November 26, 2014 | 1894 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was desperate to jump on the Tarte blush bandwagon and had eyed up about 4 colours I "needed' to have, but there actually must have been a blue moon that day as I only sensibly (make-up and sensibly don't go together) bought one - Dollface.

Miss Dollface does last all day I'll give her that, she goes on nicely without kicking up a fuss, applies beautifully with a stipple brush and a light hand - emphasis on the light hand! Getting too carried away and Miss Dollface morphs into Clown face prettty quickly. This is a matte blush so I always feel the need for some highlight to add some va-voom.

However as I lack in the sleep department and need something a little more glowy to make me look alive in the morning I don't tend to reach for this blush much at all, I find the formula and the packaging a bit boring.

I am glad I bought Dollface to get the Tarte blush lemming out of my system but won't be buying anymore. Wow I feel like I'm saving money already :) I will continue to use this blush on and off and experiment with different highlighters over top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Not my favorite. It's described as a light pink, and I think that's accurate and the color, texture, payoff and staying power are all fine, but I just don't feel as if this shade awakens my complexion like others. It reminds me of NARS Desire and I feel the same way about that shade. At least the price of these isn't as offensive as NARS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush works well on my pale skin. I find it to be long lasting & very pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This has been my go to blush lately. It goes with most looks and looks lovely on the skin. I have used it a lot yet barely made a dent in the product. Lasting power seems ok no worse or better then other high end blushes. It is pricey but it's gonna last you a long time so it's worth it.
This colour would look nice on most skin tones because it's very buildable. I am nw13 so I apply it lightly.
Best way I apply it is with my sigma f40 large contour brush (best blush brush ever)
It lost a point cause I find that it's hard to open. I usually have to use a clip to pop it open. In my oppinion a $32 blush should be easy to use. I expect that from my $1 ELF blushes not from my tarte ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by korean

Dollface is a soft pink blush. i got it to replace my mata hari NARS. i'm trying to detoxify my makeup bag of parabens, etc. it is the perfect pink for my NC 20-25 skin. i have neutral to yellow undertones and it does not wash me out. it comes in a round plastic pink compact. it is not as deep or pigmented as the other tarte blushes, but for me that's why it a pretty soft pink color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

This is one of my favorite blushes. Gives a perfect flush, and you only need a couple of swirls and your good for both cheeks! Love this brand, and their blushes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is one of my favorite pink blushes right now. It would be my fave if it really wore for twelve hours and not the average six. The color is pretty and flatters my NC20 skin really well. I do wish it was cheaper though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the prettiest matte pink and it goes on super smooth. It also stays on for a very long time. It's one of my absolute favorite blushes. I always go back to this blush. I think all tarte blushes are amazing. They are all pigmented and long lasting. I have 6 different colors and they're all beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my absolute HG blushes, along with this same product in the shade Glisten! It is far and away the best blush I have ever used, including powders, creams, and tints (and yes, NARS Orgasm!) It comes off as a very natural flush on my cheeks, especially this shade on my pale skin, is well pigmented, and lasts for a very long time! Unlike a lot of negative reviews I've seen, I don't find this product to be chalky at all, and it spreads and blends like an absolute dream-- even better than my Urban Decay shadows!

But buyers, be warned!
It takes somebody with very fair and clear skin to wear this particular shade well. If you want to try this blush, but are afraid that you don't meet that criteria well enough, I would recommend this product in the shades Exposed or Glisten, which are both great neutrals that would fit a wide variety of skin tones!

Because of this, I would not recommend this exact blush to just anybody-- only people with similar complexions to mine. The two shades mentioned above, however, I would tell anybody to buy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all! The texture was chalky, and the application was not as smooth as I had hoped it would be. I really thought that is blush would be similar to my NARS blush in texture and pigment. Alas, it was not. Also the shade changes color on my cheeks, from a cool almost lavender pink to a run of the mill ruddy rose. Ruddiness on my skin tone looks almost like slight bruising. So, no!