E.L.F. Studio Angled Contour Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/10/2012 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Had to throw this brush out! I thought it would be a good fluffy brush that would be great at blending but this was far too big for this. Even though I have small eyes, looking at the other reviews here the brush seems to be too big for big eyes too.Lucky it was a cheap mistake.

on 6/5/2012 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I purchased this brush by mistake, thinking it was an angled contour brush for the face. Firstly, its way to big to even fit in your crease area, I have quite big eyes so I thought it would be perfect, but no. It is far too big! Also its too dense, so you get too much colour deposited. Reading some of the reviews I might try use it for concealer or contouring my nose. But overall quite a pointless brush.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this for contouring but I never use it. It is too dense so picks up too much colour for contouring, but is too small for blush or bronzer. It is too big for shadow, and although pointed I can't use it accurately for shadow in the crease.
Overall, this was a waste of money for me so I'm glad it was only 3.50!

on 4/5/2012 1:39:00 PM

I have very little to say about this brush. I find it to be unnecessary. I thought that it would be about the same size as the studio contour brush, but it's a lot bigger. It's too small for using on the cheeks, and too big to use on the lids. it's in the awkward middle. I think it holds on to product too much. I have had it for a while, and i never use it.

on 4/4/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A nice soft brush! Cheap and picks up a lot of product. I wouldn't use it for the eyes but I think it's great for putting on concealer and contouring the nose and cheek bones.

on 3/1/2012 1:01:00 PM

This brush is too big for applying eyeshadow, but man, it does a great job at blending undereye concealer and eyeshadow primer!

I use this on a daily basis to blend in my e/s primer, rather than using my fingers. I tend to be a bit rough if I use my fingers to blend anything in, so using a brush prevents the unnecessary pulling and tugging on that sensitive eye area.

The quality of this brush is also amazing for only being $3.00. Since I use it daily, I spot-clean it with a home-made brush cleaner spray just about after each use, and I have not had any issues with shedding or bleeding of the bristle dye.

I just ordered 2 more of these so I don't have to wash the one I own as much. I highly recommend this brush!

on 2/29/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually own two of these brushes. I received one within each of the 2 E.L.F. Professional Brush Kits that I ordered. With this brush, I wasn't quite sure as to how I was actually going to use it. I have found it to be a bit big for use as an eye contour brush. Also, I have tried using it for applying base and even crease shadows to my eyes and I wasn't too fond of the results. Which is why, it did take me a bit of trial and error to find out the best ways to use this brush.

I am able to successfully use it for blending in my crease color with my highlighting shade. Also, I do fine it useful for specially applying setting powder to my under eye area to make sure that my concealer doesn't crease. And, I even like using it for applying cream highlighters and then blending them out as well.

on 2/27/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I got this brush in the "aspiring makeup artist" kit from the elf website so this is the first time ever hearing barbour this brush. It works great for putting blush on your cheeks!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

A solid brush. I find this brush shape better for putting on bronzer on my cheeks as it's angled head helped to make certain that I put it on neither 2 high or two low.This brush can also be used to put blush on or undereye powder

on 2/2/2012 1:52:00 AM

This was an impulse buy, and it turned out to be a good impulse. It's very good for dealing with cream shadows, and also for softly applying powder eyeshadow, which I like for daytime looks (usually either a single colour, or blended out with a subtle crease colour applied with a blending brush). It also does very well for applying highlight shades to the brow bone.