Butter London No More Waity Katie

2.8

on 1/13/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

So the color looked very pretty on the outside but when i applied it on nail for the first coat it looked very sheer and color is uneven. Then when layered on more, it looks like a strange color purple that is more uneven. I would not buy again. I will be sticking to OPI. I feel like nail polish that claim to be higher end don't work as well as OPI or Essie.

on 1/11/2012 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was thrilled to see that The Bay in my area started selling Butter London. I decided to make the $17.00 splurge and buy my first bottle. The mixed reviews caused concern but I loved the idea of a greige polish with lavender glitter so I took a leap of faith. I'm glad that I did because I really love this polish. I didn't find it to be goopy at all. I had to get used to the smaller brush and not scrape off much polish before I applied it to my nail. It gave the coverage that I wanted in three coats (similar to one of my favs, Essie Chinchilly) and the glitter is more visible than I thought it would be. It looks great with a top coat. I look forward to buying more of these polishes!

on 12/26/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't actually buy this, I got it for Christmas. I really loved it in the bottle and I was extremely excited to use it. However, I was disappointed. The glitter is covered by the purple base so it's kind of strange looking. I feel like maybe if I layer one coat of this over a lilac colored polish it would look decent but I wouldn't buy this product.

on 12/22/2011 10:04:00 AM

Yuck. In general, I love Butter London products and the quality of the product. The polish looks gorgeous in the bottle with its cool lavender grey base and a glorious amount of silver glitter. Unfortunately, it does not translate well on to the nails at all. The base is jelly and very sheer and also really gloppy! I found it super hard to get an even coat that didn't goo up all over the edges of the nail. The glitter is also challengingly chunky and sticks to the edge of the nails. It's like having a sawtooth blade on the tips of the nails! Other reviewers also note that you need multiple coats to get a decent look, which is true at which point the color is deep, but hides the silver of the glitter and leaves just a bumpy finish. Beautiful color, bad execution!

on 12/7/2011 7:07:00 PM

I am on the fence with this one. The color is unique and interesting. It is a very wearable color without being boring. However, it is a lot of effort to put on. I did a base coat, three coats of polish and then two coats of top coat. After one coat of top coat it still looked a bit on the dull side. After all that effort, I am not really blown away. The look is nice but not nice enough for all that time and effort.

on 11/30/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Boring colour on it's own. Haven't tried layering it yet. The formula was quite good and the polish easy to apply. Did get my Katie from a reputable seller, but still find it boring and just blah!

on 11/19/2011 4:58:00 PM

Pros:
Fairly unique color and texture - lilac macro glitter encased in a mauvey-taupey purple. You need at LEAST 3 coats to achieve an even consistency and color on the nail howver.
Love the name although I suspect Kate Middleton wouldn't have liked this color much - so not her color.

Cons:
As it applies unevenly and the glitter is large you cannot use this layered over an other nail color base - it would just look weird.
This polish chips TERRIBLY which is surprising as glitter polishes tend to stick better to the nail and last a few more days over regular polishes. I had chips after one day, by day 3 I had to take it off and reapply as it looked terrible- and yes I used a good base and topcoat with it.

I wouldn't repurchase this. I was very disappointed about the staying power of the polish. When I compare it to another glitter polish (albeit a completely different color), Chanel's Graphite, Graphite would win hands down. I could say that even if Chanel's Graphite was twice the price it lasts 3 x longer on my nails.

on 11/10/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Interesting color. Lots of glitter think that is why it goes on kind of thick. I will say that it eventually chipped after 4 days but that isn't bad in my opinion. Pricey nail polish but a good splurge if you are so inclined.

on 11/10/2011 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Well I have to be honest, I love this colour yes it takes a good 3 coats to show through but its soooo pretty when it does. The glitter is sutble and the colour is grey ish mauve on me. No major hardship taking it off compared to some glitter it just takes a little bit more time.

on 10/17/2011 10:06:00 AM

Lovely color, unique among my polishes. My only complaint was the glue like consistency during application. I did end up thinning this out considerably and the consistency was still gloopy for lack of a better word. I do like Butter London and will continue to buy when they have a shade I enjoy but if this bottle were to fall off my counter and break I would not rebuy this or even try to save it.

Popular Polishes