November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is straight, but coarse in the front, and the shampoo makes it a bit more maleable. Not a miracle thought, but better than nothing. The big plus for me is that it is a sulfate and paraben-free shampoo rather than its "straightening" benefits.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cosmie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't like it. I love Organix shampoos but hated this one. I'm a cosmetician and do lots of research on hair products. I'm not saying this is a bad product because it's not.. but this specific one dried out my hair. The reason being is because people my age don't usually need Keratin treatments so what I did was basically stressing out my hair by adding more of something that it already had. This would probably work wonders for people who lack Keratin. Just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Mkay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I had super curly thick hair and whenever i straighten it it wouldn't look that good. After using this shampoo and conditioner it looks amazing! Everyone always comments on it and ask how i got it so straight and how good it smells! Love, love, love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by hernandezcee

I was not impressed with product. It did no justice for my hair and I was not a huge fan of the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

This product made my hair stronger and shinier. Great stuff.. But you need to alternate with a moisture shampoo and conditioner. This is keratin protein and you should only use this about once a week. As too much protein makes hair snap after it's had too much. So if you get the moisture and protein balance right and use this about once a week. It's shamazing!!! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkyyoshi

This shampoo dried out my hair and left it in HUGE knots every time in used it. I also felt that it didn't clean my hair or scalp at all. And as far as their claim for straightening, it say its a big lie. Like I said all it did was knot my hair up terribly!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by PinkBay

*sigh* I LOVE the Organix hair product lines- every one except this one. As usual, I looked over reviews before I purchased it because of the price to product ratio, and decided to go for it. Unfortunately this was a bad move as my hair is now dry, frizzy, limp and notty. It is quite painful actually and I have lost a lot of hair because of this one. The moment I use other Organix products, my hair goes back to normal with no side effects. I am not entirely sure why this certain shampoo did not meet my hairs' standards. Because of the cost, I am too stubborn to throw it out so will stick with it until it is used up. Maybe mixing a few poos will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MorningStar1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have quadruple processed hair and this product was amazing. Smells really good, VERY moisturizing. I used the conditioner alone. I left it in for 30 minutes {I prefer deep conditioning}. My hair is smooth, soft, and manageable. After using it I purchased the entire system. I have been in the beauty industry for over 10 years and the ingredients in this conditioner are excellent. Basically everything you need to bring overprocessed hair back to life. This is very similar to Aveda's Smooth Infusion and Damage Remedy combined. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

I usually always use herbal essence for hair products, but decided to try out the ever straight brazilian keratin therapy because it smelled amazing. Im also a sucker for packaging....... first use: the formula is very smooth, has a bronzy colour just like the bottle, and when i applied it on my hair, it wasnt as "moussy" as i wanted it to be, i like it when i shampoo my hair that it creates lots of mousse. Loved the smell of my hair though, i felt my hair was really smooth. Will i repurchase? no. 10$ for a little bottle, not worth it. Im going back to my herbal essence.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I definitely found that this shampoo helped make my hair straighter and there were no frizzies!! I have naturally straight hair on the finer side which will dry to a slight wave if I let it air dry. I also get insane frizzies with flyaways and find that many shampoos which claim to be smoothing and anti frizz actually make my frizziness worse. This one however works wonders!

My hair was super smooth, super soft and super straight. I usually have to blow dry and flat iron to get the straight look that I'm after yet after using this shampoo my hair only needed the blow dry to be straight. It was also so easy to comb through my hair when it was wet and the blow dry was so quick, my hair just seemed to naturally fall into perfect place.

The scent is also really amazing, kind of like a chocolate caramel nutty concoction.

I find that using this shampoo with the Organix coconut milk conditioner worked the best for my hair, the Keratin conditioner was a bit too lightweight for me.

If you've got naturally straight hair which you want to give a little more oomph to give this shampoo a try!

UPDATE: For unknown reasons this shampoo stopped working for me. After using it for about 2 weeks it just started making my hair limp and unmanageable. I had a similar experience with the Organix Coconut Milk shampoo. I'm not sure what it is about Organix products but they just don't seem to stand up to the test of time. I'm done with the brand and would recommend to anyone who is interested in it to look elsewhere for an organic hair care line.