July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, the reason I bought this is because it was on clearance for $0.99 at my drugstore. As a broke college student, $0.99 for a conditioner always sounds great to me. But to my surprise, it would be the worst conditioner I have ever used in my life. Now, I always check MUA before buying a product, but, because it was so cheap, I couldn't resist, given the low ratings. Little did I know, this conditioner would leave my hair so greasy, I felt the need to wash it right after blow drying it. The texture is like body lotion, as other reviews have pointed out. It doesn't really coat my hair, more like it feels like my hair is kind of drinking it up--which may sound like a great thing..but not really. After washing it off, my hair felt soft and it smelled very nice--like fresh synthetic apples (such an oxymoron..lol), therefore I give it a 2 star rating. But it left my hair in worst shape than not putting conditioner at all. I'm glad I didn't go clearance crazy, buying 5 of these. I think I'm just going to use it as my shaving cream from now on, so it doesn't go to waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stay away, ladies. I've never used a product that made my hair feel so heavy and down-trodden. My hair is thick, wavy, and prone to oil, and this shampoo/conditioner made it even oilier...I don't know, I've only used it four times, but once the bottle's done, I'm never repurchasing. Seriously, all day I feel like I haven't washed out my conditioner--THAT is how your hair feels. The only reason why this has three stars is because it makes my hair look reaaaally good in photographs and smells lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a year now and I have to say it's really great! I do use the matching shampoo and they work really good together. The conditioner has a light fruity smell to it... It works great if you leave it in for 3 minutes. It's not heavy, and doesn't leave my hair greasy unless I use too much and don't rinse it out properly. It leaves my hair soft and smooth, with a touch of shine. It keeps my thick golden brown hair in good shape. I do'nt know why there is so much bad reviews on it. Would I repurchase? Why wouldn't I? :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by beautifullydifferentface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this conditioner for a few weeks and have to say I LOVE it. I used to use the triple nutrition conditioner before they changed the formula (not curly girl friendly). This conditioner is not only very natural, but soaks into my hair and makes it less frizzy and more shiny. I use about 1/2 a gold ball size amount for my curly chin length hair. I also love the gel in this line. Not sure what all the negative reviews are about. If you have any questions feel free to ask:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The place I live at during my school year has incredibly hard water, which makes my hair get dirty sooner, dull, and tangle up. I bought this conditioner hoping that it would make a difference. Well, it didn't, but then I can't really blame it, because nothing else has worked either. This conditioner is light in weight, has a faint smell, and is environmentally-friendly. I'm sure it works fine like any other conditioner, it's just unable to counteract the hard water problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by theflock2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This left my hair tangled and dry. Tresemme naturals line works way better, that is what I use now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting much from this conditioner, just needed something simple to use so I picked this up on a whim. This has a very faint clean smell and rinses out nicely, makes my hair easy to comb after a shower. However, it can be easy to weigh hair down and make it feel a little dirty if you overuse accidentally. The product itself was okay enough to use but there are so many better conditioners out there that I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Left my hair in worse shape than before using it! My hair felt incredibly weighed down, greasy, and was a tangled mess!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was horrible the consistincy is weird and thin. it didn't even de tangle my hair I hate this stuff. the shAmpoo is fine. but this stuff is weird..ill stick to my pureology volume conditioner. expensive but the best I've found ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like a couple of other reviewers mentioned, this makes my hair smell like fish. I don't know why. It works okay on my hair but after using it twice I noticed the fishy smell. My cat noticed it too cause he came up behind me last night and began licking my hair! I asked my co-worker today to smell my hair to see if it smelled and she said she could not detect a fishy smell. But I smell it! And so does my cat and we're all that matters...ha...so I won't be buying this again. Now what to do with my giant, barely-used bottle? Grrr. The Pure Clean shampoo is nice, though I can't be certain it's not what's causing the foul odor so I will experiment and try one without the other and see from where the smell originates. I suspect it is the conditioner though...polymers and what-have-you.

UPDATE 11/12/12: I tried just using the shampoo and there was no bad smell! I knew the conditioner was the culprit!