NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

4.3

on 12/8/2014 7:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this lipstick! The color is neutral so you can wear it with anything. The formula is also very good and it dries matte, which I like. It lasts so long, after about 8 hours it looks as if I have just put it. I like to wear it with Rimmel lip liner in spice. I think it is becoming my HG lipstick and I will definitely get some other shades as well

on 11/7/2014 2:15:00 PM

The Soft Matte Lip Creams are very nice on the lips but keep in mind they are MATTE products, they will not be moisturizing and they are not like balm. That being said, unlike most matte products, this doesn't dry the lips, in fact, after it dries it feels like nothing is on the lips not balm, not gloss, not a drying lipstick. If anything it almost feels like a cream lipstick. Very lightweight and long lasting. I wore each of these for a full 9hr work day and only had to reapply after lunch. One of the best parts is, unless you are eating or it isn't dry all the way yet, it doesn't transfer. That's right mess free kisses and ring free coffee mugs.

Now on to the color stockholm.

This is a very nice light to mid-tone nude with a slightly peach but mostly neutral undertone. Personally I enjoyed it. I think its a shade that everyone can wear.

Give it a try they are only $4-$6

i love love this product, it dries completly mate but is not drying at all. im having trouble finding the darker colors, other then that i love the formula :)

on 9/12/2014 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this on it's own, but my lips are too dry for this product.
* If your day is ruined on a day you forget your chapstick, welcome to the dry lip crew- this lipstick is NOT for you.*
Within like 15 minutes it dried my lips like crazy and settled into all my lines even though I had applied a lip balm before

But, I think it is PERFECT neutral base for a pink lipgloss.

on 8/19/2014 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Have I found the perfect nude??? I don't want to give this 5 lip pies yet because I tried it on at home for maybe 20 mins but what I seen so far, I love. The formula is different from anything I tried before. It goes on a smooth and opaque Creme and dries to a matte finished but doesn't appear to totally dry my lips out. It creates a smooth polished finished. My lips look perfect! Definitely MLBB pinky brown. I paired it with my go to mac lip liner in cork. It was perfection. Something I would expect from a higher end brand. I wasted so much $$$ on more expensive lippies. For $6 a tube, it doesn't get any better. I think I found my HG, hopefully NYX doesn't change the color or formula anytime soon.

on 6/28/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These lip creams are my favorite. Every time I walk into Ulta I just have to get another. They go on very smoothly, smell nice and look great on. However, they do settle into the creases on your lips, if you have any. The nudes are my favorite. Sometimes I apply one of the nyx butters on top :)

Very good product-I use this one and Milan. Stays on forever, ultra matte look but glossy if you choose to add gloss overtop. Also smells like cake frosting xD

on 6/14/2014 2:58:00 AM

Your lips need to be very well moisturized without any flakiness for this product to look good. If not, the dryness will be really enhanced and look bad. I also put on a little lip balm underneath, just to keep my lips feeling comfortable. Sometimes it doesn't apply very evenly and you may have to use a brush/tool of your choice to smooth it out. The Stockholm shade is a very natural shade; it almost matches my natural lip color exactly. However, it is a little brighter and more orange than my natural shade. After about five hours or so, the product started to rub off very noticeably in little blobs, but for me that is around lunch time anyway, so I just rub it off and reapply after lunch.

I'm pale with auburn (slightly brassy) hair and I wanted a color to go with my hair and my golden-green hazel eyes without being MLBB. MLBB is still a bit pink for me at the moment and Stockholm fills that void. I love the wear, the smell, the color payoff, and the price. I don't love the packaging because I can't see how much is left, but I don't mind that the sun isn't able to get through to age in prematurely. (On that note, do people really leave their glosses and lipsticks in sunlight? That just doesn't seem right.)

This is WIWMLB - What I Want My Lips to Be. Sure, I could "want" my lips to be bright purple, but I use it more in the sense of what color my lips should be to go best with my current hair and skin tones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a couple weeks ago to try it out and I pretty much love it. There's quite a few colors I like and after trying Stockholm and loving it, I will definitely buy more colors. It smells like cupcakes. Its a beautiful shade on me, you can tell I'm wearing something but it's not really obvious, like a my lips but better shade. The formula is so creamy and smooth you forget you're even wearing anything on your lips. The only down side is it does sink into cracks and it shows flakes, so exfoliate those lips before wearing it. Did I mention it smells like cupcakes? It's a little expensive for such a small tube but I got it at CVS while they were having a sale so it wasn't too bad I guess.

Top Rated NYX Products