Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

4.6

on 10/18/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Definitely would re- purchase. I use this at nights sometimes mixed with my face moisturizer as my night treatment. I also make a hot oil treatment with it, coconut oil and Jamaican castor oil for my tresses. It's an amazing light oil to use all around. The closets to our skin and hairs natural sebum. Great to reinforce!

on 8/14/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I heard it was good for your hair, but it just sat for a long time and I never really used it. A couple months ago, I started using it to remove my eye makeup and it works out pretty well. But just recently, my hair has gotten really coarse, especially the ends of my hair. So I started using a deep conditioner on the ends of my hair after my regular conditioner, and this Jojoba oil after my shower. I apply it to my towel dried hair, on the ends and work it through. At first, there wasn't much of a difference but it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm started to see more of a result. Now, the ends of my hair are a lot less coarse. They still don't feel "great", but this has made a difference for sure. I will continue using this and hope that my hair feels better and better.

on 7/23/2013 2:04:00 PM

Ok so I just started using this product yesterday. After exfoliating and cleansing my face I applied a few drops to the tips of my fingers, rubbed them together to spread it a bit, and patted the oil onto my face. It wasn't greasy at all. My skin absorbed it immediately. So far so good I woke up with super soft skin. I will update in a few weeks to notify any of any changes.

on 7/15/2013 9:59:00 PM

cant use it on my face because jojoba oil breaks me out but i love love love it as an eye makeup remover. i apply this smear it around and remove with a sensitive unscented baby wipe. love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Miracle product that is so affordable! Everyone woman should own this!

what i like about jojoba oil
very gentle on skin
can be used as a moisturizer
can be used a makeup remover
refines pores
keeps skin hydrated
adds a vibrant glow and shine to skin
mild smell
inexpensive
has improved my acne and redness in skin
oh and did i mention it was inexpensive???

i love using this after giving myself a facial. It rehydrates my skin and gives back added moisture. Makes my skin smooth and vibrant!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Great for removing makeup and leaves my skin glowing! I think it will be too heavy for me to use on my face in the summer, but I loved it in the winter for my combination skin. A little goes a long way and it manages to break down and remove my makeup including eye makeup without bothering my sensitive eyes or clogging my pores. Makeup remover wipes are more convenient, but I recommend Jojoba oil with flat cotton pads instead.

on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 AM

I love using this as a moisturizer for my horribly oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out, or leave a film on my skin like most moisturizers do. After I wash my face, I quickly pat my face dry and then massage a 2-3 drops onto damp skin. A few minutes later my skin is smooth and supple, but not greasy. I sometimes a few drops before cleansing to break up any heavy foundation on my face. It removes my eyeliner like a dream too! Overall, I'm in love!

I'm know jojoba isn't for everyone, but I think most of the bad reviews used too much of the oil. The trick is to use as little as possible. When I initially tried jojoba oil, it worked for a week, but then my pores started clogging like crazy. I stopped using it, but decided to try again when one reviewer said the oil clogged her pores until she realized she was using too much, and the same was true with me. Less is more. I got a cheap travel-sized spray bottle make it easier to apply.

on 2/28/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This jojoba oil is really good. I always use it as a dual-purpose cleanser and moisturizer at night to remove makeup. Nothing I have ever used removes makeup quite so well. Jojoba is a very safe product, even for those with oily/acne-prone skin. It has actually been quite beneficial for me, as it has made my skin less blemished now that I don't use any other sort of cleanser or moisurizer. If you have acne(especially moderate to severe), give this a shot, and I bet you will be happy you did so.

on 1/23/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this oil alone for OCM (oil cleansing method) and it works great at removing makeup plus light moisturizing. My OCM technique is to apply a quarter-sized amount of jojoba to my dry face, gently massaging with a circular motion. After 20-30 seconds, I steam my face with a warm clean microfiber towel (just wring it in hot tap water) and keep it on for 10 seconds, later using it to gently wipe away the dirt that the oil brings out my pores. I repeat this step once and then splash cold water on my face.

This oil extracts junk gently from my clogged skin and removes makeup completely. It also works as a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer (3-4 drops). No discernible smell or side-effects. I use OCM on my face once every other day, alternating with an oatmeal scrub and yogurt mask.