September 18, 2014 | 2005 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Coconut Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I like the smell and packaging but even though it is relatively natural it stripped the color I had just had done, right out. It's a tad drying too. I will only use as a clarifying shampoo and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I call this HG? Maybe; frankly part of the reason I'm sticking with this shampoo is that I'm sick of testing other products...
That isn't to say I don't like this shampoo, on the contrary I really do. For a sulfate free poo, the lather is amazing! The scent is subtle but lovely. It cleans without stripping, though tangles my crown a bit. It alleviated the mad itching I had experienced lately. This, combined with the conditioner, gives me the absolute greatest second day hair ever(I shampoo every second day or I get terrible build up). Shiny but not greasy roots, incredibly soft hair, though that may be more because of the conditioner.
Still, I do like this shampoo. One lippie off because it's pricier than other options--though I suppose it is ultimately worth it--and because the packaging is meh. I like that it's in a tube but I feel like it hardly comes out, so I typically have to unscrew the cap to get the product.

Here are the ingredients, by the way. I think this is the reformulation but I'm not sure.
Water, rosemary leaf extract, burdock root extract, yarrow extract, witch hazel leaf extract, fennel seed extract, black elderberry flower extract, aloe leaf extract, sodium coco sulfate(coconut derived), decyl glucoside(coconut and corn derived), propanediol(corn derived), coco-glucoside(coconut derived), shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, hemp seed oil, olive fruit oil, dehydroacetic acid, glycerin, hydrogenated coco-glycerides(coconut derived), sodium chloride, potassium sorbate(fruit derived), lauryl glucoside(plant derived), citric acid, stearyl citrate(vegetable derived), benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, coumarin, limonene, fragrance

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BAD BAD BAD. Yeah I kmow this was suppossed to be moisturizing shampoo but it dries my hair out soooo much (both shampoo and conditioner) and this was like 20$ at here so really disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Westiw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shampoo the smell is divine like all sls free shampoos you need to add extra water to make it foam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by KimikoTaicho

I bought this shampoo and conditioner after reading reviews here and decided to take a chance with it. I was pleasantly surprised!

I should say that I don't just put shampoo in my hair and scrub away - I found that pulled out a lot of hair. Instead, I pour the amount I usually use (about two quarters worth; I have thick hair) into an empty shampoo bottle, fill the bottle about halfway with water, shake until it's too thick and sudsy to shake, and pour that over my hair. The end result is a lovely larger that I can massage into my scalp without excess pulling on my hair. I do the same with every conditioner I use.

With this pair, the lather is creamy and feels wonderful. It does an excellent job of cleansing my hair and scalp. In addition, I bought a hair catcher for my shower and, after using this pair, there's maybe only one or two hairs in the catcher. A magnificent improvement!

After I get out of the shower, I gently squeeze excess water out of my hair and style and usual. My hair is left smooth, soft, and lovely.

All said, this has been a wonderful find. I'm almost done with my current bottles and just bought more today. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Love it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by brooklynbee

Love this shampoo and the matching conditioner. Mild but pleasant smell, decent lather, no sulfates. I haven't had scalp issues with this for the most part, and I have a pretty sensitive scalp. It makes my hair really shiny- I also want to try the raspberry shampoo for even MORE shine but haven't had a chance yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. It's very affordable, lathers well, moisturizes and smells great! I don't use it everyday, but I do keep it in my travel bag, and a back up incase I run out of my usual shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-made my hair feel soft
-felt good in my hair
-loved the smell!

CONS:
-has Sodium Coco Sulfate, which is the same as sodium lauryl sulfate
-strips hair
-couldn't find it in local drugstores (annoying online buying)
-a little expensive
-eventually made me have buildup
-made my roots oily

Overall, not a great shampoo. Maybe if it didn't have sulfates it'd be better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My haircolor fades fast anyway but I swear this strips it out, like, instantly. Not only that, it dries it out. I haven't been impressed with anything in the DE Coconut line (the body wash was drying as well), but I did like DE's Tea Tree Therapeutic Shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my hair feel like straw and oily at the same time.

I gave it one lippy because it is making a great body wash and works well for shaving.