MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum

4.4

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

on 4/24/2013 1:32:00 AM

This was perfect for my oily/combo, yet often parched skin. This is perfect for days where I need the hydration but my skin is too oily for moisturizer because it sinks in quickly and you don't feel it at all, except how soft your skin feels. It also works well under a moisturizer (I use it under MAC studio moisturefix).

Not sure if it really brightens skin, honestly, I think only time will heal acne scars, if at all , but its full of antioxidants.

I love using it as at night as well to help my skin bounce back from wearing foundation all day. Though it is expensive, I think the forumla is quite comparable to the serums in the Estee Lauder line.

on 3/18/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great Product!

I had a really bad acne breakout 3 weeks ago from using a primer. Cause alot of cysts and clogged pores on my forehead which left me with alot of acne scars.

The lady at the Mac Counter at The Bay recommended this product. After some research online i decided to buy it.

I've been using this product for about ten days and definitely notice a difference. I'm not sure if its also in combination of other products i use but i feel a difference when using this product. especially after putting it on

The scarring has reduced dramatically. Today is the first day i feel okay to go bare faced without any concealor or powder to work.

The ONLY con about this product it does tend to make my skin a bit oily. Especially in the T zone. I'm hoping in another couple of weeks i can just use this product at night instead of twice a day.

Will DEFINITELY buy this product again. Probably the most effective serum i have ever tried.

on 3/12/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up because I wanted a product that would help with uneven skin tone and some acne scars. This product has definitely helped my skin, it's much more clear and even now. Redness and blotchy dark spots are pretty much gone and it doesn't break me out at all. I was not expecting this much from this serum, I had never used a MAC skincare product before and honestly I am not a huge fan of their makeup (breaks me out like crazy) so I was very surprised at how well formulated this serum is. I apply it every night after washing my face. Saw results after a few weeks and have been using this for about 8 months total now. Would repurchase.

on 2/26/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff, it's just a little too expensive in my opinion. smoothes out the skin and makes a big difference when used before moisturizer.

on 11/21/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

AWESOME!
It didn't really brighten up my skin and I've used like 4 bottles of this. But it did benefit my skin is looking healthy and staying healthy. It gives me a glow and I can feel when I've stopped using it there's a difference. It can potentially help with spots because of the vitamin C but very minimum.

on 9/8/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really great product. I've been using it for just under a month and it has really brightened and evened out my skin. The smell is amazing too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very fair, sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this because I wanted to use something under my moisturizer in the AM that would be good for my skin. I am currently using the regular strength acne system from Paula's Choice and although it's been keeping my skin clear, I noticed it was causing it to dry out a little as well. I really wasnt expecting much from this product, but I have to say that I really am blown away! My skin is brighter, more even toned and luminous. This does not make me break out and smells really good. I seriously cannot believe how great my skin looks after I started using this a few weeks ago. This also helps my makeup glid on, or at least for me it helped my foundation not looks so heavy and cakey. I am truley impressed with this product and would recomend it, especialy because my skin is such a pain and usally rebells against what I put on my face by doing the exact opposit then what the product claims it will do!

on 8/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

This is a great serum. I read that the ingredients were good (thank you, MUA skincare board!) and tried it. Terrific! Sinks into damp skin, leaves me glowy. On humid days I don't use moisturiser, but it also works with moistruiser on top - and I feel cream better absorbs if this serum is applied first. If your skin looks dull and needs a pick-me-up, this might be one to try.
I tried various serums - by Lauder, Clarins and so on. But they broke me out and didn't do much in the long term.
This has antioxidants and doesn't irritate/ sting my skin when it's sore or peeling (i know, bleargh!) from drying pimple treatments. It's also one of the few tolerable treatments during PMS - when my skin is extra sensitive. No obvious perfume-y smell. Love the packaging and pump.
Yes, it costs a lot of money if you're not used to buying posh skincare, but it's less than high-end brands and, imo, more effective.
It makes my skin look better. I admit -- I'm starting to worry about skin 'radiance' (*groan* - sounds like marketing speak, right?) as I age. While it doesn't turn the clock back 10 years, it improves what I have.
This is nice little self-image and skin boost, at a price I'm willing to pay. Thank you MAC! :)

on 6/28/2012 7:23:00 PM

I'm glad I had a discount card as this would've been really expensive!
I noticed a difference right away, my acne scars started fading and my skin tone looked more even. I was amazed.

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite serum! It's very light and absorbs very quickly. I can see the difference that it made on my skin immediately. My face is smoother and has an even tone. I'm on my second bottle, and will use this for life!

Popular Face Skincare Products