Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 7/6/2014 3:41:00 PM

It feels like this stuff saved my hair. I have chronically dry, frizzy, slightly wavy hair and have tried almost everything, from redken to aveda to bedhead. I finally tried this on a lark after reading internet reviews for frizzy hair shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is a godsend. I've been using it for about a month. I don't even need styling serum anymore. My roots are clean while my ends and bulk of my hair is conditioned and shiny. If you have frizzy, dry hair I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

It is weightless for the most part, but is probably too heavy for people with thin hair or oily hair. My hair is also Caucasian, average thickness, and has a little bit of a wave. If your hair is anything like this, I would definitely try it.

on 6/27/2014 12:13:00 AM

I live in a hot & humid weather condition so moisturizing shampoos are a must. Moisturizing shampoos that deliver shine are a real plus. I've been using this for months and my hair is the fullest and silkiest it has ever been. My scalp is also cleaner and feels better. I wouldn't consider my hair as oily but I do need to wash it every day in order to feel fresh. I do combine it with the conditioner every time after wash. It is worth every penny. I consider myself a minimalist when it comes to grooming but a healthy hair is a must so better treat it right.

Update 7/11/2014 :
After using up bottles and bottles of this shampoo; all of a sudden it caused my hair to look limp and live-less :( Have my bed of hair get used to it?? Is there been changes in method of manufacturing?? Or is it the water?? I'm not sure..... I've saloon clarify my hair from time to time but it goes live-less again. I've stopped using it for now.

on 6/22/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this shampoo because I ran out of the Dove moisture one and saw that this one had argan and coconut oil, well, this shampoo is NOTHING like the moisture one, this turns my super dry hair into a greasy nest, it had to wash it twice with Alberto VO5 kiwi lime twice on my scalp and three times on the length to remove it, I've been using this since I need to buy new shampoo and my hair is dry and brittle (coconut oil acting like protein) and my hair has been falling out in the shower and after when I comb it, I am not happy, beware of hair loss with this stuff.

on 4/29/2014 11:52:00 PM

Like the other reviews I agree! I usually buy high end product but must say I love this with the conditioner! I have fine frizzy curly hair that I blow dry straight and then curl! Most products weight my hair down but this does not. Makes it soft super shiny and bouncy... I also love the smell. Iam a high end product gal but love this stuff along with other Dove products such as there deodorant line and oil lotion! Cant beat it for the price!!!! Will continue to buy!!!!!

on 4/23/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Thank God for this product.
Not only is my hair softerter-it litrelly feels different.
Lighter and I dont even have to comb it if i dont want to. It leaves my hair that soft , Thank God.
i brought another 1 as well. Also I team this is up with Dove damage line conditioner also good.My hair is greasy from the top and dry from the bottome so i do have to use a anti dandruss shampoo.
my hair was badly damaged after bleaching 3 times over the course of 2 months or so I tried a range of things after cutting my hair as i damaged it again.
Main thing is i feel it works ok, the price is what makes it so much better. I almost gave up and was going to buy expensive product like redken which you can only buy from salons etc.
This prouct I would definetly recommend:)
5/5.

on 3/12/2014 12:06:00 PM

I have been using this shampoo ( and the Nutritive Therapy conditioner) for about 2 years now and all I can say is this is: Great duo! They leave your hair really soft and easy to style. I have long curly hair and frizz can be a serious problem but this line helps keep your hair smooth and frizz-free. The price makes it even better, It is cheaper than L'Oreal and Pantene and yet it conditions your hair better. I personally love the smell of it as well, but if you like unscented products this may not be the right shampoo for you.

Keep in mind though that if you hair gets greasy quickly this might not be a product for you. My friend tried it and said her hair got greasy a lot faster than usual after using the shampoo and conditioner, but if you have dry, dammaged hair these products are your friends.

on 2/24/2014 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am really impressed with this shampoo and I have tried many recently, including SLS free ones. My hair is a disaster zone, thinning and very frizzy. This makes it look so much healthier with shine and some body. The smell is OK.

I'm trying to write more reviews. As a woman of color (WOC), I always gravitate towards reviews from fellow woc and/or people with ethnic hair. So, here this goes:
Black girl, 4a/4b, transitioning to natural hair. Coarse hair, prone to buildup, but also craves moisture and detangling properties from products. One thing I like about this product is the thickness. It's not flimsy or feels like it'll spill all over the shower. It's nice and thick and not see-through. The smell is sort of medicinal, not that floral-fresh scent as most of Dove's products are. But it doesn't last past the shower. For years I stopped using sulfate shampoos, and tried this because I liked the matching treatment. It is not stripping, but it's cleansing. I didn't find it particularily detangling, but it wasn't tangling either. All in all, it was so-so. A do no harm shampoo. Did the job. Made my hair clean. Somewhat smooth (not nearly as close to it's claims), thick, felt good applying, and it had a nice lather. Would I repurchase? Meh. If I could find it super cheap with a coupon I would.

on 1/28/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Whoops got this confused with Dove's new oil line, which floops for me. But THIS ONE is awesome. Give this a try if you have dry hair (and considering most of the US at least is experiencing record low temps, who doesn't?) But probs pass on the new "Dry Oil" line. It smells great but my scalp at least hurt after using that. This one is thick and creamy in a white bottle, the new dry oil is liquidy and in a see through bottle.

Now if only Dove would quit pulling the intesive masks that go with their lines. They're the best. :(

on 1/28/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I really like this shampoo.
My hair is long, thick, naturally dry/frizzy and damaged from heat too.

This shampoo cleanses my hair REALLY well, but doesn't leave it dry!
On the packagain it claims to "smooth down 100% of frizz". Well, it doesn't do that, but it deffintly isn't drying on your hair, so it's great if you have damaged or dry hair like me.

What I also love about this shampoo, is that it lathers SO well! It makes it easy to get right into the scalp.

- Overall a great shampoo that I will deffintly recommend and buy again.
I only have 2 problems with it:
1) the smell is really strong and perfume-ish. Not a bad smell, but it's quite overpowering.
2) I wish it had a bigger bottle, than 250 ml.