Jordana Color Effects Powder Eyeshadow Duo

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/24/2012 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am really amazed at the quality of the Jordana brand seeing as how inexpensive their products are. First, I was bowled over by the Jordana Volumizing mascara, which has ended my search for the perfect mascara, and now this lovely eyeshadow comes along. I picked this up on a whim when I was buying another mascara for $1.99 for a duo. I'm not sure what shade I got because I pulled the plastic off the bottom but it is a duo with a light peachy shade and a deep, burgundy-bronze shade.

This eyeshadow is highly pigmented, applies smoothly, and lasts. It's actually nicer than the Maybelline that I usually use and have been using for years. It's shimmery, which is okay but I am going to go back to Walgreens and see if they carry any matte shades for daytime. The packaging is lovely, too, a nice little round canister that displays the colors and snaps tightly closed.

Jordana is a really nice, low cost drugstore alternative to expensive cosmetics. I can see this brand getting cult status. The only downside is that as far as I know, Walgreens is the only major retailer that carries this brand. Let's hope they never stop!

on 11/5/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These eyeshadows are a gem. I got one of them in a sample today called Double Impact. WOWZA, the pigmentation on them is crazy. A lot of cheaper eyeshadows take a little something extra to get the color to show up but without primer, applied dry, these are really vibrant. I was extremely impressed. So much so that I may have to just go buy one in every color. This is my new favorite cheap eyeshadow.

on 9/18/2011 6:25:00 PM

I got the duo in "Splitting Image" and it's a medium tan gold & plum-ish brown. Very pretty colors. These duos remind me of the L'Oreal HIP duos but at about half the price of $4.29 (at Walgreens).
Packaging feels sturdy, a little bulky but I don't mind it much.
I might buy a few more but in no rush.

on 8/3/2011 12:01:00 AM

Why dont these have more reviews? Everyone should be raving on this product. I have this in Smokey Browns. The pigmentation is phenominal. One swipe and color payoff is incredible. If you want to get one. definately check out the smokey brown one. Packaging looks expensive to me, though it was like a dollar. I really like it.

on 4/21/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in Twofold which is a purple and pink combo i have dark chocolate brown eyes and i love purple on my eyes well this combo is amazing i use it a lot because it brings out the brown in my eyes and for 2.99 thats so great Jordana has stepped up their game as these colors are very pigmented.

on 4/1/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have the duo called Good Match. Jordana describes the colors a matte light tan and matte neutral beige. I don't have a lot of matte colors so this duo is prefect. Staying power isn't great, but you must prep and prime for the best results. I love this duo as an every day eyeshadow look. Something I can swipe on for when i just go to the grocery store or school. The only problem is that I feel like they do crumble when i dip my eyeshadow brush, and the pigmentation is somewhat sheer, but the texture is soft and the price is right.