Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

4.4

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 6/22/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So first off, I think this is a great product - it really is. It goes on very smooth and doesn't settle into any lines or anything, which is great. I got color 113 and it was a little yellow for my pink skin, but blended well. The only reason I can't wear it anymore is because my skin is extremely sensitive and it made me break out everywhere, so I really just can't keep putting it on. I have a face full of little bumps after using it for only a week. If your skin is oily you're going to want to use a primer or setting powder of some sort, as I found near the end of the work day it started to cake and "slide off".

on 6/7/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my two HG foundations along with by Terry Cover Expert. I have the old formula in BE1, which is a good match for my NC20/25 with some olive undertones. The finish is beautiful. It looks great imediately but continues to "melt" into my skin and by hour two it's gorgeous.

on 5/12/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the old formulation which I purchased off HauteLook. I have the color OC-1 which is the perfect color for me. I am around NC 20-25. The formulation is a silky smooth light to medium finish, buildable. If you have blemishes, you will have to use concealer for that extra coverage. It is not super long lasting but still provides 4-5 hours lasting power. This foundation looks so seamless like skin that people would ask me if I am wearing foundation. I have been using it non-stop since I have bought it. I like to apply the foundation with a brush because it gives me a more flawless finish. The packaging is in a glass pump bottle with a cap which I find very sleek. I would repurchase it again at full price but I know this product has been reformulated so I would have to try the new version.

on 4/24/2014 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried so many liquid foundations over the years (Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, MUFE Mat Velvet, Clarins Instant Light, Dermablend, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc) and this is by far my favorite along with Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk. It provides some coverage but I still need to use a full coverage concealer (MUFE full cover, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Cle de Peau concealer) for acne scars and pigmentation. The Aqua foundation is amazing as it is nearly imperceivable on the skin! I have very oily, acne-scarred skin which makes most foundations look obvious and cakey but this one doesn't. I use Koh Gen Do's pressed powder (another HG) to set the foundation. This is my HG foundation along with GA's Lasting Silk.

on 4/24/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh lawdy this foundation is pricey! Thank goodness I bought mine at a discount from Hautelook. Hautelook should give me kick backs for promoting their website ;) this foundation I think retails for $60 and I got mine for $30 something. Still a pretty penny for any makeup product. I guess it's less sticker shock if you get some sort of a discount. Aside from the price, this foundation is really nice. Smooth application, no offensive perfumey odor, doesn't look cakey, and a pretty good color match for my skintone.

I would recommend this to folks who may suffer from dry patches since I had some earlier due to a new skin regimen and the KGD was the only foundation I could use for a while.

It layers well and is buildable. I am not a fan of heavy foundation and this one goes on lightly almost like a tinted moisturizer with more tint. I use my fingers to apply this because I need to get every last drop out of my bottle and make it last! As for lasting power I'd say this is about average for foundation. Don't expect to sweat and have it not move. Color selection is limited, but if you can find a match, I believe it'll be worth your while if you like a natural makeup look.

on 4/11/2014 6:50:00 AM

This review is for the old formulation. I first heard of this brand when I was reading an interview on Glee's makeup artist. It was said that this was the foundation brand they used on the show. I've always admired the Glee stars' makeup on TV because I thought their complexion looked so natural and glowing.

Because of the new formulation, the older ones were being sold for around half off so I took it as a chance to try this foundation out. I'm around NC20 and I use this in shade OC-1. The texture is a bit on the watery side with a thin coverage. The pores on my nose aren't really covered completely. Its strength is not really on its coverage. What I love about is how natural it looks on. It looks just like your skin because its finish looks so seamless. When I started using my other foundations again, I feel like they are a wee bit cakey compared to this. It also feels so light on, like you have no foundation on your face.

on 4/10/2014 11:14:00 AM

I am 43 years old and have found that as I age a lot of the foundations are making me look older by setting into lines and looking cakey...not this one, it is the best i have tried. I only purchase high end foundations and have tried about 20 different kinds over the past year. A very helpful nordstrom sales associate hooked me up with a ton of generous samples...however none of them were that wonderful. Then I read about koh gen do online and through various you tube videos and thought it might be a good line to try. If you contact their customer at koh gen do and let them know your brand and shade that currently matches you, they will send you samples for free. I contacted via email. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

on 4/3/2014 12:07:00 PM

It's definitely not heavy coverage, but it has a lovely natural looking finish. It feels like you're not wearing anything at all, and I was told that it's mineral based so it will not oxidize or break you out. I can't give this the full 5 rating because the color selection is very limited and I'm currently mixing OC 1 and OC 2 to get a somewhat close match. Also, I still find it difficult to build coverage, as repeatedly patting my face is time consuming in the morning when I'm in a hurry to get ready for work.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So incredibly happy with this foundation, it doesn't give me pimples after use it stays on ALL DAY , doesn't make my face oily and has the perfect shade for my skin tone!

on 4/2/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation very light and goes on smooth makes my skin look flawless.