vibrant, even the sheerest, most poorly pigmented eyeshadows I own look very nice layered over this primer.The texture is slightly tacky but I suppose that's what helps your eyeshadow stick to your lids. The product is in a nude color which looks rather clear on the eyes so if you have any redness, darkness or veins you need to cover, make sure you apply some concealer on the lids beforehand or mix it in with the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am shocked at the great results I got with this. I will keep buying. Shadow stays put and looks vibrant. Blended perfectly with this. Love it.

Edit: I do still love it but wanted to say that I agree that I don't think people are applying this correctly. It takes very little and needs to be blended evenly. It also takes a long time to dry but it WILL dry. You do have to run your finger over it once it DOES dry to smooth out the crease (BEFORE you put on the eye shadow) but if you do that and then it dries, it will not crease at all for the rest of the day. For the quality of how it makes my shadows look on my eyes once done and it's staying power, this is not an issue for me but may be for some people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Asian oily and hooded eyes.

In cool, dry weather this product works great. Right now it's hot and not humid but not winter dry, and my shadows are creasing by end of the work day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by whitequeen1

I love this more than urban decays primer. Goes on smooth, and eyeshadow lasts forever as if it's been freshly applied! Colors never run, or fade. It's amazing. It also helps intensify my shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I was introduced to the Urban Decay Primer Potion from all of the rave reviews on this great site and it became my HG eye primer, so thanks for all of the comments on it. That being said, I also read great reviews on the NYX HDEB and it's now become my HG eye primer, mainly because of the price: less than $10 Cdn including taxes at Save On Foods. For me, it's every bit as good as the UDPP. When I first tried the NYX HDEB, I found the applicator a bit awkward (it's fashioned like a lip gloss applicator) and the product went on a bit oily, but it does an excellent job of keeping my lids oil-free and my shadow and liner true for a good 10+ hours. Easy to find and 1/4 price of the UDPP. Would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cassandraleann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The packaging is nice & you don't need a lot of the stuff...but that's about where the good ends. I don't think this primer stuck to my lids at all because 3-4 hours after applying my eye makeup, it was already creasing. Even ELF performed better than that. I've tried powdering it and applying a concealer under it and it still didn't work. I'll be sticking to TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very oily eyelids, so despite the fact that I prime them before applying my eyeshadow, mid-day, my lids looks gross with the creasing that forms. I love this primer because it keeps the creasing at bay; I still experience the oil peaking through to form some creases, but it's nothing compared to what I would get pre-NYX. It also really makes my eyeshadows pigmented. For the price, you can't beat it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I gave this to my stepmonster, who had never tried primer before. She loves it, but I wasn't impressed. Fergie worked much better for me at half the price, better packaging, and is also more readily available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Whoot!!! What a gem this is! Now, before I go on, be advised I did not purchase to use as an eye shadow primer - nope - I recall reading somewhere that someone was using to help his/her under eye concealer adhere better to his/her skin. I am having a bloody battle trying to find a corrector to cancel out my dark circles which have become more pronounced recently so that concealer alone is no longer good enough. This stuff works brilliantly for significantly decreasing the slipperiness of all the correctors I'm currently test driving - now product stays put! I've used quite happily for over a week now and no matter which corrector/concealer/brightner combo I end up w/, this will be the base. Even my go to face primer (yes I've started using a primer despite what my np says) couldn't keep the under eye stuff from slipping.

A couple of days ago, I decided to try on my oily eyelids since I've decided to branch out into experimenting w/ eye shadows. So, I put this on and dab in w/ my ring finger and let sit whilest I do same to my under eyes. Then, I move onto another activity (such as flossing my teeth) to let set for a minute or 2. I apply my undereye stuff and once its time to move to eye shadow, I do notice a bit of creasing on my lid which I blend in and then apply shadow.

Definitely helps the staying power of my e/s. I will get like 6 hours or so, 8 or 9 if I spray entire face w/ UD All Nighter.

I have never tried any other similar product so I can't compare, but for the price point and how well its working under my eyes = will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by aber19

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing stuff :)

I am 47 years old with brown hyper pigmentation on top of my eye area. Also I used lemon juice to bleach my eye area, and I had a red reaction and the skin was left dry. After the eye moisturer, it settled down. It made my whole eye area look brighter and bleached my hyper pigmentation. Perhaps I should have dilluted the lemon juice with water. Still the eyes have come up well. To conceal my red eye area, I used this little gem. I could not see any redness at all.

Usually, I have purple blue, red circles and large bags under the inner eyes area. I thought to use it has a base which is fantastic. It can be worn on its own. It adds freshness to the eye and used a foundation, then the eye shadow. I used a very little on the required area and left for about 2 mins. I tried it under the eye area. It worked very well as a primer and a concealer. I was amazed. This is my go to item, which is cheap and works very well. My eye shadow is vibrant and has not moved all day. This is my favourite NYX. This product is well worth a try. I got this for less than $10.00. The packaging is quick and convenient.