MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

4.7

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a must-have, every day staple in my makeup kit, and also a product that I use on almost everyone as a freelance makeup artist. This is a highlighting pen and is not meant to be used solely as a concealer. I use this to highlight areas of my face (above eyebrows, sides of nose, and in the triangle underneath the eye). This is perfect for that highlighted, sculpted contour look that is big right now. You'll notice that this product does not have a shiny consistency when it dries. This becomes a matte finish, but still has luminous particles. This also does not crease or cake in fine lines the way most highlighting pens do. It's also very affordable at $25, especially when compared to similar products by other high-end lines that are closer to $40.

My favorite way to use this pen is to clean up around the eye, after doing a smoky eye or using a dark shadow in general, and really carve out a shadow shape. This has quickly become one of my HG products, and I like the clickable pen. Like any product that is packaged that way, it's going to take quite a few clicks to get the product from the barrel of the pen into the brush, so don't let that put you off, as I'd noticed a few other reviewers had mentioned that. The yellow shade in this pen is also amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is incredible!!!!!! I have tried numerous highlighters in the past but this one is the best it gives my porcelain fair skin a beautiful ethereal glow It doesint do much for dark circles but for covering blemishes and giving a radiant lit from within glow this is it.its not to sheer nor to runny the consistency is impeccable I love this please Mac don't ever discontinue this....

I have very yellow-toned skin, however this is still workable providing that you use your concealer or foundation atop of it. I don't ever use full-coverage products so this is not a problem for me.

I really loved what this product did to brighten my skin as a highlight, without the shimmer. However, it sadly broke me out. I tried this on and off for over a year and it definitely is this product.

Best highlighter and concealer for fair skin!

I didnt intentionally mean to buy this, it was on a whim kind of thing and I am so glad I did. The packaging is uber sleek, the tip applicator is lovely and soft then the twist mechanism that pumps up the product is super easy to use.

I absolutely adore the awakening look it gives on top of my Pro Longwear concealer in NW20 that hides my dark circles on NC25 skin (I use pink tones to neutralise the dark areas) or just alone with minimal makeup to freshen my face.

Cons would be you can't see how much product is left and the price is a little exy.. But I am happy to repurchase as it has became a must have over the YSL Touche Eclat.

All in all - Hands down, great job once again MAC!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this product for highlighting under the eye. It isn't as heavy as the concealer I previously used and it does a better job. Definitely will be purchasing again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first purchased this product I loved it. I thought it was a dream come true. But then a couple of weeks later I noticed that I had developed some dark sun spots int the exact areas where I was applying this product. So be careful and limit your sun exposure when wearing this product. I hate this dark spots on my face and I don't know what to do to make them go away. Skin bleaching? Chemical peal? I don't know what to do.

I have tried so many highlighter pens and this one is AMAZING! I will definitely consider this a staple. I love highlight (a-la-Kim-Kardashian) and this product delivers it! It lasts all day, and blends like a dream. Great with foundation or without.

I feel that there really isn't a tonne of product for the price however it is still worth it to me.

I just got this and I absolutely love it! I was told by the MAC artist to use it over my prolong wear. And in any other areas I want to highlight. And I took that advice. It works great on my oily skin, and doesn't crease. Love it!

I haven't had this long but have worn several times and the pink gives a beautiful brightening to my undereye...I apply this in natural outside light which is perfect to show how pretty this is....

Top Rated MAC Products