September 16, 2014 | 2004 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser. I tend to double cleanse & will use this to remove all of my makeup first. Luckily, it's never burned or broken out my skin. I'm on my third bottle. One pump is all I need. It is a bit pricey, though you can catch it on sale at Walgreens or CVS. The packaging could be better, I've always had a bit of an issue with Neutrogena cleansers & their pumps. Sometimes they jam or just don't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please do not purchase this on the assumption that this will replace your eye makeup remover. Despite the claim that the solution is "developed for gentle eye area," this will definitely make your eyes burn if you place this near your eyes. I don't know if this was formulated for waterproof eye make up or not, but it does not remove waterproof mascara at all.

Overall I didn't think this cleanser was anything special. It does its job and cleanses the face but it definitely dried out my face a lot more compared to other cleansers I have used. I personally will not repurchase after I finish the bottle because I can find a cheap alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Jinsoh

I have been using this cleanser for about two years. I like the scent, I like that there are no parabens or SLSs in the cleanser, and I like that it removes face and eye makeup well. My boyfriend can also use the cleanser without any qualms, so it is a good purchase. Would definitely rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it for almost $15, I decided to try it out because I liked that scrub on the same line but this made me break out very badly and I think the makeup remover + cleanser is too harsh for my skin. And it didn't say if it was non comedogenic or what. I gave it to my mom and went back to my cetaphil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, so good! I bought this as a makeup remover, to replace my beloved Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes. Those babies really got every bit of makeup off (and I wear a LOT) but after years of using them, I think rubbing the wipes around my eyes broke down my collagen. I wanted to find a creamy, makeup dissolving product that I wouldn't have to rub in.

This products does all that it says it does! It removes my makeup without stripping my skin's moisture or leaving a residue. I thought I would still need a separate cleanser after using this because my skin will break out from most products unless it's cleansed off completely afterwards- but nope! This is enough to keep my skin happy.

The cleanser/makeup remover has a lotion-like consistency and lathers up well, without becoming foaming. The lack of sulfates makes it not too drying. It dissolves my makeup well, although I don't use anything waterproof so I can't comment on that. But I do wear a full face of makeup every day and this takes it off well.

For reference, I have oily, acne-prone skin that is sensitive to many ingredients. I recently started using retinoids, so my skin has been flaky, dry, and sensitive in some spots. This products hasn't aggravated or irritated my skin at all.

I would happily recommend this to anyone looking to buy an all-in-one product that cleanses and removed makeup so that you can skip a step. It saves money and time. It's also great for anyone who likes simple ingredients, like I do, which is hard to find these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My cousin left this at my house after Christmas, and I started testing it (being my curious self). All I can say is: Wow. It cleanses so gently and leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft. The scent is fabulous; it smells like something seedy and natural and sweet <3 It works much better than my Olay Moisture Balancing Face Wash, which happens to just break me out when all I want is to love it. Plus, I've started putting some makeup on my face (only concealer, haha) and it removes it well c: Oh, and the bonus? It's 86% natural. Love it so much; definitely recommend it to people struggling with acne and/or have normal to oily skin, because after reading the reviews, it seems that this doesn't agree with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sounded like it would be perfect for me: I have dryer skin, prefer facial cleansers to makeup removing wipes, but often find that makeup cleansers strip my skin really badly. I liked that this was supposedly natural as well. So here's my review...

-It has a fresh green apple scent - a bit artificial in my opinion, but fairly pleasant.

-It removed my makeup well, and I didn't have to tug at my skin to get it off.

HOWEVER. My skin has never felt more painfully dry as it did after I used this. Even when I applied heaps of moisturiser it still felt tight and dry. I used this for nearly a week in the hopes that it would work, but each time my skin dried out more and I ended up with dry patches around my nose and forehead - not attractive!

I also disliked how I couldn't use this anywhere near my eyes - if I accidentally touched the tiniest speck near my eyes, it was horrendously painful. I get that it's not specifically eye-makeup remover, but come on, your eyes are right bang in the middle of your face, and it can be really hard to avoid getting a face cleanser near them sometimes!

I so wanted this to work, but sadly I've had to stop using it on my face - it's now being used as a handwash in the bathroom (and I still find it fairly drying for that too!).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by channicedervall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DO NOT BUY THIS!! CAUSED A HUGE REACTION FROM THE INGREDIENTS!!
I am very much into using products without parabens, sulfates and other harmful chemicals. I checked the back of the packaging and all the ingredients seemed safe, none stood out to me as having had come up in my research of harmful ingredients to look out for. After the first time using it i had a MAJOR reaction of puffy, red, itchy eyes and skin all over my face, which resulted in not being able to wear makeup, wash my face with any product r even moisturise for days without intense burning and irritation!!
I would just like to add that I used many average, cheap skincare products for years before swapping to a more natural range, and have never even had a reaction from those. I will not buy this again, or anything else from their naturals range which im sure is NOT natural if this reaction was caused. Whatever they're using instead of parabens and chemicals is far worse in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 7th (or so?) bottle of this and my skin happens to love it. In the past, I couldn't find a cleanser that removed makeup efficiently AND kept me from irritating my somewhat sensitive skin. While I am acne prone, I would classify my breakouts as hormonal-related. Up until that time of the month, this keeps my skin happy and clean at the end of each day. It cleanses off my foundation and lathers nicely with a warm washcloth. The only thing I need extra work on is removing my mascara - but that's just how my mascara is.

I use this at night and Oxy 10% BP cleanser in the a.m. and the combo of the two really help keep my skin clear. This cleanser does not make my face feel dry, but I can see where others claim it does for them. As with every cleanser, a moisturizer should always be applied after. For reference, I use the night cream that's also in the Naturals line (love that too!). Though it's nothing organic, per se, I like Neutrogena's efforts in simplifying the ingredients as seen in their Naturals line. I don't feel guilty using this because it doesn't contain sulfates, petrochemicals, etc as listed on the bottle.

On the flip side, for a product which aims to be "natural", they did add fragrance to this. I'd describe it as a green apple scent, but it is not offensive - at least for me. The cleanser is a creamy-liquid consistency with a pearly-white appearance. It doesn't appear they've tried to add any colors or anything of the sort. One may compare it to Philosophy's Purity cleanser - which I've used and it made me break out ridiculously! This is better and more wallet-friendly.

Alas, the packaging. The bottle is something I happen to like quite a lot. The cap locks with a simple twist, so if you're someone on the go and want to pack this, you can be assured this won't open and spill all over your bag. The bottle is simple with straightforward text describing the derivatives of the ingredients as well as what the cleanser was designed to do.

I think it's a great cleanser that should be recognized by more people. After all, repurchasing my 7th bottle should tell you something!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While this did remove makeup, it also seemed to irritate my skin and also possibly be the cause of some breakouts. Plus the smell is gross and even triggered migraines.I gave it many chances and weeks but alas, it was a dud. To the trash it went.