October 23, 2014 | 1828 users online

Moisturizers - Passion Fruit (Maracuja) Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I have used maracuja oil for 2 weeks now, I got mine from my natural bliss. I haven't tried any other maracuja oil.

I think this oil smells disgusting, I contacted them to see if I got a bad batch or something but all they said was they were sorry I didn't like the smell. The smell faded the next morning which was good, but the craziest part was the way my skin looked the very next day, plumped up and bright, I could even feel it on my pillow as I pressed my cheek against it, I thought wow this is amazing!!!

Well, those results were probably a fluke because after that day, my skin went back to its original state, dry, deflated and dull. And since I have been using it, I do see little tiny breakouts on my cheek every other day or so. I am not sure if this is for acne prone skin but a lot of people say its healed their acne.

Overall, I'm on the fence, I most likely will not repurchase this brand, but try maybe the Tarte brand, Oca-brazil and Providencia Beauty. I want those first day results back!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-very moisturizing
-antibacterial (minimizes blemishes)
-a little bit goes a long way
-can be used on skin and hair

Cons:
-hardly a con, but I believe the shelf-life is only around 6 months. Storing it in a dark, cool place (like your fridge) will help prevent the oil from going rancid. And buy small batches!

This is the only thing that truly moisturizes my skin, gets rid of dullness/flakiness, and just leaves my skin looking plump and radiant. I use it as a night time moisturizer and I wake up with awesome looking skin. I could see this working really well on mature skin. As amazing as this stuff is, I still think it's important to have a good cleansing regimen as well, or this might start to clog your pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I think everyone should at least try this oil. I am amazed at how much my skin loves it. It leaves my skin soft, supple & glowing. Skin tone seems more even and the appearance of wrinkles are diminished. My skin is naturally oily, but when I use this oil my skin is perfectly balanced. Weird huh? It also seems to heal pimples. Whenever I get one, I dab the oil on & the pimple stops growing and goes away. I wish I had found this 20 years ago. Even though it seems expensive, the oil goes a long, long way & the bottle should last months.

This, like anything else, won't work for everyone but it should be tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by nancycho2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely can't say enough about this oil! I tried mynaturalbliss, tarte, and FNWL and providenciacosmetics.com and they are all fabulous! But my favorite is the providencia maracuja oil because this is the only oil that gives me a sparkly glow. strange to explain but that's what I have been hearing from friends and family... my face has gotten this beautiful glow even without makeup. and makeup goes on beautifully. this oil has balanced my skin out so that I am not breaking out anymore and again, I can't say enough about the glow. My whole family including my husband uses this oil after seeing my results and they are all hooked! I am not sure if it's the maracuja oil by itself or the cleansing oil that I use, but together they make your skin glow glow glow!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

From the Garden of Wisdom website (which is where I purchased mine):
"Passion fruit seed oil is rich with vitamin A and potassium to help keep skin healthy. As well as being nourishing, passion fruit seed oil is antibacterial, so is good for use on acne prone skin. As an anti-inflammatory and naturally anti-itch, this oil will help to reduce swelling and irritation of the skin."

My skin is quite a challenge. I am acne/clog prone and also suffer from hypersensitivity and rosacea. My skin is combo-oily, but very easily dehydrated. I have a very hard time finding products that work for me as it seems to be that if it doesn't clog me up or cause break outs, it irritates my skin or vice versa.

I think I may have found a winner here with Passion Fruit aka Maracuja oil. I use this as a moisturizer. For cleansing, I stick with Mineral Oil due to the much lower cost. Passion Fruit Seed oil is both lightweight and moisturizing and has no smell that I can discern. I have seen a decrease in redness/itchiness and also no new breakouts or clogs (except one night where I decided to try Squalane oil instead - big mistake). Pre-existing zits go away faster and it appears to be helping to cut down on my oil production (going through fewer blot sheets). I use 2 drops on slightly damp skin and it sinks in very fast with no residue. I also use it under my eyes without issue.

For reference, Jojoba broke me out and I hated the texture, Apricot Kernel broke me out and did not sink in very well, Grapeseed was too drying and caused flaking, Squalane was too emollient/hydrating and broke me out. Avocado is okay but leaning towards the side of too emollient.

Am I saying this will work for you? Definitely not. Oils are one of the trickiest things to pick out when it comes to skincare. All I can say is that it works great for me and is absolutely worth a shot for anyone with similar issues. I will repurchase as long as it works for me. Last thing - do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on the Tarte Maracuja ($46 for 1.7 oz) when you can get 1 oz for $4.75 or 4 oz for $15.60 from Garden of Wisdom. They are the same thing and you will be supporting small business (I am not affiliated - I just hate to see people get ripped off). Then all you need is a pretty glass dropper bottle and off you go :)

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by fromouterspace

I have a question, why does everyone say that it takes only 2-3 drops in your hands to be 'more than enough for the entire face' ! ?

It takes me at least 3 times, taking 3 drops out of the dropper each time, (about 6 drops in all) for my face to feel moisturized evenly!

Does anyone else experience this with Tarte Maracuja oil?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cbergman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

What am I missing? Got a free sample from Sephora and its a nice light moisturizer, but the bottle dropper is a PITA and it doesnt smell great. The one thing I do like is how it absorbs, very smooth, not oily. Doesnt seem like a miracle to me yet....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by costrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Izadora's Brazilian Secret Maracuja oil for quite a few months on my face and neck & am very happy with the results. I have very sensitive skin that breaks out easily from different products. I have had success with this maracuja oil that I found online. It absorbs into my skin nicely & really hydrates without lots of residual oil. It works better than argan oil. I now have a clear complexion unless I eat chocolate and then I have a problem. There is new research on chocolate that shows it really does cause fairly significant acne. I know that now that I have found something that works on my skin that chocolate does cause problems. When I eat chocolate I have breakouts within a few days. If I stay away from chocolate of all kinds I have perfectly clear skin. The Izadora's Brazilian Secret maracuja oil really works but isn't a miracle oil so I still have to stay away from other things that cause breakouts. For those that are still having problems with the maracuja I would suggest cutting out chocolate totally for a month to see the results. Other things that can cause acne issues are: some B vitamins, products with ingredients that can cause acne. Once you get a regimen that works for you it is easy to figure out problem areas. I recently changed from my YSL Foundation that costs $95 bottle to the new Chanel Foundation that, believe it or not, costs about half of the YSL. I loved the way the Chanel looked but had a terrible break out. I stopped using it and my face cleared and then about a month later tried it again - because I hated to toss out almost $50 worth of product - and it caused problems so now I am back to my expensive YSL & the maracuja oil. Both last a long time so it's worth it to have clear, radiant skin - so won't complain.
Packaging on the maracuja is great. It comes in a nice glass pump style dispenser that works really well. Great bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I feel like this product is over-hyped, it just didn't work for me. I tried using it to calm my skin down during a break out (from over exfoliating), it made it worse. I was glad when my re-order of argan arrived & my skin could get back to normal. I'm just using this up on the rest of my body until it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I personally purchased the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil. I realize it is very expensive, but my reasoning for purchasing this product would take me on a tangent (which I'll explain at the end)................
I would have NEVER dreamed of putting a straight-up oil on my face, as I have oily and acne-prone skin. Ever since my dermatologist told me 10 years ago that I shouldn't use any products with oil in them, I have steared clear of oils! That being said, I did some research on this oil as a result of looking for anti-aging products that were suitable for all skin types, and I liked what I read. I went and got a nice-sized sample from Sephora. I've been using maracuja oil for about 3 weeks now; well, I use it once, maaaaybe twice during the week at night all over my face, and every other night on my under-eye area. I LOVE how my skin feels when I wake up in a morning after I cleanse my face. It's soft, smooth, and surprisingly not oily. It's a nice change from my semi-dry morning face from using lots of acne meds. This oil hasn't really broken me out, which is AWESOME! I have gotten a few tiiiiiny little white heads (in inconspicuous spots thankfully), but it's nothing terrible (trust me, I've had worse). My skin does look a little brighter too. I can't really account for how well it reduces wrinkles or fine lines because I only have a few around my eyes, which so far haven't really gotten better (but the skin where they are located is much softer than before). I have been overall pleased with the results, and so I bought a full-sized bottle. I am interested in seeing how well it works when applied to my hair. Oh! And the Tarte bottle comes with a dropper attached to the lid that has a plunge-dispenser perfect for getting one drop at a time. If you are intrigued by this oil, you should attempt to get a sample and try it out for yourself.
And now as promised, the tangent: I was going to buy passion fruit oil from an online retailer (can't remember the name), which would cost me about $15 for 1.7 oz. Well, I was recently a victim of credit card fraud, and I assumed it was from a recent purchase I had made on a website I hadn't purchased from before. So now I'm very wary of buying stuff online. I paid $37 for this at Ulta (with a coupon, woohoo!), and I don't mind the extra spenditure because I didn't risk being a victim twice. Plus, if I end up hating it, I can always return it! The end :)