April 16, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color Eye Shadow smoky-i for browns

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by eyring

I am really in love with this trio. The lid color, a rich coppery brown, does enhance my brown eyes as it claims to do. It stays on all day. I'd rate it up there with department store shadows. I use it almost everyday without the contour, and for night as well...just applied with a heavier touch and using a brush for the dark crease color. This is one that baffles me with the mediocre ratings.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ashswonderland

I like these Smokey eye palettes. I have green eyes and have used the hazel,brown, and green and like all of them they don't give a dramatic Smokey eye but more of a subtle Smokey eye. I find these shadows are hard to pick up with a eyeahadow brush so I use the brush they give in the kit and it works pretty good. This is the shadow I use on days I don't feel like doing too much of a dramatic eye. I have and will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by prettybiqface

i hate i hate I HATE IT ! . well thee highlighterr i lovee but thee one for the lidsss you could not see it at all i wass so madd becausee i wanted that smokey look and it did not give me that at all :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, first let me warn those who have similar coloring (red hair, green eyes, pale complection that tends toward sallowness), this came off as full on purple for me.

I chose this pallette over the one for green eyes because that pallette had a pinky highlight color and the lid color was more of a burgundy/wine/berry tone. Those don't typically work for my warm coloring. Also, I was looking for a taupe (kind of taupe crazy lately, can't get enough of it) and a mid-toned brown, both of which SEEMED to be included in this palette.

But the crease shade (which I actually used on the lid) was pretty much straight up lavender, and the lid shade (which I actually used in the crease) was a smoky purple. The lavender shade was not becoming on me at all. It just made me look sort of ill. The smoky purple was very nice, but it was almost exactly the same shade as my Urban Decay Stray Dog. This is a good thing if you're looking for a dupe of Stray Dog, so you're welcome. But since I already have Stray Dog, it really was a waste of money for me.

That said, the quality of these shadows is very nice. They are well pigmented and blend beautifully. I needed only one dip of my brush to do each eye; not even a swipe really, just a tap. However, I was going for a more natural daytime look. For drama, you could easily build the intensity, so in that respect, the versatility is another redeeming quality for this product.

I really was suprised and disappointed that the colors applied so much differently than they appeared in the pallette. On me, they didn't complement each other very well and it turned out to be a very bland uninteresting look. I will be curious to see if anyone else has had this issue. Maybe it's just my coloring....hmmmm.....

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. Almay is a brand that traditionally just does not work for me. I picked up this palette because the colors were exactly what I was looking for, but jut could not seem to find. Here's the thing though, I was going for a natural eye, not a smokey eye effect. I'm fair skinned and cool toned and most summery, bronzy shadows are just too orange. This set is perfect. The color payoff is great and when worn over a good base, the color lasts all day. This completed my "everyday summer" look along with Benefit's Bella Bamba blush, Revlon's Demure lipstick and Peony Colorburst lipgloss and some brown liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kidsnp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for an eyeshadow to wear with a brown and bronze cocktail dress. I have purchased several expensive shadows from department stores and THIS is the best looking eye. The shadows go on smoothly, the package comes with "instructions" so anyone can follow this, and the shadows blend easily. The look is great on my dark brown eyes.It cost less than nine dollars so I would say that it is a deal. I am very pleased with this product. It is my first Almay purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I really liked this product for the colors. It does wonders for bringing out my brown eyes. I really like how the eye shadow has a shimmery look to and the price isn't too bad. I know at Walmart it is under $10 and at drugstores it's about $12 plus taxes. What I really love is the packaging. I like how the packaging is a picture of a persons eye and it shows you which color to put where so even people who don't really know what they are doing with their makeup can get the perfect look.

What I hate about the product... Even with primer, 4 hours after wearing the eye shadows they start to smudge into one another and get blotchy and don't hold their color very well. Your eyes will look perfect when you first apply but throughout the day you will look in the mirror and feel like you need to reapply to get the right look again which isn't something I want to be worrying about throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

This is not your traditional smoky-i look. It's a more like a soft, smoky eye look. If you are looking for a more traditional smoky eye look, try the Trio for Hazels which has charcoal, grey and silver shades. I liked this brown palette for a soft smoky eye look for brown eyes. The texture of the formula is very velvety and smooth. I don't have any complaints at the moment but will re post if I do. Just bought this at Target with a free eyeliner last week! Great deal!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Almay is a mediocre ds brand that has had some better options in the past, but they came out with this new trio and I was curious. This won't give you a dramatic smoky eye, just a wearable bronze daytime look. The shadows have decent pigment and all are shimmery, but lack a dark enough shade to do a true smoky eye. There's a nice dusty lavender shade in this trio, but it doesn't show up well.