October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel - Blue Lagoon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetlillies

I like the color but the application failed. Very runny and had some bubbles. It did take awhile for it to dry since it was very gooey and wet. It didn't last that long to chip maybe 3 days. Cheap price for the nail polish. Going to use this up as much as possible instead of throwing it away to get my money's worth.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Flippit

Man, I wish I had read the reviews here before buying this! But I saw it at the grocery store and got it on a whim. It has a consistency like white glue, the kind you used as a kid in school. It's goopy, sticky, thick but simultaneously streaky and doesn't cover well. The glitter doesn't show like it should. Instead, it looks like someone mixed sand in your polish so the finished nail looks gritty.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like these revlon polishes. The well type design is great because i roll my polishes and do no shake them before applying. The wand size and shape is great too. small enough to corner but not to thick or big that its not accurate.

The formula I will agree is thin and streaky. My trick is to apply over a thick white polish. i do this with many of the more lighter Revlon polishes.

The color is amazing. It just is.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by melissacorum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color. The shimmer does not come out on the nail at all. Horrible formula. Took 3 really thick coats, was streaky and nasty, and now looks like crap on. Beautiful color though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blue Lagoon is a lovely looking light blue polish that's truly perfect for spring (and winter, come to think of it). The formula is weird (is it a creme is it a shimmer is it a crimmer?!) and even though it's really thick, it took three coats to even out the formula. It also takes HOURS to dry. The color is something to look forward to, however. The light blue is frosty without being icy and it's got bits of silver and white shimmer that kick it up from boring in an attractively subtle way. Not gonna buy it again; my search for a pretty light blue continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to agree with the other reviewers here the formula of this is crap! Its streaky the consistency of the formula is thin but I find if you shake it several times its a lot thicker but still no matter how carefully you apply this its uneven bubbly and looks rough the color is beautiful its a very opaque blue with a hint of shimmer but I even have mixed feelings at times about how it looks on my hands.not to mention it takes years to dry. I find a hair dryer helps dry but you shouldint have to resort to such lengths to get it to dry even rimmel nail varnishes dry quicker than this and they half they price revlon needs to work on their formulas before putting it out to the public coz their formula is extremely poor.will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by malonb

wow, this has got to be one of the worst nail polishes i've ever used. 24 hours+ later and i'm still getting nicks and such....it's just amazing to me. i've never seen such poor quality not even from the $1 brands(like elf). i tried to make this work and have applied twice. the first time i did it how i always do and ended up with gritty streaky nails due to a watery formula that gets dry(glue-like) extremely fast so is leaving tracks before you're even finished with the nail you're working on. it a gritty texture(from the glitter which you can't even see not to mention bubbles). i thought it was my fault so i reapplied the day after. i was careful to do very thin coats and after 4 i still got streaks(as in, you can see nail underneath) and there is no way to get rid of the tracks it leaves. i thought i had 'saved' it with a top coat and it did even out the grittiness and added an awesome shine yet again, the nicks got me. i can still move the polish around on my nail as if it was still drying(24+ hrs after). this is the second polish from revlon that i ever tried and i'm not doing it again. the first was bad as well and they(nicely enough) sent me a $5 coupon so decided to try another but, now i know they're all around bad. the color was nice and all but not worth it. i'm returning this crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by alovelyblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As many of the other reviewers have mentioned, the color of this product is GORGEOUS in the bottle. I had been looking for a soft baby blue and when I found this in the store it seemed to fit the bill. I had the same issue a lot of the others here have had, it just doesn't go on evenly. It's not even all that terribly sheer...if it were just an issue of being too sheer I would find another use for it and buy a more opaque blue from another brand. The problem with this polish in particular is that it's just darn near impossible to get an even coat. It leaves brush strokes where some parts of the nail are nice and neat and some parts of the nail you can still see natural nail underneath. I used four coats and STILL got streaks and parts that just weren't as even as the rest of the nail. I will probably keep this one around for the kids, as I rarely return makeup, but it makes me a little leary to purchase any other colors of this sort from Revlon without checking out the reviews first. Not that it was terribly expensive, but I hate to just throw money away. I'd rather pay a little more for better quality than have a bunch of inexpensive polishes that don't do the job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

There's no doubt about it... the colour is a stunning baby blue! And with the fine shimmers mixed in, how could it NOT catch my attention? I scored it for $2 (CAD) at a Revlon blowout sale. It took 3 coats to get this to look the way I wanted it to. The formula is thick yet very streaky and difficult to work with. I'm usually pretty generous when it comes to rating and reviewing products, but I have to be honest... I will not be repurchasing. Too thick, too streaky, the fine shimmers actually end up making the polish appear GRITTY once dried. I'll wear this every once in awhile but I can't stand to have it on for long periods of time. It's pretty from a distance but up close - no thanks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought it was just me, but see from the other reviewers that they had difficulty getting it to apply evenly also. It's a beautiful color but is either streaky or seems to dry too fast as you're applying it, so one stroke doesn't blend in with the next... it looks like an amateurish polish job. I think it is actually the fine sparkles in the formula that are causing the blendability problems (the same sparkles that don't even show when it's on-- i guess they were put in to try to offset the matte finish). I got it free after rebate at Rite Aid so that's good at least.

***Update*** This stuff is truly horrible and unusable. Another aspect of the problem I don't think has been mentioned yet is that the sparkles in it actually give it an oily, separated look when it's on. I got it to paint smoother by shaking the bottle frequently and dipping the brush frequently, but even then, it still looked like crap and the blue which looked so good in the bottle had a muddy, oily appearance when actually on the nails.