September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I really like this shampoo.
My hair is long, thick, naturally dry/frizzy and damaged from heat too.

This shampoo cleanses my hair REALLY well, but doesn't leave it dry!
On the packagain it claims to "smooth down 100% of frizz". Well, it doesn't do that, but it deffintly isn't drying on your hair, so it's great if you have damaged or dry hair like me.

What I also love about this shampoo, is that it lathers SO well! It makes it easy to get right into the scalp.

- Overall a great shampoo that I will deffintly recommend and buy again.
I only have 2 problems with it:
1) the smell is really strong and perfume-ish. Not a bad smell, but it's quite overpowering.
2) I wish it had a bigger bottle, than 250 ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is colored & gets really dry in the winter & this shampoo has really helped it. I usually buy salon brands of shampoo but I had watched 1 of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus & she suggested this shampoo & I'm happy I took her suggestion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at my local drugstore for a little more than $3. The substance is a gold colour and very thick and creamy with a decent scent. After washing it out, my hair felt so soft and more manageable c: my friend complimented me on how my hair looked so shiny and soft. I use this once a week because using this regularly makes my hair flat and oily as a treatment or something along that line <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today at Walgreens for $2.79 on clearance and I can definitely tell a difference in my hair. It is softer, smoother, and more manageable. Awesome shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lizball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair growth journey has been a long & difficult struggle. I had previously dip died 4 inches of my ends which required a lot of bleaching that left my hair way over processed. This shampoo did an awesome job at nourishing my hair and keeping it soft, as well as the conditioner. Probably one of the few things that kept it from snapping off completely. I have yet to try the treatment but I'm going to soon! I've never liked a drugstore shampoo this much. It feels luxurious, and has a pleasant but very light scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the ratings for this product, but I am not a fan. I initially bought this because the ingredient list appealed to me. My annoyance with many shampoos is that the advertised ´miracle´ ingredients are often way down on the ingredient list. However, this shampoo has many beneficial oils right at the top of the list. This seemed promising.

The shampoo did not seem as nourishing as I thought it would be. My hair was bra-strap length, with dry ends and somewhat oily roots. It did not make my roots greasy, but also wasn't particularly nourishing on the ends. As a shampoo it was nothing too special, but I did enjoy using it.

However, I started to notice breakouts along my hairline after using this shampoo. I started alternating it with another shampoo, and every time I used the Dove, the breakouts would apppear again. I have almost used up an entire bottle of the shampoo and unfortunately I´ve decided to throw this out. My skin usually does not respong negatively to oils, I have used pure jojoba, almond and avacado oil on my face many times. I also use coconut oil masks on my hair regularly, and this has never negatively affected my skin before. Perhaps its the combination of the oils, or some other ingredient in this shampoo which causes the blemishes. I'm just not sure. I do know that I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove -

I have extremely beautiful long but very fine hair up to my waist, and this product is amazing in cleansing my hair and a lovely scent, and likewise with its conditioner and leave in treatment.

I personally like the leave in treatment of dove from this particular line.

I have received the best results for Head and Shoulders- Smooth and Silky. Easy to comb through, takes care of dandruff and leaves my hair feeling so silky I cannot tie up in a bun, because it drops back down like a velvety curtain. I will probably go back to Head and Shoulders once I have finished this bottle of shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! I usually wait several weeks to review a product, but this time, I didn't, and here's why:
My hair had previously become extremely brittle, and, for some reason, despite the various attempts I made at reviving it(moisturizing profusely, clarifying then moisturizing, etc.), it would not come to life. Instead, it remained dry and brittle, and shedding was the natural consequence of that. On the very first use of this shampoo, I already felt a difference. It provided a cleansing, albeit a very light, moisturizing one that left my hair feeling lighter, bouncier, moist and full of 'slip'. I also notices that the time I washed with this shampoo(and changed no other factors of my hair washing routine), I had noticeably less shedding. Also, it's sold at an attractive price and the smell is light and inoffensive, which I can't necessarily say about other Dove products. This one will be with me for a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Squelzy

I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T LIKE THE OTHER SHAMPOOS!!! YOU LIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEeeee.....
Argh. So after waiting in anticipation for my Palmolive shampoo & cond to run out, I wanted to try the dove nourishing oil care shampoo and conditioner, because I had heard great things about it online. WRONG... or, i guess it just didn't work for me.
Is just an ordinary, s***y supermarket product that makes my roots oily and my ends dry and brittle - my hair is the LEAST shiny it has ever been!! Seriously, made my hair incredibly, incredibly dull, dry and lifeless. I have quite thick hair, and it just felt like it made it thicker and weighed down. THUMBS DOWN.
*le sigh* better get back to my impossible quest to find a good, non expensive shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by MashaKucheryavaya

I have dry hair with oily roots, so it's been always hard for me to find a shampoo that works. Moreover, I dyed my hair 3 or 4 times in the last year. I tried expensive drugstore lines and professional haircare products, but whereas they made my hair ok, I never felt satisfied with the price/quality ratio. I switched to Dove Nutritive Therapy Shampoo and Conditionar a week ago and my hair is really soft, shiny and manageable now. The shampoo is neither organic, nor it does wonders to my hair and I know there are many better products out there, but I think for its price it does an excellent job.