December 27, 2014 | 1987 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Your lips need to be very well moisturized without any flakiness for this product to look good. If not, the dryness will be really enhanced and look bad. I also put on a little lip balm underneath, just to keep my lips feeling comfortable. Sometimes it doesn't apply very evenly and you may have to use a brush/tool of your choice to smooth it out. The Stockholm shade is a very natural shade; it almost matches my natural lip color exactly. However, it is a little brighter and more orange than my natural shade. After about five hours or so, the product started to rub off very noticeably in little blobs, but for me that is around lunch time anyway, so I just rub it off and reapply after lunch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I'm pale with auburn (slightly brassy) hair and I wanted a color to go with my hair and my golden-green hazel eyes without being MLBB. MLBB is still a bit pink for me at the moment and Stockholm fills that void. I love the wear, the smell, the color payoff, and the price. I don't love the packaging because I can't see how much is left, but I don't mind that the sun isn't able to get through to age in prematurely. (On that note, do people really leave their glosses and lipsticks in sunlight? That just doesn't seem right.)

This is WIWMLB - What I Want My Lips to Be. Sure, I could "want" my lips to be bright purple, but I use it more in the sense of what color my lips should be to go best with my current hair and skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by houstoncitylights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a couple weeks ago to try it out and I pretty much love it. There's quite a few colors I like and after trying Stockholm and loving it, I will definitely buy more colors. It smells like cupcakes. Its a beautiful shade on me, you can tell I'm wearing something but it's not really obvious, like a my lips but better shade. The formula is so creamy and smooth you forget you're even wearing anything on your lips. The only down side is it does sink into cracks and it shows flakes, so exfoliate those lips before wearing it. Did I mention it smells like cupcakes? It's a little expensive for such a small tube but I got it at CVS while they were having a sale so it wasn't too bad I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. I have a hard time finding a good nude shade (am medium fair with warm undertones and brown hair and eyes, pigmented lips) and this is exactly what I've been wanting. I figured if it worked for RuPaul's Drag Race it would work for me. The other reviewers have described it as Bardot; I agree. It's not too done and the matte finish is awesome. The formula wears pretty well for me. The packaging's perfect. And the smell is exactly like an old Lip Smacker I used to have-sort of a vanilla frosting mixed with plastic (in the best possible way). Will rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by annapieface

The formula is so velvety and smooth, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything when it is on the lips. The colour applies true to what you see it as in the tube so don't be worried if you're concerned about it being sheer. The only reason it lost a star is because if my lips aren't properly moisturised, it will settle into the fine lines of the lips so make sure you moisturise beforehand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by rcmd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, but after a minute or so it settles into the cracks in my lips so I can't wear it. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry lips.

I bought it in another colour (Antwerp) as I had high hopes for the lip cream, but I'll have to sell it as the formula doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX YES LOVE! I HAVE THEM ALL AND THEY ARE GREAT. COLORS WORK WELL ON ANY SKIN TONE, WEAR OVER, OR UNDER A LIPSTICK, ON MY OFF DAYS I WEAR ALONE AND ITS GREAT.
THE MOISTURE IS GREAT.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by fluffydiva

I am always searching for various "nude" products that work well with Brown skin and this was one more for the win column! I use Stockholm for an ombre lip with deep purples or pair it with a deeper base because while I do love it, I haven't gotten the right amount of application to make me comfortable with wearing it solo just yet. The price makes it worth picking up. I will also pick up the red because I'm a fan of anything that dries matte and doesn't flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by veelui

love the color and product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of these Soft Matte Lip Creams by NYX last year after reading about them in a magazine. I mainly focused on bright, bold colors, as that's generally what I prefer for a matte lip, but I went out on a limb and bough Stockholm too, as the reviews on the NYX website said this was a great neutral. It is a great, somewhat peachy nude and even though it is more peach than pink, it is so slight that it still looks good on my NC20 skintone. Like others say, the formula for this lip cream is so unique -- it's ultra light weight and creamy going on, and dries into a near powdery finish. Beware of the inner parts of your lips that touch when your mouth is closed -- the lip cream can gum up in spots. It is slightly, but not overly, drying feeling on the lips, but I don't think that it made my lips look dried out.