July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Love this stuff, it's just a little too expensive in my opinion. smoothes out the skin and makes a big difference when used before moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AWESOME!
It didn't really brighten up my skin and I've used like 4 bottles of this. But it did benefit my skin is looking healthy and staying healthy. It gives me a glow and I can feel when I've stopped using it there's a difference. It can potentially help with spots because of the vitamin C but very minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by foxxe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great product. I've been using it for just under a month and it has really brightened and evened out my skin. The smell is amazing too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very fair, sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this because I wanted to use something under my moisturizer in the AM that would be good for my skin. I am currently using the regular strength acne system from Paula's Choice and although it's been keeping my skin clear, I noticed it was causing it to dry out a little as well. I really wasnt expecting much from this product, but I have to say that I really am blown away! My skin is brighter, more even toned and luminous. This does not make me break out and smells really good. I seriously cannot believe how great my skin looks after I started using this a few weeks ago. This also helps my makeup glid on, or at least for me it helped my foundation not looks so heavy and cakey. I am truley impressed with this product and would recomend it, especialy because my skin is such a pain and usally rebells against what I put on my face by doing the exact opposit then what the product claims it will do!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great serum. I read that the ingredients were good (thank you, MUA skincare board!) and tried it. Terrific! Sinks into damp skin, leaves me glowy. On humid days I don't use moisturiser, but it also works with moistruiser on top - and I feel cream better absorbs if this serum is applied first. If your skin looks dull and needs a pick-me-up, this might be one to try.
I tried various serums - by Lauder, Clarins and so on. But they broke me out and didn't do much in the long term.
This has antioxidants and doesn't irritate/ sting my skin when it's sore or peeling (i know, bleargh!) from drying pimple treatments. It's also one of the few tolerable treatments during PMS - when my skin is extra sensitive. No obvious perfume-y smell. Love the packaging and pump.
Yes, it costs a lot of money if you're not used to buying posh skincare, but it's less than high-end brands and, imo, more effective.
It makes my skin look better. I admit -- I'm starting to worry about skin 'radiance' (*groan* - sounds like marketing speak, right?) as I age. While it doesn't turn the clock back 10 years, it improves what I have.
This is nice little self-image and skin boost, at a price I'm willing to pay. Thank you MAC! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I had a discount card as this would've been really expensive!
I noticed a difference right away, my acne scars started fading and my skin tone looked more even. I was amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite serum! It's very light and absorbs very quickly. I can see the difference that it made on my skin immediately. My face is smoother and has an even tone. I'm on my second bottle, and will use this for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by XFOLI8R

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an antioxidant skin care product, rather than a foundation primer. I finally bought it and am not a bit sorry, despite the insane (to me) price, because it leaves my face feeling like silk. It's a clear-to-translucent-white serum that goes on wet and somewhat sticky, but I only need to use a dime-size puddle of it, and after absorbing it doesn't leave any white streaks, tackiness, or greasiness. (Obviously you can't put foundation on right after applying this -- it needs several minutes to sink in.) It has a slight fresh scent, it doesn't contain parabens or silicones or oils or irritating fragrances, the ascorbyl glucoside in it is apparently a more stable form of vitamin C than the L-ascorbic acid in some other serums, and the opaque black pump bottle should keep the active ingredients from spoiling. Most important, the texture of my skin is now the finest I've had in a few years -- this serum has smoothed and calmed my skin very noticeably, and gives no sign of causing or increasing any of the minor breakouts/bumpiness/roughness/redness I sometimes get. Overall this has improved the clarity of my complexion already. The one major drawback is the price. With that in mind, I'm only using it every other day, but it works well enough for me that the benefits are evident anyway. Excellent product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This product is awesome in the summer for a variety of uses, but as a real face primer, not really.

Usually I use a Silicone based primer, but in the summer it just looks bad on my skin. Some days I use this and put a tinted moisturizer over it, or just wear it alone. It really does brighten my skin, and its good to have in my makeup bag.

The price is just awful!! It is a quality purchase, but it hurts a bit when you go to re up on it. Especially when you think about how much product you actually get. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is what I was looking for and I finally find it!
This serum contains vitamin C wich is great to use during the day cause it has antioxidants that fight free radicals and helps skin looks healthy, young and nice, It makes my skin feels so soft and glowy.

Well its a PRE PRIMER, so if you want your fundation last all day you should use a primer after it. I have the perfect instant smooth of CLARINS.

The bottle where it comes is dark wich is great cause the serum doesnīt get oxidized.

Definitly i would repurchase it again.Itīs expensive but Itīs a great product!