April 18, 2014 | 1758 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Angled Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by oliveflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very little to say about this brush. I find it to be unnecessary. I thought that it would be about the same size as the studio contour brush, but it's a lot bigger. It's too small for using on the cheeks, and too big to use on the lids. it's in the awkward middle. I think it holds on to product too much. I have had it for a while, and i never use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by wongo2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice soft brush! Cheap and picks up a lot of product. I wouldn't use it for the eyes but I think it's great for putting on concealer and contouring the nose and cheek bones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This brush is too big for applying eyeshadow, but man, it does a great job at blending undereye concealer and eyeshadow primer!

I use this on a daily basis to blend in my e/s primer, rather than using my fingers. I tend to be a bit rough if I use my fingers to blend anything in, so using a brush prevents the unnecessary pulling and tugging on that sensitive eye area.

The quality of this brush is also amazing for only being $3.00. Since I use it daily, I spot-clean it with a home-made brush cleaner spray just about after each use, and I have not had any issues with shedding or bleeding of the bristle dye.

I just ordered 2 more of these so I don't have to wash the one I own as much. I highly recommend this brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I actually own two of these brushes. I received one within each of the 2 E.L.F. Professional Brush Kits that I ordered. With this brush, I wasn't quite sure as to how I was actually going to use it. I have found it to be a bit big for use as an eye contour brush. Also, I have tried using it for applying base and even crease shadows to my eyes and I wasn't too fond of the results. Which is why, it did take me a bit of trial and error to find out the best ways to use this brush.

I am able to successfully use it for blending in my crease color with my highlighting shade. Also, I do fine it useful for specially applying setting powder to my under eye area to make sure that my concealer doesn't crease. And, I even like using it for applying cream highlighters and then blending them out as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this brush in the "aspiring makeup artist" kit from the elf website so this is the first time ever hearing barbour this brush. It works great for putting blush on your cheeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

A solid brush. I find this brush shape better for putting on bronzer on my cheeks as it's angled head helped to make certain that I put it on neither 2 high or two low.This brush can also be used to put blush on or undereye powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy, and it turned out to be a good impulse. It's very good for dealing with cream shadows, and also for softly applying powder eyeshadow, which I like for daytime looks (usually either a single colour, or blended out with a subtle crease colour applied with a blending brush). It also does very well for applying highlight shades to the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because I wanted something to help blend out my MAC Paint Pots more evenly. I used to use my fingers, but most of the product would stay on my finger tips and application was blotchy and took forever to blend. This brush completely solves that problem for me. It's my current obsession.

The brush is shaped like a small angled flat-top. Very soft Taklon hairs. The end is not quite flat... it almost feels like a little stipple brush. It's a nice big size (and by "big" I mean it covers larger areas of the eye like the lid and browbone). Perfect for laying on shadow (wet or dry) and blending. The angle helps it fit right against the crease. It used to take me forever to get my MAC Paint Pots to look nice and even (anyone who owns Paint Pots know they can be tough to work with because some of them are kind of dry and they dry so quickly!), but with this brush, I can apply and blend in no time. It makes it so easy and effortless.

These are available on the ELF website or at select Targets and K-Marts, I believe. Only $3.00. Considering how great the quality is, you can't beat that. The bristles don't bleed when I wash them, and it dries nicely and maintains its shape. No shedding.

I own several other of ELF's Studio Line brushes and have been quite impressed with all of them. I love the sleek matte black handles. They look so good for their price.

And it doesn't just have to be for eyeshadow. This is a very versatile brush. I found that this works well at applying concealer in small areas, like under the eyes or around the nose, or even highlight small areas of the face.

I am so impressed with this brush that I might have to go and get another one. If you don't like using this brush for one thing, I'm almost certain you can find something else to use it for. Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by cherrybaby240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this brush! You can do so much with it, You can contour your nose, apply a cream highlight to your cheekbones, apply concealer and cream shadows, apply a lid color and a crease color! The possibilities are truly endless. Its only $3, which in my book is an absolute steal. I highly recommend the studio line in general!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now this brush was a surprise since on the Elf site kinda had it look smaller than it actually is. So when i got it i was a little put off but no biggie- I gave it a few tries and have found a job that this brush has done wonders for!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This brush is available in the Studio Eye brush collection on the elf website. I have also seen this brush at Target as well. Depending on your area this can be found where Elf products are sold. This brush will only cost you $3!! yes $3USD! Its def great price- you can wait for a sale online to get it half off sometimes but its def worth $3!
BRISTLES/PERFORMANCE- this brush since its a studio line brush is a flat matte black in color w/ black ferrule & black synthetic hair/bristles. The name of brush is imprinted in white writing. The studio brushes def look sleek & expensive. theyre great! Since its synthetic haired- CRUELTY FREE brush can be used for all products from powder, creams & liquids w/out ruining the bristles. THIS BRUSH IS SUPER SOFT! like all Elf Studio brushes. This brush is named well- Angled Contour Brush- this is a densely packed longer bristled brush with a angled top. This brush for me is a bit too big for precise blending but the angled top can easily fit into crease or the whole brush for all over blending. i have smaller eyes so it may fit others eye better. So i wasnt too impressed at first but then one day i decided to use this for concealer- yes! i use this brush everyday to blend out my cream & liquid concealers. i first place & blend out my thick creamy or thin liquid concealers w/ finger but this brush works FANTASTICALLY for blending out any concealer! WOW! i cant believe how this blends product so well- it helps my concealers look airbrushed & perfect- helps blend harsh lines into skin as well as helping avoid the product settling. This brush is def a great multi-purpose brush for so many different things. The brush has held up well through washing & use & travel. NO SHEDDING AT ALL! easy to wash & dries pretty quick! I have found so many different uses from concealing work, blending out eyeshadows, placing brow bone highlight, applying a wash all over lid, can def be a great face contouring brush since its can get small areas like nose & cheek bones. may be too small for some but the bristles are like those of the powder brush which are fantastic for stippling & blending!
overall- this brush is absolutely amazing! so glad i gave it a try since i was expecting it to be half the size it arrived to be but either way- i love this brush & plan to buy 2 more so i can use this for all of my different jobs! Give it a try for whatever you think may work! these Studio brushes last forever! great CRUELTY FREE quality for great price- highly suggest!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No