July 31, 2014 | 2120 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing conditioner. It's REALLY thick--a little goes a loooong way, believe me--and it's silicone free and CG friendly. For $10 this is a HG product. Not my favorite for daily use because it's so heavy, but if your hair is dry and/or you're starting a CG or silicone-free regimen, this is one of those rare products that doesn't cost an arm and a leg AND delivers results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great conditioner, it actually penetrates hair and hydrates it from the inside, it doesn't just leave a greasy film on hair. It also doesn't weigh hair down or cause buildup. My hair feels softer, smoother and bouncier after using this (along with the coordinating shampoo). I do use a shampoo with more sulfates on my scalp, since the top of my head is oily, while the middle and ends have suffered breakage, processing and bleaching. I never used to have damaged hair, so I had no idea what products to use. I've tried a number of products and I was pleasantly surprised by how effective Shea Moisture products are. In my experience, most conditioners and conditioning products either just have a lot of silicones and they leave a shiny film on hair, but don't actually hydrate the hair, or they are heavy mayonnaise type conditioners that just make your hair flat, lifeless and greasy. This conditioner actually hydrates and conditions hair without any film, residue or lifeless flat feeling. This product is on the pricier side for a drugstore product, but well worth it. The smell is also incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by iamsuperzero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff saved my life. I've been relaxing my hair for six years now and I'm currently transitioning. I usually use it as a rinse out but my hair is really thick so it doesn't work well. As a leave in, LESS IS MORE. Focus on the ends, this stuff will work wonders. It does a lot to make my new growth soft and manageable. The only con is the price, of course. But Shea Moisture's got themselves a loyal customer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3/c biracial transitioning hair, I love love love this product! it has a very nice consistency, not too thick/sticky/greasy, it's very easy to spread in your hair! I haven't used it as a condition though, i use it as a leave-in! left my hair shiny and soft, it didn't make my hair sticky or clumped up n hard like the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. not too keen on the scent, it reminds me of the scent of cheap hotel hand lotion... but it isn't thaaat bad! i also reccomend the shampoo used in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow - I really like this stuff. I bought the raw shea butter hair masque (comes in a jar) more than 2 years ago and I am finally running out (I used it mainly as a leave-in treatment). So I am inclined to compare this conditioner with the masque. I honestly love the conditioner more. The scent is not nearly as strong and it has a better feeling when you rub it in your palms. The masque is heavily scented and leaves a thick, white coating on your hands, while the conditioner feels like it will better absorb into my hair. It also works wonderfully as a leave-in. Makes my hair super soft and shiny. To me, there are two types of shiny: that deep shine that seems to come from within and makes your hair color stand out, and the other one is surface shiny which reflects light. This conditioner provides the former; that deep shine which indicates healthy hair.

Update: This bottle lasted me a solid six months. I use ~5 pumps in the shower every 2-3 days and if my hair is feeling dry I use an extra half pump as a leave-in. My only complaint is that the last few uses are hard to get out of the bottle. I have already re-purchased this! Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not hydrating enough for my hair, which sucks because I had such high hopes for this and it has really great ingredients. Unfortunately, when my hair dried it was very frizzy and rough, ans the ends were puffed out. It works well as an overnight leave in, giving my hair shine without making it oily. Since I spent ten bucks on this, I'll be using it that way so it doesn't go to waste. Still, a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jstrazishar

I had been using the Curly Girl Method since May. I was using Alberto V05 as a co-wash and Tresemme Naturals as my rinse out. My results were okay, but my hair still felt a bit dry/frizzy. One day I used the Tresemme as a leave in and my hair turned out SO dry I had to condition all over again. I needed to switch ASAP.

I read rave reviews here on MUA about Shea Moisture's Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner. So I headed to Walgreen's to get it. It was meant to be: they had the bottles buy one get one free so I grabbed all 3 bottles off the shelf...and boy am I glad I did!

This stuff has been a MIRACLE for my hair. Normally my hair frizzes up like crazy in humidity during the summer months, so I compensate by using a ton of gel to keep it at bay, which ends up making my hair look greasy and my curls fall flat. This conditioner moisturizes my hair so well, that I use a lot less gel, and my curls turn out light, bouncy, and shiny. NO FRIZZ! NO DRYNESS! Just beautifully defined curls.

I feel it important to reiterate the fact that I am using the Curly Girl Method. I run an Alberto V05 through the length of my hair and rub it pretty vigorously into my scalp, then rinse. Then I apply the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Conditioner to my hair and comb my hair out with a shower comb. I leave the conditioner on for the duration of my shower. When I rinse at the end, I rinse it out about halfway. It seems like that leaves a lot of product in your hair, but once I squeeze the excess water out, it's the perfect amount as a leave in and it's already distributed very well. Then I use the Turbie Twist to dry my hair--terry cloth towels are a big no-no, and I don't heat style my hair at all. I then apply Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel in my hair--run it through with my fingers, focusing on the middle to ends, and scrunch a little. Then I air dry and my hair comes out amazingly, I might dare to say nearly perfect.

For those who are bothered by strong scent, the scent is very light and pleasant. For those with sensitive skin, I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused me any problems so far. Lastly, $10 may seem pretty steep for 13 oz, but it is so thick, the bottle lasts forever. I have been using it for exactly a month now, and I still have about half a bottle left (I co-wash/condition about 3-4 times a week).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by chelley33

honestly, i really wanted to give this product a good review but i just cant. I had high hopes for this product given it was organic and smelt great, however i must say it did nothing for my hair. I have thick, wavy/curly hair thats very long (down to my lower back) and i was looking for something that could give my hair that extra moisture and it was less moisturizing than regular conditioner. I must say the best hair products moisture wise and for an affordable price would be any conditioner by herbal essences, as well as hydration mist spray by organix. does wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kstoopid

Smells fresh and clean. I use as a wash out and leave in conditioner on my ends. Hair is soooooooooooooooo shiny, soft and manageble. I am caucasion with fine long blond highlighted hair. This whole brand is amazing! Also love that it does not contain silicones in their products. My hair does not react well to silicones. I prefer natural products, even love that it is naturally fragranced. Can't beat the price either!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my HG leave-in conditioner! I used to use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, but when I ran out of that I decided to try this because I love this whole product line. One pump worked through my hair is enough for my medium textured, wavy, above the shoulder hair. It is not all that heavy considering the ingredients (lots of shea butter and coconut oil) so it doesn't make my hair feel weighed-down or greasy. But it does make my hair look better and feel softer. I love using this as a nourishing base before adding my styling products. As a bonus, this smells absolutely divine! Like an expensive (slighly hippie inspired) perfume. The scent doesn't last long, though, so if you don't care for it, it'll be gone quickly. The overall condition of my hair has improved since I started using this (about 6 weeks now)- it just seems shinier and healthier. I love that it's all natural and supports free trade ingredients. I am coming to the conclusion that my hair and skin just adore shea butter because everything I pick up from this line ends up being well loved by me.