Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

4.6

Petrolatum, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance.

Ran out of my coconut oil that I normally use to remove my makeup and mascara so I used Vaseline instead and it dissolved everything easily just like the coconut oil. I did this at night and washed my face in the morning with face wash and my face was soooo much softer!!!!

I picked up a tin of this in a British drugstore (white and tan lid) and it's become my favorite nighttime treatment for lips and nails in the winter. I slather a thick coat of it onto my cuticles and by morning, they are soothed and soft. Smells great too, sweet and a little bit decadent.

And dirt cheap! It was 2 for a 20 gram tin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Looooove this!! It keeps my lips looking and feeling super soft. I moisturize my hands and feet and then add some of this amazing stuff too..works like a charm at sealing in moisture..and at $3 you can't go wrong. Will definitely repurchase!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This version of Vaseline seems more moisturizing than the one without cocoa butter. I only use it on my lips but I love the cocoa (white chocolate) scent. The texture is different from regular Vaseline and seems "creamier." I like the flip-top lid, too. UPDATE: After further use, I do not think this is actually more effective than regular vaseline but I still love the scent.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this for my elbows, feet and of course my lips. I have the little baby tub which is so cute and looks just like the large jar.
I did buy the larger jar to refill my little one that I keep by my bed for nighttime.
Right now I am liking the baby scented one. Which is weird because I usually do not like it much but think it is nice and calming at night.

I like this one better than the original plain vaseline... Because this actually has cocoa butter in it, which is moisturizing. Also I find it to not be as thick and not only that it smells better! I LAAVV the smell of cocoa butter.

i had previously written a review of this a couple of years ago. i loved it then but thought that perhaps it was clogging the pores on my chin area. turns out that it was the dove soap i was using that was clogging my pores! i had quit everything except for the dove soap and still had then and finally stopped using it and no more clogged pores!

now i use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for my face and use this after. i take about a quarter sized glob of the Cetaphil and rub it all over my dry face and neck. then i remove it with a dry washcloth rubbing gently to exfoliate a bit. after that i wet the wash cloth and do it again. then i rub about a finger ends worth of the Vaseline with cocoa butter between my hands and pat it all over my face and neck. around my eyes especially responds to this as well as my neck.

i've tried to stop using it and go back to my cold creams and find to my amazement that the Vaseline feels much less sticky and hot in the humid weather! it seems to sink in better for me and if there is any extra after about a half hour, i just wipe it off gently with a tissue.

for anyone with aging picky skin i recommend both these products together. they seem to leave less residue than creams or lotions. and if needed for waterproof eye shadow you can massage in some of the Vaseline on your eyes first and then use the Cetaphil cleanser. works like a charm!

i love them both and have bought both several times and will again and i recommend them as well :) i've even got my mother using the duo!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Okay let me put it this way: this product works pretty well hydration your skin--or so I thought.
I bought a container of this and started using it a few days after I opened it on my lips. My lips seemed to be very moisturized. But for some reason I decided to do research on this product.
According to dermatologists, vaseline SEEMS to moisturize but really it clogs up your pores. And since it's waterproof, it is very had to remove.
I really had hoped I would like this product but from what I have heard, I don't think I will be repurchasing it :-(
**just google search "is vaseline bad" and you'll see the truth!!**

Nice scent and a fantastic moisturizer. Keep in mind it is very concentrated!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Vaseline petroleum jelly definitely has a place in skincare, but it was something that I purchased very rarely. For my dry skin issues I always purchased expensive Aquaphor. I still love Aquaphor and find it to be the superior moisturizer in terms of its long lasting quality, but I really like this cocoa butter Vaseline formula. It is way cheaper but I find that it does not last quite as long on the skin. I've not had any problems with breakouts.

Popular Other Products