October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am breaking out like crazy after using this product for four days. Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have purchased this product 3 times now and I've had a positive experience with it each time. I read some other reviews about this product saying it dries people's skin out and/or burns their eyes. I have acne prone skin, and I never had any skin irritation with this cleanser, but those of you with very sensitive skin may have a different experience based on what I've read from other people with sensitive skin. As far as burning of the eyes goes, of course your eyes will burn if you open them while applying this cleanser to your eye area. This is not a substitute for the eye makeup remover you use on dry skin with a cotton ball. This cleanser is safe to use around the eye area on wet skin while your eyes are closed. I would still recommend using an eye makeup remover and makeup removing towelette before washing your face with this cleanser so you can remove the most amount of makeup possible. I use very stubborn waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and when I have used other makeup removing cleansers in the past, I still had raccoon eyes when I got out of the shower. This cleanser removes any residue of my stubborn makeup completely. The price is a bonus as well, and many times Neutrogena products are on sale at drugstores. Everyone's skin is different, but overall I have had success with this cleanser and will continue to purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- Price ($6.99)
- 86% naturally derived
- Easy to use
- Does not cause any breakouts
- Removes make-up well (but still have to use toner afterwards)
- Nice packaging
Cons:
- Very strong scent (apple)
- VERY DRYING (My face gets very red, with red patches after using this cleanser)
- Can not be used near eyes (it will sting otherwise).
Buttom line: If it does not burn your face, this cleanser is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser. I tend to double cleanse & will use this to remove all of my makeup first. Luckily, it's never burned or broken out my skin. I'm on my third bottle. One pump is all I need. It is a bit pricey, though you can catch it on sale at Walgreens or CVS. The packaging could be better, I've always had a bit of an issue with Neutrogena cleansers & their pumps. Sometimes they jam or just don't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please do not purchase this on the assumption that this will replace your eye makeup remover. Despite the claim that the solution is "developed for gentle eye area," this will definitely make your eyes burn if you place this near your eyes. I don't know if this was formulated for waterproof eye make up or not, but it does not remove waterproof mascara at all.

Overall I didn't think this cleanser was anything special. It does its job and cleanses the face but it definitely dried out my face a lot more compared to other cleansers I have used. I personally will not repurchase after I finish the bottle because I can find a cheap alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Jinsoh

I have been using this cleanser for about two years. I like the scent, I like that there are no parabens or SLSs in the cleanser, and I like that it removes face and eye makeup well. My boyfriend can also use the cleanser without any qualms, so it is a good purchase. Would definitely rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it for almost $15, I decided to try it out because I liked that scrub on the same line but this made me break out very badly and I think the makeup remover + cleanser is too harsh for my skin. And it didn't say if it was non comedogenic or what. I gave it to my mom and went back to my cetaphil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, so good! I bought this as a makeup remover, to replace my beloved Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes. Those babies really got every bit of makeup off (and I wear a LOT) but after years of using them, I think rubbing the wipes around my eyes broke down my collagen. I wanted to find a creamy, makeup dissolving product that I wouldn't have to rub in.

This products does all that it says it does! It removes my makeup without stripping my skin's moisture or leaving a residue. I thought I would still need a separate cleanser after using this because my skin will break out from most products unless it's cleansed off completely afterwards- but nope! This is enough to keep my skin happy.

The cleanser/makeup remover has a lotion-like consistency and lathers up well, without becoming foaming. The lack of sulfates makes it not too drying. It dissolves my makeup well, although I don't use anything waterproof so I can't comment on that. But I do wear a full face of makeup every day and this takes it off well.

For reference, I have oily, acne-prone skin that is sensitive to many ingredients. I recently started using retinoids, so my skin has been flaky, dry, and sensitive in some spots. This products hasn't aggravated or irritated my skin at all.

I would happily recommend this to anyone looking to buy an all-in-one product that cleanses and removed makeup so that you can skip a step. It saves money and time. It's also great for anyone who likes simple ingredients, like I do, which is hard to find these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My cousin left this at my house after Christmas, and I started testing it (being my curious self). All I can say is: Wow. It cleanses so gently and leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft. The scent is fabulous; it smells like something seedy and natural and sweet <3 It works much better than my Olay Moisture Balancing Face Wash, which happens to just break me out when all I want is to love it. Plus, I've started putting some makeup on my face (only concealer, haha) and it removes it well c: Oh, and the bonus? It's 86% natural. Love it so much; definitely recommend it to people struggling with acne and/or have normal to oily skin, because after reading the reviews, it seems that this doesn't agree with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sounded like it would be perfect for me: I have dryer skin, prefer facial cleansers to makeup removing wipes, but often find that makeup cleansers strip my skin really badly. I liked that this was supposedly natural as well. So here's my review...

-It has a fresh green apple scent - a bit artificial in my opinion, but fairly pleasant.

-It removed my makeup well, and I didn't have to tug at my skin to get it off.

HOWEVER. My skin has never felt more painfully dry as it did after I used this. Even when I applied heaps of moisturiser it still felt tight and dry. I used this for nearly a week in the hopes that it would work, but each time my skin dried out more and I ended up with dry patches around my nose and forehead - not attractive!

I also disliked how I couldn't use this anywhere near my eyes - if I accidentally touched the tiniest speck near my eyes, it was horrendously painful. I get that it's not specifically eye-makeup remover, but come on, your eyes are right bang in the middle of your face, and it can be really hard to avoid getting a face cleanser near them sometimes!

I so wanted this to work, but sadly I've had to stop using it on my face - it's now being used as a handwash in the bathroom (and I still find it fairly drying for that too!).