NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful everyday stain. Comes off after 4 hours

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm *obsessed* w NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams I have like, 7-8 w 3 on order & I admit Stockholm is my fave out of the bunch. It's that perf nude lip so effortless glam & chic really great w my more soft focus makeup. Looks good w Browns (eyeliner/mascara, e/s & brows lightly filled in; & w a blush like NYX Taupe to complete the look!). Really classy never trashy. MLBB nude def not concealer lips. I know I am a little late on NYX SMLC trend but I admit these mattes aren't as drying as something eg wnw mega last matte or liquid lipsticks well I don't own a lot of mattes coz I like lipgloss! But this is a matte lip"gloss" LOL I'm addicted to these dang things I even have a backup of Stockholm! I like it w NYX Peekaboo, MAC Stripdown or MAC BoldlyBare lipliners. A coat of MAC Prep + Prime Lip under Stockholm helps a lot w the dry lips. It goes lipliner, MAC Prep + Prime Lip (yes i do the liner 1st or it would slide all around for me that's best), then Stockholm. If my lips get dry during the day i use a nude pale MAC lipglass (C-thru, fashion whim or boy bait work well) to refresh Stockholm & get a little more mileage out of my lip color. It kind of restores the color & ur lips don't feel so parched midday. Don't forget the importance of lip-exfoliation b4 Stockholm even gets near ur lips!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally really pink, pigmented lips so I usually prefer full coverage lip products, and
this was not, so that's why I took one off. I also don't care for the doe foot applicator. If you
put too much, it appears orange / coral - y and kind of weird. It is a bit pricey for drugstore..

PACKAGING: 3/5
I don't like doe foot applicators, especially for lip products because they always suck all the
product up, and with doe foot applicators, you can never get even application. Exactly like all
the other colors in the nyx matte lip creams, the color isn't even close to the packaging color.
I wish they were, so I don't have to search swatches. Nice matte black handle, though, nyx!

FORMULA: 4/5
Creamy, moisturizing ( I would still put a very light layer of lip balm like eos just because it's
matte ), and not drying. It can get into your fine lines if you are not careful. Too bad it only
lasts for maximum 3 hours, because it's such a pretty color! That's the only down side to this.

EXTRAS: 2/5
I'm honestly not a big fan of the fragrance, because on ewg ( environmental working group ),
fragrance is rated 8, and I can really get sick of it sometimes because it's sweet, lil too much.

Overall, I would recommend to a friend, but I would let them know about the packaging
not being true to the actual color, cake/cupcake-y scent, and the applicator. I' buy more,
but I would like to try some dark purple, plum, or nude colors next time. I hope that you
found this review helpful. Like/message me if you did! - @makeupdupe.s on instagram!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovelovelove the color. Great consistency. Love the smell. Love everything about this lip cream. Already on my 2nd one. Great for everyday natural look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work with my coloring. I have naturally darker pigmented lips, and this color looked really pink on me. They're only 6 bucks though, so I can't really complain.

I own at least 7 of the SMLC and this one is probably my favorite. I have semi pigmented mauvey lips, and this is a MLBB shade somehow. I will say they take awhile to dry, so if you're in a rush and expect them to suction to your lips in seconds, skip this and look elsewhere. But I love this color and for the three week manhunt I went on for it, it's worth it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, the color of this changes a little within the first 10 minutes of wear as it dries to a teeny tiny bit darker. The color is the best thing about it. It looks very natural on me, a great pinker nude. "Concealer" type nude lip colors make me look postmortem, so give this one a try if you've had that problem. It's very comfortable to wear, not dry or crumbly feeling at all. Probably because it's a moister formula, wear time is not the greatest at about 2 hours. The applicator is fine, though it will apply more thickly. I like it better with a lip brush so I can apply it more sheerly. 4 stars because of the great price and the color.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My Favorite Drugstore Matte Lipstick! Have in every color. Personal Favorite!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color, it is a burnt peach, soft and pretty subtle. The color works really well with my complexion. I prefer matte lipsticks and this one delivers in pigment. Like most mattes it is pretty dry but not unbearable.

To be honest, I think this lippie needs to be worn the proper way, with a concealer or primer, lightly lined with a nude lip liner, and softly applied with your fingertips or a brush. The applicator on this sucks, it deposits too much product right around your lip line. I swipe the applicator over a fingertip and pat this product on.

My favorite way to wear this look is over concealer, with my Too Faced lip primer, NYX lip liner (retractable) in MPL10 Nude, and I top with a light coating on my bottom lip with NYC Butter lipstick BLS03 SnowCap, then I rub my lips together do deposit. This helps with the matte dryness without adding much shimmer or moisture. For a bit of dimension I use my MAC Lipliner in Whirl on the center 3rd of my bottom lip very lightly.

Worn with the right prodcuts you will love this color! It stays on me for about 6-7 hours when used with a primer, maybe 3-4 hours without.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lip cream but i feel like it doesnt last that long. I love the color, its a medium peach toned matte lip, and looks very nice on my warm toned skin. Wouldn't recommend for people with cool tones because of the orange undertone.

Video Reviews & Tutorials