September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

MUST have for oily people!!

Im a teenager with a very very very oily nose and T zone. I do consider myself combination skin cause under the oilyness of my face i do have dry patches.

Anyways, as it happens to all oily people, i was struggling to find something that could actually mattify and stayed put. Im a YT freak so i had already seen 100+ reviews in powder and bloating papers, blah blah.

Ultimately i was about to buy the MAC studio fix powder as everyone seemed to love the coverage of that. Thankfully, i ran across the Emily Noel (Youtube) face awards and listened to her raving about this product. Its definitely cheaper than the MAC one so i gave it a go.

Overal opinion (my shade is MEDIUM):

- This is not a powder foundation so i cannot use this alone or its pointless
- Has a pink undertone, not very strong but still there
- When applied with the SPONGE its so MATTE!! like seriously the mattest i have ever been
- Doesnt last all day... i would say 4-5 depending on how strong your foundation is
- Its easy for the go. I use this in collegue and i just throw it in my bag and it never broke

Basically, I lost it recently and Im definetely buying it again BUT i still think there could be out there in the market a powder that could actually last all day, no retouches... i just really havent found it yet

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been struggling to find a pressed powder that is light enough for my skin tone. Sephora has been unable to match me to any of their powders (or foundations) and I've read so many good reviews of this product I decided it wouldn't hurt to try it. I have this in 01 Light, which isn't quite light enough for me, but if I apply it lightly and blend some down my neck I can get away with it. It has some coverage to it which is something you don't often find at the drugstores. Most powders seem to act as only a setting powder but you could use this as a foundation by itself if you have a color match and didn't need full coverage. The design pressing into the powder is lovely. The packaging is also pretty if bulky. It reminds me of Physicians Formula in that regard. The packaging is too big for the amount of product and area needed for the puff inside. The price was a little high for me although I like this product: $11.99 I know the price will differ for others depending on where you live and your local shops, so if you find it lower than that, definitely try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

The first thing you notice about this powder is the cute little floral design on the packaging.
But then you notice the packaging is crazy bulky...although it does have that mirror + puff set-up that's nice to throw in your purse. It comes with a lot of product, making it well worth the $6 price tag; in value, if not in product quality.

That's what drew me to it; the value, the cute packaging, and the rave reviews some beauty vloggers were giving it. There isn't a huge shade selection, but I was able to find one that matched me well enough to not make me look like I had "the mask."

Maybe this is my fault, but this powder is kinda heavy, and you can feel it on your face even an hour after. I could not feel my skin breathe. There is a crazy staying power, though, and you won't have to reapply throughout the day. I noticed, however, that I was breaking out the next day.

In summation, this powder is fun to try if you want something new; but I don't think it's the right match for me. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by beautysmurf

This stuff oxidized like crazy. Total orange face. Also the coverage wasn't what I expected based on reviews. I got the lightest shade which I had to order because its never carried in stores and it was too dark, then it oxidized, so not for me

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by krisc17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good powder foundation. It is entirely matte with medium to buildable coverage. There is a fragrance in the product so if you have reactions to fragrance be careful. The price is good, I believe I paid roughly $6 at Wal-Mart. The packaging is rather bulky but it is nice to have a mirror and applicator for on-the-go. One thing to note is that the color seems to be a touch deeper than labeled. I chose the medium shade and think that I would have preferred the light-medium shade. Not a huge difference but something to keep in mind. It doesn't keep my face entirely matte all day but then again nothing really does, as long as I blot my face it looks good. Overall, I would repurchase this again as it seems to be one of the very few drugstore powder foundations that have really good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really good.
A lovely, fine textured, matte setting and finishing powder, softly scented and luxuriously soft to apply. It sets my foundation well and leaves a velvety matte finish that prevents shine for a good 4 hours on me. I like to apply this with my Real Techniques blush brush, as it's really easy to sweep under eyes and apply around my nose, forehead and hair line.
This comes in a standard Milani compact, which I have to admit, is not my favourite. It's too bulky and there's a lot of wasted space for the useless brush under the actual powder pan. But it does come with a gorgeous lace embossed pattern, which slowly disappears with use.
I use Light Medium and it's quite pale, so I might get Medium to swap out for summer, depending on how much colour I pick up (hopefully not too much!).
Will definitely purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. The color selection is pretty limited (8 shades). I got this in "light tan" and it was a perfect match for me. I recommend getting one shade lighter, since this oxidizes. This doesn't control oil and lasted about 2 hours. This gives a nice semi-matte finish to it. The packaging is bulky. The pattern in the front of the compact when you first use it is elegant, I admit. I don't use the puff that comes with it. The coverage is light-medium. It didn't break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another drug store waste. Since it was cheap I tried it. I'm not quite sure what all the hype is about. The coverage is very average. My skin is oily and I was shiny after a couple of hours. Not many color choices. The compact broke the day after I bought it. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have this in shade 01 Light and I am NW20. It's still a tad too dark on me. It's a nice finishing powder and blotting powder, but for anything else its so-so. I started using it for contouring to use it up at this point. It's an okay powder, nothing special.

I am more annoyed with the packaging that anything else. The packaging is very bulky and takes up so much room but its also very cheap. Mine broke already after 3 months. The top clear part that you can see the product through in the compact just popped out one day. I am by now means rough with my things and this surprised me.

I cannot fix it, I have tried many times, so now it cannot be in my bag and that was why I got it. It has a mirror in the bottom compartment and a poof. I am glad I found it for 75% off and wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by aleyj22

This is exactly what I was looking for makes me skin flawless ...I love it