April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by electrifiedRANDOM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this lip balm, especially this shade. My other favorite shade is Rose. I've tried the EOS lip balms and Baby Lips but I still prefer this one 'cause it lasts longer for me. It gives just a tiny hint of color which is perfect for school and looks very natural. Also, as you reapply in the day the color gets a little bit more noticeable but still natural looking. It doesn't have a strong scent and it has no taste. When the lip balm fades off my lips still don't feel dry but I like to reapply anyway. The packaging looks like any average lip balm which I think is good for looking inconspicuous when applying in public. The only problem I have with it is that it costs $7 and that's a lot for a lip balm >.> But I love it so I'd still buy it again even if it's expensive lol

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

I just bought this today, and I am disappointed with it. For one, the packaging is ridiculous. All that cardboard for just a little tube of lip gloss? It's so wasteful, and for an environmental conscious company, it's seems kind of weird they would package this product in this way.

My main disappointment is with the pigment. It is very sheer, that I cannot even see it on my lips! It just looks like a glossy version of my own lips. Maybe my lips are already pretty pigmented....so this might work on someone with lighter colored lips.I only bought this, because I heard this is a dupe for clinique's black honey...not true (at least for me).

Also, I paid a little over $6 for this, and I think that is way overpriced for what you get. I will stick with my beloved bonnie bell Dr pepper lipgloss (it has a great sheer color that shows up on my lips).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by delnada

This was a really disappointing purchase. I've used Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm since seventh grade but never tried any of the other lip products. I wanted a flavored balm with a tint of sheer color, but it tasted really lipstick-y, and after licking my lips it left a very unpleasant taste and sensation in the back of my throat. The balm itself did have a decent consistency but too glossy for my preference, as I was looking for something less viscous and more satiny.The packaging is kind of deceptive, too, as it's just a regular size lip balm inside a much larger cardboard tube. The color seemed much richer and darker on the package, and didn't seem to deposit any color at all. The $7 price-tag just adds insult to injury. I will give the lip shimmers a try and hopefully have better luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

Little to no moisture on my lips.. does add a nice sheer colour.. wouldn't purchase considering the price is $15 in Aus..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

This is a nice, light weight lip balm with a sheer hint of colour which should suit most skin tones. It is expensive for what it is but it is a quality product nonetheless. Feels moisturising but not heavy, which is what I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

I like the consistency of this lip balm much better than regular Burt's Bees lip balm. This product is actually moisturizing on me.

I am NW25 and have very pigmented lips. I thought this lip balm was going to be a lot more pigmented than it actually was on me. However it is good for if I want a little bit more coverage than a clear lip balm. I also really like using it for is a base layer under lipstick.

However, I do find it a little expensive for what it is. I was also really disappointed with the packaging. I purchased a cardboard tube. When I got home, I realized that the tube was all I purchased. There wasn't anything inside the tube. I returned it to the store and they replaced the tube with one that actually contained a lip balm inside. It really bothers that for the high cost of the product, it can't be packaged in a way that is a bit more tamper-proof.

I might repurchase. I'm undecided right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by alina08

For a tinted lip balm, this is on the pricier side. That being said, this happens to be a quality product. The balm is moisturizing and glides on smoothly. The pigment is moderate to sheer, not as dark as I originally believed it was going to be. You can apply it a couple times without looking cakey. Beware if your lips are really chapped though, you are going to need to apply a heavier lip balm first, then apply this one. This is not as moisturizing as the original Burt's Bees lip balms. The tube is very portable and does not uncap, which is a plus. Overall, this is a nice product which I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Although not as moisturizing as some, this does the job and the color is natural looking and not a blaring red like others. The looks of a lip balm container is not important to me as its usually in my purse. Use under my lipsticks to add a little more depth to the sheerer lipstick colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees lip balms but this failed to impress me. As a general lip balm, it's okay if you don't need something very moisturising, it's light and smells/tastes pleasant enough. I picked this shade because it was the darkest one but you can barely see it on my lips, except when I accidentaly over-apply and it goes out of the lipline. So for the extra money I don't think it's worth it. I also don't understand the excess packaging with that pointless cardboard tube and the plastic tube inside is so ugly. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. It's on the bold side as far as tinted lip balm goes but it's not overwhelming. Does get really flaky though, unfortunately. I'll probably buy it again.