TiGi Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo (Level 2)

4.1

Water (Aqua) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Fragrance , Glycol Distearate , Dimethiconol , Glycerin , Sodium Chloride , Carbomer , Limonene , TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Mica , Sodium Hydroxide , PPG 9 , Tetrasodium EDTA , Benzyl Benzoate , Citric Acid , DMDM Hydantoin , Geraniol , Linalool , Polyethylene , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Blue 1 (CI 42090) , Yellow 5 (CI 15985)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product started out great. Made my hair shiny, soft, manageable. A month into using it, my scalp started getting EXTREMELY sore, I had tons of split ends, my hair was staticky, and it lost volume. I eventually just had to toss it out. I looked at the ingredients and was stunned to see "Hydrogen Peroxide" listed!!!! That stuff can ERODE skin away and cause severe irritation/allergic reactions. Not to mention tons of other really nasty and toxic ingredients. A day after using it, my scalp stopped hurting and felt less inflamed. I would NOT recommend this product. I usually LOVE Bedhead's hair products, but this shampoo was a terrible, terrible disappointment.

on 10/6/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a present from my kind friend who knew I was abusing my hair a lot with bleaching and when I was dying my hair pink. The problem is this dries the heck out of my hair. I cant use it. I like John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color renew shampoo way more. Makes my hair softer unlike this. The smell is nice and fruity but most of the shampoos even in drugstores have a nice smell.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is ok for me, it rinses clean and leaves my hair shiny but doesn't do much for moisturizing. My search for a HG shampoo continues...keep in mind I have highlighted, frizzy, long curls and only shampoo once a week as to not strip my color. I enjoy the smell of TIGI products and love the packaging, very bright and bold, but not a repurchase for me cuz the bottle will last forever and there are better DS alternatives:/ although this shampoo is average, I absolutely love the conditioner!! I'd skip this if you have dry & processed hair but def check out the condish:)

on 7/14/2013 9:04:00 PM

I'm on the fence with this product. When I first used this product, it worked really well, it made my hair really soft. But after 2 weeks it started to make my hair frizzy and dry. And although it smelled really nice(sweet like candy, Starburst mixed with Skittles) it left it smelling funky the following day. This product also started to irritate my scalp which I did not like at all.

Pros: Leaves hair soft first uses, smells great
Cons: Made my hair frizzy, irritated scalp, leaves hair funky smelling if not washed everyday.

About my Hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, thinned out by salon, all over layers, scalp is easily irritated.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So i'd been looking for different shampoos over the internet to calm my frizzy/wavy/messy/damaged hair. I'd previously used Celsun Blue for a couple of months cause i had seb eczema for a while. But it's gone now:)

After looking for a while, i came upon the TIGI Bed Head line, and saw that the Urban Antidotes line was great for damaged hair. I decided to use Level 2 Recovery cause i have red peekaboos in my hair that had been bleached before it was died red. It was soft-bleached, so i thought Level 2 would be enough make these strands soft again. I also read the ingredients on the website, and it claimed to have some ingredients that calm frizz. And because it has no bad sulphates, i figured it would be good for my scalp too.

And it was for the first few washes. I washed my hair with it every other day for the first week w/ the conditioner and it gave my hair such an improvement. It made my hair calm and manageable while repairing the dead strands and split ends. It even smelled really good too, like berries. The bottle was really artsy, although the shampoo took a while to lather.

Buuuut after that week, it stopped working completely. My hair got puffier and with each wash, even after using Control Freak Serum! And the dead strands became drier as well. My hair basically went back to way it was before.

I don't recommend this for ANYONE, and i'm never buying it ever again. Guess i have to look for a new shampoo again..... :(

on 7/11/2013 9:46:00 PM

This stuff was at first my Holy Grail of shampoo! (emphasis on 'was'). For the first month, it worked, I was impressed with what it had done after the first use. My hair was manageable, shiny, and locked in the moisture whenever I treated it to heat. But gradually it dried out my extremely fine and color-treated hair after that month had elapsed. What was once excitement had quickly faded into pure disappointment in this product. Now whenever I use it, all it does is give a tangled and damaged frizz. Sadly, I had to toss this shampoo out because the results in the beginning were great, but in the long run just made my hair very coarse, like a stack of hay. Not wonderful for me at all, makes me sad that this shampoo didn't work out, especially a salon brand.

on 6/17/2013 11:33:00 PM

This shampoo & conditioner isn't terrible, but isn't "wow" either. This leaves too much build-up/ residue, leaves my normally shiny hair...looking dull, leaves hair fairly greasy, & tangles my hair. The price is amazing for both the shampoo & conditioner duo, but this is not good quality at all...even though this is sold in professional salons. I have drugstore shampoos & conditioners that work way better than this. I actually worked in a salon that sold this, (which is what made me buy it). I heard good things, I usually love Bed Head products, it was on sale + my associate discount...So I decided to buy it. This smells great & I love the pump bottles, & that is where the good qualities stop, for me at least. Even though this is fairly inexpensive, don't waste your money. I also have this in the green bottle version, & that one isn't too great either. Now, I'm stuck with these bottles & I'm trying to figure out what to do with them....I'll probably just end up giving them away. Just my experience with this.

on 6/10/2013 10:25:00 PM

I picked this up because of the good reviews, but it just didn't work out for me. I found that after washing with this and using the conditioner my hair was very tangled. I also broke out after starting to use the product. After styling my hair felt quite waxy. I am thinking that there are sulfates in this shampoo, which don't work with my curly/wavy fine hair. The only positive I can think of is the smell. Wish it would have worked out..... Back to my old shampoo...

on 6/6/2013 11:56:00 AM

I was really happy with the results on this shampoo & conditioner. It left my hair really soft and it smells fantastic, not only did it leave it soft and shiny but it helped with my split ends! <3 I had really horrible dead hair due to heating products and I always needed a serum for my hair but when I got this product I no longer needed serums and deep conditioners :) ! This product probably saved my life and I'm really happy with this product

on 5/23/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

May be too soon to tell, but this could HG shampoo and conditioner. I've only been using it for 2 weeks, so I am waiting before giving it 5 stars.

But, so far I am loving it! My hair is clean, but soft. Easy to comb out, and I already notice in improvement in hair loss/shedding. My hair was seriously a mess with fried ends. This has helped SO much in just two weeks use. I do use it with the matching conditioner, so that is likely helping just as much.

I think it is too expensive, but I will continue to pay that price as long as it continues to work!
I don't like the super sweet smell that comes with ALL Bedhead products, but this one is not overly obnoxious and does seem to fade a bit.
UPDATE: This was really hard on my hair after a while and left it in work condition that I began. I actually stopped using it with half a bottle left on both (they were really big bottles). I think the protein/restrengthening can really fry your hair.