November 26, 2014 | 1743 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is fast on it's way to HG status. My husband even uses it for a styling product. It disappears in the hair so it's great for a leave-in as well. The smell is amazing, and the ingredients are so natural you could probably eat it. Don't though. :) It's also vegan and not tested on animals. I love this product and this company.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You are silly not to buy this!!

My hair story:
I used to have incredibly strong healthy hair until a hairdresser ruined it with razoring for "texture" after I had just bleached my hair twice. (she didn't tell me she was going to do this after cutting with scissors). It had been over a year trying to heal it, and my hair was still not back to normal, I was considering chopping it all off and was really serious about cutting it off. I recently found some good protein products by One N Only, but my hair became frizzy again after the "protein overload." (I like to wash my hair close to everyday.)

Fast forward to buying this stuff and it seriously changed my hair. The first time I used it I left it in overnight, and noticed it even moisturized my hands which became sooo silky! It instantly transformed my hair...infact I seriously LOVE my hair now...like have my dream hair. Takes out ALL of the frizz, so usually no need to straighten anymore for me.

Infact, this stuff is so nice, after I'm done working it into my hair I rub the rest on my face while in the shower to treat my face. (The steam will work it into your skin, just like with a hair mask). It's nice that I don't have to worry about the chemicals getting onto my face as with other conditioners since this is all natural. I've also noticed less fall out, which I never knew was from using harsh/bad products, I just thought that was normal. Only 2 strands came out last time I showered with this...what??!

All hair types need this shampoo. Even if your hair is healthy, switch to this because the ingredients are healthier and washing this out from your hair will even moisturize your body. Who doesn't want that?

Ingredients: DNA. Seriously, there is something magical in this that they aren't telling us about. OH another great thing about this and the shampoo is there is NO PROTEIN in it. Just moisture. Using too much protein can cause your hair to break off and frizz for some people (like me). The coconut is not a protein treatment for those who are wondering (i looked it up). I am also using "As I Am Coconut Cowash" as my shampoo right now, and haven't tried the Shea shampoo yet. This stuff is also incred. I guess I have a knack for finding products. My hair isn't curly either, but it still works perfect on me especially with SheaM Conditioner, but I imagine both of these together would be a curly girls dream!

My only issues would be that it takes forever to pump out but it's ok because it's due to the wonderful thick/richness of the shea.

If you are looking into spending more on something more high-end, like I was considering at first, there is no need. At $11 you will have gorgeous, manageable!!, and healthy, stylable hair. So good I am going to force my mother and my sister and bestie to try Shea Moisture.

How did I live without this??

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Piish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I enjoy using it at a leave in along with another product because it gives good definition to my curls. Its great as a deep conditioner which I do frequently.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz

I was so excited to try this conditioner based on the raves. My hair is level 9 dyed blonde and this made my hair look like straw!! Not even FF Glossing Crème could bring my hair back to life! Tossed this quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by willowgirl18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will rave about this conditioner until the day I die! I use the shampoo of this line as well, the moisture retention one and together they are an awesome pair! I only use natural products on my hair and I insist on no fillers or anything chemical laden, and this conditioner has none! Only all natural ingredients.

This product is very very thick. I only need 2-3 pumps for the length of my hair (from the nape down to the middle of my back). It's very creamy and lightly scented; it really just smells natural, I don't know how else to describe it; there's no perfumey scent. I rinse it out with cool to lukewarm water, NEVER hot, and it seals my hair with moisture. Frizz isn't a huge issue with my hair, but even if it was this product would take care of it with it's naturally moisturizing ingredients. I've been using this for about four months now and my hair is soooo healthy, like healthy from within. I have very few split ends and my ends are no longer dry. As a leave in conditioner this works really really well too; it moisturizes and adds shine. My hair would be described as corn silk blond and it tended to get dry and damaged on the ends even without using any heat on it. This product, and a few good trims keeps my hair commercial ready. If I was prettier I so could be a hair model, that's how drastically this product has changed my hair!

I've barely reached the top of the label after four months of use so this product will definitely last me a very long time! When paired with organic coconut oil and olive oil this makes an awesome nourishing hair mask! Overall, this product gets 5 lippies and it is the only conditioner and leave in that I will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing conditioner. It's REALLY thick--a little goes a loooong way, believe me--and it's silicone free and CG friendly. For $10 this is a HG product. Not my favorite for daily use because it's so heavy, but if your hair is dry and/or you're starting a CG or silicone-free regimen, this is one of those rare products that doesn't cost an arm and a leg AND delivers results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great conditioner, it actually penetrates hair and hydrates it from the inside, it doesn't just leave a greasy film on hair. It also doesn't weigh hair down or cause buildup. My hair feels softer, smoother and bouncier after using this (along with the coordinating shampoo). I do use a shampoo with more sulfates on my scalp, since the top of my head is oily, while the middle and ends have suffered breakage, processing and bleaching. I never used to have damaged hair, so I had no idea what products to use. I've tried a number of products and I was pleasantly surprised by how effective Shea Moisture products are. In my experience, most conditioners and conditioning products either just have a lot of silicones and they leave a shiny film on hair, but don't actually hydrate the hair, or they are heavy mayonnaise type conditioners that just make your hair flat, lifeless and greasy. This conditioner actually hydrates and conditions hair without any film, residue or lifeless flat feeling. This product is on the pricier side for a drugstore product, but well worth it. The smell is also incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by iamsuperzero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff saved my life. I've been relaxing my hair for six years now and I'm currently transitioning. I usually use it as a rinse out but my hair is really thick so it doesn't work well. As a leave in, LESS IS MORE. Focus on the ends, this stuff will work wonders. It does a lot to make my new growth soft and manageable. The only con is the price, of course. But Shea Moisture's got themselves a loyal customer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3/c biracial transitioning hair, I love love love this product! it has a very nice consistency, not too thick/sticky/greasy, it's very easy to spread in your hair! I haven't used it as a condition though, i use it as a leave-in! left my hair shiny and soft, it didn't make my hair sticky or clumped up n hard like the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. not too keen on the scent, it reminds me of the scent of cheap hotel hand lotion... but it isn't thaaat bad! i also reccomend the shampoo used in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow - I really like this stuff. I bought the raw shea butter hair masque (comes in a jar) more than 2 years ago and I am finally running out (I used it mainly as a leave-in treatment). So I am inclined to compare this conditioner with the masque. I honestly love the conditioner more. The scent is not nearly as strong and it has a better feeling when you rub it in your palms. The masque is heavily scented and leaves a thick, white coating on your hands, while the conditioner feels like it will better absorb into my hair. It also works wonderfully as a leave-in. Makes my hair super soft and shiny. To me, there are two types of shiny: that deep shine that seems to come from within and makes your hair color stand out, and the other one is surface shiny which reflects light. This conditioner provides the former; that deep shine which indicates healthy hair.

Update: This bottle lasted me a solid six months. I use ~5 pumps in the shower every 2-3 days and if my hair is feeling dry I use an extra half pump as a leave-in. My only complaint is that the last few uses are hard to get out of the bottle. I have already re-purchased this! Love it.