April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Liquid - Stila - Perfect & Correct Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 57 year old skin in decent shape. I have an oily T Zone with some dry patches as well. So it's really hard to get a foundation that will hold up on my nose but not suck the moisture from the rest of my face.

My initial impressions of this foundation are very good. The consistency is mousse like and blends nicely with a beauty blender sponge. The coverage is light and basically diffuses any imperfections but won't really cover them up. The finish is nice but not better than most of the other foundations I've tried. However, the finish is probably one of the most natural I've ever used.

The color selection is limited and I have fair skin with pink undertones. The fair color in the Stila definitely leans toward the warm range. It's not so yellow that it looks bad on me but I would prefer a more true fair coloring.

My all time favorite foundation is Cle De Peau which does provide a flawless, beautiful finish that just feels good. It would be my holy grail if it just held up through the full work day.

So although this foundation is nice and I initially rated as a 4, I will update this review to 5 if it just holds up well through the work day or at least most of it.

Update: I'm liking this foundation even more. I think it may be the closest I'll ever get to holy grail. I have tried dozens of foundations and this is the only one that gives a truly natural looking finish that stays on the face all day and doesn't bring out dry patches. Seriously most foundations for me look nice but by mid day they are just gone from my T zone and the rest of my face is a dry patchy mess. With most other foundations this dryness happens on day one and gets worse as I use it more. When I get a foundation texture and color that I really love (like the Cle De Peau), I'll try all kinds of under prepping that might make the foundation hold up better but I find that usually doesn't work and its the actual foundation that sucks the moisture from my skin.

Did I have to do a quick blot and powder midday? Yes, but the foundation was still there in place on my nose and the best thing of all - no dry patches on the rest of my face! Very happy I found this foundation!

If you are

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOWZA! This stuff is amazing. Let me start off by saying that I was a loyal MMU user for 12 years. Sure I strayed and tried a tinted moisturizer in the summer, or a BB cream, but overall, I used MMU. Well as I've aged, I have realized that MMU settles into fine lines, makes me oily, couldn't find a good color match for my latest MMU and I had to use a crap load of concealer. I was very disappointed in the way I looked the other weekend in pictures.....it's almost like something changed over night. So I started to look into liquid foundations. I tried Shisiedo, MAC and Lancome in the last week. I was disappointed in all of them. I read reviews on this foundation and Cargo. I was determined to try one of these foundations. The SA swayed me and said that I should try Urban Decay Naked foundation (they ALWAYS do that and I ALWAYS end up disappointed). I literally almost got the SA's recommendation, but switched to the Stila at the last minute because I wanted to try it based off the reviews here and everywhere else.

The reviews were right, this stuff is AMAZING. I am so happy I went with it.
PROS:
-Lightweight foundation that is buildable. I was able to cover most of my imperfections and hardly had to use any concealer.
-I got the color Tone for my NC25-30 complexion. At first I wasn't sure about the color. Thought it was a little off, but once it adjusted to my skin it was perfect. Really nice.
-Easy to apply. I watched a SA on QVC put this one a model. She used her fingers in downward strokes. I applied the same way. Once it set, I took a little more with a stippling brush to go over any imperfections. I was worried too because usually products with primer seem to go on streaky....not this though!
-The look of this foundation is pure genius. It covers well without making you look made up or accentuating lines. The primer and moisturizing properties give this subtle glow, while the foundation keeps you more matte.
-No transfer (which my MMU did all the time).
-Staying power was great too. 8 hours for me
-My face seemed to look better as the day wore on
-Thus far no breakouts. In fact, I think it's helping my skin
-I did set the makeup with MAC Prep and Prime and added some NARS bronzer over my cheekbones to get the desired look.
-A pump is always great!

CONS:
-The one and only thing is that towards the end of the day it does become a little drying and some dry patches were evident, but not nearly as much as with the long lasting foundations I have tried over the last 2 weeks and certainly not enough for me to really think of it that much as a con.
-The price. Because I have to layer this on to get even, medium coverage, I have to use more of this product than most and therefore will have to repurchase more frequently. For the price, it's tough on my wallet. :/

All in all, I am very pleased. I was so hesitant to leave my MMU behind and so frustrated after many failed attempts at branching out and trying liquid foundations. I am SO happy I did because I found this gem! Love this stuff!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Mayahalo

I first bought this product and didn't think it was anything special. It ended up sitting in a draw for six months until I ran out of my regular foundation (Dior). Then the true wonders of this product hit me.
It has a gel texture - I wouldn't describe it as as liquid because it feels so cool and light on your skin. The coverage isn't great but it is build-able, and unless you have any major breakouts it leaves your skin flawless and without sign of makeup. Because it has a built in primer it lasts all day, even if I don't set it with powder and it keeps your skin moisturized. The bottle lasted me about 8 months and I have just repurchased!
I just hope and pray they don't discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by roxyylovee

As a person with dry skin, this stuff is awesome! Because it has a primer and moisturizer in the foundation, I skip these steps, and my skin still feels beautiful. It's not cakey, provides me with enough coverage to conceal my acne scars on my chin, and leaves me with a dewy finish. It's dry skin's perfect match. I also like that it sets quickly, I hate when foundations feel sticky. The only downside to this foundation is that it does have a limited hade range, does run a bit yellow, and it made my wallet cringe. I would most likely buy this again, although I would love if it was on sale! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by spindalicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought two bottles of Perfect and Correct and really like this foundation! The texture is nice and it works well as my everyday foundation. I'm prone to bumps in my t-zone but I've only had one or two bumps since switching over a month ago.

Pros: Light coverage -- medium and full coverage foundations leave me feeling like I've got a mask on. This feels like a heavier tinted moisturizer. I apply mine with a flat top kabuki and find between extra blending and topping it with ELF High Definition powder it looks even, lasts all day and isn't itchy. I don't mind that there's no SPF as I use a moisturizer with sunscreen.

Cons: Price -- this product is overpriced by about $10-15, IMO. Color -- the line is severely shade limited and runs yellow. I don't understand why Stila has nearly twice as many Stay All Day shades as P&C ones. They also run darker than you'd think judging by the shade names. Coverage -- Personally I like the light coverage of the product but definitely need to use a concealer for spots and brightener to cover up under eye circles. If I needed fuller coverage I don't think I would build it up because of the yellow cast.

I definitely plan on repurchasing this foundation *unless* I can't find it on sale at the time or don't happen to have a gift card to help bring the price point down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's just perfect and is marketed "HD"and it shows on the skin. This fdtn/primer is marketed light coverage, and it is, but if I use my Smashbox green primer and just one pump for the entire face it covers with so little product any imperfection. Although a primer is built in, you will get more from this by adding your own as I went from the sheer coverage to med coverage, without adding product or cakiness, by adding my own. Creases and wrinkles don't show at all, this has that difussed, perfection look. But all for not, as the colors are limited and they have left out some ranges all together. I am NW25, but if you are anything less than a NW (not NC) 30-35, or a Neutral you are out of luck. The one fair and one light colors are both quite warm, you have to be medimum neutral/warm to get a match, and that is a lot of people to leave out. Too bad, I assume it much cost a lot to add colors to a range and that is why in the end it seems I go back to Lancome.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by emmylai90

The coverage of this foundation is very light. I own different kinds of foundations ranging from sheer to full coverage. So on days when I don't have visible red marks and breakouts, I'll use this because it doesn't do anything to conceal them, even with concealer it doesn't really do a good job.

Overall, I use this on a daily basis and I find the consistency different from other foundations. It has a different formula and it makes my skin dewy and evens out my skin tone just nicely, and I'm referring to days when my skin looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Althomas15

Ok so just bought this product today.. I HAVE to tell someone about this so I'm writing this review. My first impression: this is the greatest foundation I have ever tried. It is a pricey foundation ($44 usd) but it is completely worth the amount I paid I promise! The tiniest complaint I have is that the color range isn't the greatest. I was matched with fair (the lightest shade) which I thought would be too light because I know paler people so if you're pasty pale this wouldn't be for you. I have pinkish undertones and this is a little yellow but it neutralizes my face and looks flawless. It is a perfect medium coverage I have pretty good skin so I dont need a full coverage but definitely seems buildable. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks and around my mouth and nose) it is perfect for me and I really think it would be perfect for all skin types!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by minnie1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Foundation for people with minor skin imperfections. It makes your skin look flawless. It covers the acne scars and discolouration. I always got compliments that my skin looked so good when I put it on. Also it doesn't cake or flake like other cheap foundations and really light on the skin. Not great for people who need heavy coverage. It's more natural and subtle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was convinced this foundation would not work on my oily skin. I finally broke down and bought it, because I love Stila. I have tried every foundation out there (no joke), and I can safely say this is the BEST foundation I've ever put on my face! I am amazed at how wonderful it is. It's perfect in every way, wouldn't change a thing. This gives a light to medium coverage, natural finish, and stays on all day. I do set this with powder, and I have no problems with this oxidizing or fading. It's pretty water resistant too! Do not let the initial liquidy/greasy feel to this fool you... once it dries, it sets to this beautiful natural finish, it is not greasy or oily at all. Stila's shades are very true to skin tone, they're not too yellow, orange, or pink... I always can find my perfect shade match. I'm usually a fair or light, but right now I'm using Tone because I'm "tan". I recommend this for ALL skin types, it's a beautiful foundation. Very happy and have no desire to try anything else!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No