October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2005 3:22:00 AM More reviews by pinguwork425

this product really works to mattify my skin as it controls the oil but only for a few hrs! after a few hrs the oil on my t-zone comes back n i have to blot it n reapply... it really does make ur pore look less noticeable becos it fills ur pores up with it.. so u must clean ur face like how u clean ur make up (best with cleansing oil then regular cleanser) or else ur pores r gonna look much more bigger than b4! the worst part of this product is that u can use it up real fast! (in just a month) so for 28$ CAD dat might be expensive for some ppl. i would not buy this again becos i dun wanna have stuff filling up my pores again n blockin the pores

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by mscolor

i like e pureness range from shishedo so i tot i'll get the matifying stick but it doesn work at all on my combination skin! even if i put 2 layers or more, it doesnt seem to make any significant change..u will also have to blend the whitish pdt if nt it'll seem weird..finishes up pretty fast too..disappointing =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This went right back to the store. It worked just fine AT FIRST: nice matte finish; pores diminished. But THEN, I developed acne everywhere that I had used this product!!! I very rarely get zits, so I knew this was to blame. The zits cleared up as soon as I stopped using it. I had really wanted to like this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This works very well for me. I use it on top of clinique's superbalanced foundation and it defenately makes my nose less shiny. it does an ok job minimizing the visibility of pores as well. but I don't have hellishly oily skin and I have the feeling that if my skin was just a tad bit oilier it wouldn't be doing a very good job. it's very expensive as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hoping to find a store where I could try both Shiseido and Cle de Peau to find out if it is really worth shelling out twice as much money for the CDP matifying stick. I was not able to find the ingredients for it online for comparison either. I bit the bullet and bought both MAC blot powder and Shiseido stick. I put on a mix of oil-control+Colorstay foundations and MAC blot at 5 am and by 9 I already had shiny nose. :-( Then I added some Shiseido stick on since reviewers have said it works better on oily skin on top of foundation than dry. It feels nice and creamy, I am worried it is a little too creamy for my super-oily skin.
Short of moving through life with Clean&Clear blotting papers permanently attached to my face, I guess this is best i can do...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ytwan

Left a whitish cast on my oily T zone, which I use this on. Skin was matte where I applied this, but its staying powers left much to be desired. My T zone was oily within 2 hours. Doesn't look good under foundation too, probably because it was a bit heavy and was not transparent enough. Love the packaging though, looks like an ultra cool lipsitck in a baby blue tube. Very expensive, considering the tube didn't even last me for 2 months. An unneccessary purchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by myfuel

This is a pretty good mattifier. It leaves your face feeling velvety matte, and doesn't leave a whitish caste if you use it lightly. The only downside for me is that it doesn't keep your face matte for very long, just an hour or two. Since I've discovered MAC Blot Powder, all other mattifiers just don't cut it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product to control minor breakouts and it does work well for me. The one thing I am not too happy about is that you have to rub it in or you will have white residue on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Great stuff! This really works for me. The best thing about it is the lipstick-like tough metal packaging. It means you can tote it round without damage, and it even fits into a jeans pocket if you're short of space. Very easy to apply too. You just twist up the stick and apply direct, or pick some upon your fingertips for more precise coverage. It feels ultra-greasy on application, but this soon evaporates (I think it's silicone) to leave a dry, matt base. I have a ghostly complexion, so it doesn't leave a white cast on me, but I can see it's opaque, so anyone with any color in their skin may have a problem. I use this as a carry-round for touch-ups rather than part of my morning routine, because I find, strangely, it works better over a little oil. And yes it is a little drying, but anyone with an oilslick of a nose like mine will hardly mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mimimakeup

I bought this product to help control nose shine and enlarged pores. The stick is easy to apply, but you do have to be careful not to over do it otherwise you can get a whitish cast. I tend to blend over with my fingertips and the end result looks fairly good. Pores are minimized and shine is controlled for a good part of the day, so no extra powder is needed on top. However, I did find that over a few days use, I had some dry patches forming and peeling on my nose (I also applied over my foundation during the later parts of the day).Therefore I do think you need to go sparingly with the product to avoid any dry patches occurring.