Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/1/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually love this lip balm , although it only gives your lips a tiny bit of color. I already searched for pictures of how the product looked on your lips before actually buying it, so I knew what to expect.

I'm pretty much addicted to lip balms, and this is one of or maybe even the best lip balm I ever tried. I love the fact that's natural and it feels really nice on your lips.

The only downfall is the price and the packaging. I think it's quite expensive for a lip balm, although it is a really good one. Also I don't really get why it has to have double packaging, since just the plastic stick alone is already good enough. It looks cute, but I don't think it really adds to the product lol.

0:)

on 1/14/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I saw the ad in Allure and got sucked in. Grrrrr! The packaging seems needlessly wasteful to me. This lip balm felt nice in my lips but the tint is..........nonexistent. I'm so mad that I wasted my money on this. If you want a nice lip balm, get one from Fresh. If you want some sheer color, forget this because it goes on clear! Very disappointed, cannot recommend.

on 12/3/2013 9:56:00 PM

I love this tinted lip balm! Red Dahlia is the perfect subtle red to brighten up my daily makeup routine. Don't expect a lipstick effect, this goes on really sheer, but it has a really nice texture and offers a hint of color. I've always worn lip balm because I don't like feel of lipstick, but I think this product offers a great compromise. An easy way to brighten up my face on the days that I don't wear makeup, or the perfect subtle complement to bold eye makeup for a night out. I plan on purchasing more shades.

My only complaint is the extremely deceptive and wasteful packaging! The packaging makes it look like the product is bigger than it really is, but it is the same size as a standard tube of chap stick.

on 11/4/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is by far the best tinted lip balm I've ever used! It goes on very sheer, but it's enough to add some noticeable color to my lips. It's also moisturizing, which is VERY important to me. My lips tend to dry out very easily, and this helps prevent and counteract that. I will be buying more of these. My only complaint is that the packaging can be a bit boring. But the actual product is wonderful.

on 10/13/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I keep this on my desk. It's a subtle, sheer red I can put on without a mirror. It's not a dramatic lip balm- a reddish YLBB for me, and my lips aren't richly pigmented.

on 9/2/2013 3:19:00 PM

I like this lip balm. its got a hint of color, and it makes my lips sooo soft, shiny and sheer.
I got it from my stepmother, so dont know the price or anything.
I've got it in the color rose, and its adorable.

It smells kinda wierd though... I dont know, but if you put it up to your nose, it has a hint of 'fakeness' but i dont know... i just doesnt smell that good.
But on the lips its fine, and it has a really nice gloss.

But i can definitly live without it, so i wouldnt buy it Again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really really love this lip balm, especially this shade. My other favorite shade is Rose. I've tried the EOS lip balms and Baby Lips but I still prefer this one 'cause it lasts longer for me. It gives just a tiny hint of color which is perfect for school and looks very natural. Also, as you reapply in the day the color gets a little bit more noticeable but still natural looking. It doesn't have a strong scent and it has no taste. When the lip balm fades off my lips still don't feel dry but I like to reapply anyway. The packaging looks like any average lip balm which I think is good for looking inconspicuous when applying in public. The only problem I have with it is that it costs $7 and that's a lot for a lip balm >.> But I love it so I'd still buy it again even if it's expensive lol

on 8/24/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this today, and I am disappointed with it. For one, the packaging is ridiculous. All that cardboard for just a little tube of lip gloss? It's so wasteful, and for an environmental conscious company, it's seems kind of weird they would package this product in this way.

My main disappointment is with the pigment. It is very sheer, that I cannot even see it on my lips! It just looks like a glossy version of my own lips. Maybe my lips are already pretty pigmented....so this might work on someone with lighter colored lips.I only bought this, because I heard this is a dupe for clinique's black honey...not true (at least for me).

Also, I paid a little over $6 for this, and I think that is way overpriced for what you get. I will stick with my beloved bonnie bell Dr pepper lipgloss (it has a great sheer color that shows up on my lips).

on 7/7/2013 5:54:00 PM

This was a really disappointing purchase. I've used Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm since seventh grade but never tried any of the other lip products. I wanted a flavored balm with a tint of sheer color, but it tasted really lipstick-y, and after licking my lips it left a very unpleasant taste and sensation in the back of my throat. The balm itself did have a decent consistency but too glossy for my preference, as I was looking for something less viscous and more satiny.The packaging is kind of deceptive, too, as it's just a regular size lip balm inside a much larger cardboard tube. The color seemed much richer and darker on the package, and didn't seem to deposit any color at all. The $7 price-tag just adds insult to injury. I will give the lip shimmers a try and hopefully have better luck.

Little to no moisture on my lips.. does add a nice sheer colour.. wouldn't purchase considering the price is $15 in Aus..

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products