MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

I got mine from a Mac counter after trying many colors I went with this color. The color has minor problems it gets very dry and crusty on your lips but the color stays on it stains your lips but I do like how opaque the color is it last long but I find myself applying any EOS or lip gloss before the lipstick so I don't feel dried out during the day but it gives it a lipgloss feel and color to it rather then lipstick when doing that and I like a hydrating lipstick that won't look like lipgloss over very bold sand opaque and pretty

on 1/18/2015 11:51:00 PM

As much as I love the color and Mac products, this lipstick just applies so patchy.

Even after exfoliating intensively, and applying lip balm I can't get it to work.

on 1/16/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I actually use this lipstick as a stain. Using my finger I dab just enough on my lips so that bubblegum pink colour shows then I go over it with gloss. Gets lots of compliments and it's a very pretty daytime look. I have not yet used it as a "lipstick" on its own but will edit when I do ☺

on 12/3/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very fun color. It is a cool-toned, bubblegum/neon pink, and it definitely dries matte. This lipstick has great staying power, and looks nice on my light/cool skin. Great color for going out, I use it occasionally!

on 10/26/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

After months yes months of hearing every female in my circle rave about this I finally caved.It wasn't easy as I tried it out at Mac & also at home using my sister or friends. No matter what it just didn't wow me. I ended up buying Heroine which I love but makes my sister look ghastly.I looked at Pink Pigeon which is nice but I have an exact dupe Hot Spot by VS(swatched & compared on lips). I then looked at FOFab which was also similar to something I have & too Fuchsia based. So there I was back at Candy Yum Yum. I admit it is very drying even for a Matte as I wear Nars matte all the time w/ no dryness. It does go on patchy if you apply directly from the bullet.However if you apply with a lip brush its smooth sailing. Color is gorgeous & unique, once you figure out how to work it for your skin/undertones. I like it because its a true pink & doesn't pull another color on me. I have Yellow/Orange undertones so a lot of things like pinks/reds always pull orange on me. It also brightens your face and no you are not too old to wear this for my ladies over 30.

on 10/10/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Talk about awful lipsticks! Don't get me wrong, the shade is gorgeous and vibrant but the formula is just outright cheap. It applies like a dollar store lipstick; patchy, blotchy and low coverage. When I try to build it up, it just slides around everywhere and it's not even opaque. I know it's not the matte formula because my other matte lipsticks like lady danger, kinda sexy and please me work just fine. It's THIS lipstick and it's such a shame because it's a gorgeous colour. I'm definitely returning this for pink pigeon. If you have pigmented lips, skip this. So not worth it.

on 9/14/2014 10:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!! It looks so gorgeous on and instantly draws attention to your face. I love wearing it with white and it's the perfect pop of colour

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was afraid that it could look too light on me,as the snob from mac,(im used to red lipsticks),but i'm pale so it looks extremely pink! its awesome to give a pop of color to outfits and looked amazing on me,at beginning i thought it was too neon but now im so used to the color that im loving it,its already a basic pink for me! lol
Gets very matte so i recommend to exfoliate your lips first so it wont get too dry and flaky,and if you live in a hot place like me (northeast brazil),keep it on the fridge to a matte,more long lasting,texture.

on 8/2/2014 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Candy yum yum is sweeeeeet!!!

on 7/30/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick it's like neon pink!
I love that it works with soooo many skin tones and looks great on a lot of people.

It's a matte lipstick though it's quite creamy when you apply and it's super pigmented! It's lasts all day and it's amazing. No other lipstick can compare to this. I know some people like Schiap more than this shade but I find that ridiculous as this is more of a true neon pink while Schiap is more of a fuchsia and looks too berry looking and dull on me.

This has a nice blue undertone to it which works well with both lift and dark skin. It does look a little darker in person but blue toned lippies definitely look a lot brighter in photos which is nice. Don't get me wrong this is like super bright in person too but in photos it definitely stands out more and it's lovely.

Popular Lipsticks