April 17, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My cousin left this at my house after Christmas, and I started testing it (being my curious self). All I can say is: Wow. It cleanses so gently and leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft. The scent is fabulous; it smells like something seedy and natural and sweet <3 It works much better than my Olay Moisture Balancing Face Wash, which happens to just break me out when all I want is to love it. Plus, I've started putting some makeup on my face (only concealer, haha) and it removes it well c: Oh, and the bonus? It's 86% natural. Love it so much; definitely recommend it to people struggling with acne and/or have normal to oily skin, because after reading the reviews, it seems that this doesn't agree with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sounded like it would be perfect for me: I have dryer skin, prefer facial cleansers to makeup removing wipes, but often find that makeup cleansers strip my skin really badly. I liked that this was supposedly natural as well. So here's my review...

-It has a fresh green apple scent - a bit artificial in my opinion, but fairly pleasant.

-It removed my makeup well, and I didn't have to tug at my skin to get it off.

HOWEVER. My skin has never felt more painfully dry as it did after I used this. Even when I applied heaps of moisturiser it still felt tight and dry. I used this for nearly a week in the hopes that it would work, but each time my skin dried out more and I ended up with dry patches around my nose and forehead - not attractive!

I also disliked how I couldn't use this anywhere near my eyes - if I accidentally touched the tiniest speck near my eyes, it was horrendously painful. I get that it's not specifically eye-makeup remover, but come on, your eyes are right bang in the middle of your face, and it can be really hard to avoid getting a face cleanser near them sometimes!

I so wanted this to work, but sadly I've had to stop using it on my face - it's now being used as a handwash in the bathroom (and I still find it fairly drying for that too!).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by channicedervall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DO NOT BUY THIS!! CAUSED A HUGE REACTION FROM THE INGREDIENTS!!
I am very much into using products without parabens, sulfates and other harmful chemicals. I checked the back of the packaging and all the ingredients seemed safe, none stood out to me as having had come up in my research of harmful ingredients to look out for. After the first time using it i had a MAJOR reaction of puffy, red, itchy eyes and skin all over my face, which resulted in not being able to wear makeup, wash my face with any product r even moisturise for days without intense burning and irritation!!
I would just like to add that I used many average, cheap skincare products for years before swapping to a more natural range, and have never even had a reaction from those. I will not buy this again, or anything else from their naturals range which im sure is NOT natural if this reaction was caused. Whatever they're using instead of parabens and chemicals is far worse in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 7th (or so?) bottle of this and my skin happens to love it. In the past, I couldn't find a cleanser that removed makeup efficiently AND kept me from irritating my somewhat sensitive skin. While I am acne prone, I would classify my breakouts as hormonal-related. Up until that time of the month, this keeps my skin happy and clean at the end of each day. It cleanses off my foundation and lathers nicely with a warm washcloth. The only thing I need extra work on is removing my mascara - but that's just how my mascara is.

I use this at night and Oxy 10% BP cleanser in the a.m. and the combo of the two really help keep my skin clear. This cleanser does not make my face feel dry, but I can see where others claim it does for them. As with every cleanser, a moisturizer should always be applied after. For reference, I use the night cream that's also in the Naturals line (love that too!). Though it's nothing organic, per se, I like Neutrogena's efforts in simplifying the ingredients as seen in their Naturals line. I don't feel guilty using this because it doesn't contain sulfates, petrochemicals, etc as listed on the bottle.

On the flip side, for a product which aims to be "natural", they did add fragrance to this. I'd describe it as a green apple scent, but it is not offensive - at least for me. The cleanser is a creamy-liquid consistency with a pearly-white appearance. It doesn't appear they've tried to add any colors or anything of the sort. One may compare it to Philosophy's Purity cleanser - which I've used and it made me break out ridiculously! This is better and more wallet-friendly.

Alas, the packaging. The bottle is something I happen to like quite a lot. The cap locks with a simple twist, so if you're someone on the go and want to pack this, you can be assured this won't open and spill all over your bag. The bottle is simple with straightforward text describing the derivatives of the ingredients as well as what the cleanser was designed to do.

I think it's a great cleanser that should be recognized by more people. After all, repurchasing my 7th bottle should tell you something!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While this did remove makeup, it also seemed to irritate my skin and also possibly be the cause of some breakouts. Plus the smell is gross and even triggered migraines.I gave it many chances and weeks but alas, it was a dud. To the trash it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xSki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this cleanser for over a year now (and will continue to use it) and it's great for those who wear MINIMAL base/eye makeup who don't want to spend the extra time removing their makeup then actually cleansing their face. It comes out through a pump (yay!) in a creamy white consistency and smells like green apples. It does not irritate the eyes and does a nice job on removing makeup while making my face clean. Packaging is simple and not over embellished. This could work for any skin type because it doesn't dry out or add to much moisture to the skin. My skin is also really sensitive/acne-prone and it has never broken me out or given me a rash like many other products.

Bottom line: If you want an all-in-one makeup removing cleanser and wear light makeup, then this is for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I've only used this twice, but it does a good job! It smells lovely. It's a creamy cleanser, it's better and doesn't dry like the gel cleansers. It removes make up better than most cleansers. I don't normally use neutrogena, but this one is good. I'm taking off a lippie because it's pretty expensive for the size it's in. It's about $8-$9 at Walmart. Hopefully it works out as I continue to use it but at this point, keeping it a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does a great job at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft, not tight or dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Mimivivle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am very happy and am in love with this cleanser!!
This is a product that I would highly recommend because it is perfect to use daily, for normal and/or combination skin! It's very gentle and it makes my skin feel like it's being cleansed with ingredients that are friendly and kind to the skin. It is lightly scented, and it smells very pleasant! My skin feels very soft, pure, cleansed, and supple after each use in the morning and at night!

P.S. If your skin type is combination, where you are oily on your nose and/or other areas, you can still use this product, just try to incorporate an oil-absorbing mask that you can once or twice a week on those areas to balance out your skin! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Dafne6

Hello everybody!!! I am new here and not English native speaker, but Italian, so forgive my mistakes.
Anyways: OMG this product literally burns my eyes!!! It is ok in the face but if even a little drop of it goes into my eyes it stings like hell and I start watering, what an awful experience! It's like pouring pure soap in your eyes...
In the rest of the face is fine to me, so I will finish the bottle, but will never buy it again!
In the end, looking at the INCI you can see it is not even that natural.