September 15, 2014 | 1851 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Professional Pro-x Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kind1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used the cleanser once, but I found it a bit too harsh for my ultra-sensitive skin. Perhaps I need a scrub (albeit it's referred to as a cleanser) with less "scrubbies" or granules. I'm also very sensitive to various scents and odors, and even though it doesn't have any fragrance, it had a slight chemical smell (perhaps due to there being no actual fragrance added) when using it. I may just do better with a daily AHA (alpha hydroxy) product. Just an fyi when looking for an AHA or BHA (beta hydroxy - salicylic) product that the AHA or BHA should have a high enough percentage and the pH (potential of hydrogen) should be low enough to possibly allow for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by JLomas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this because it's a gentle enough cleanser for daily use, with or without the brush. Fresh smell and well priced - a bonus!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I usually can't use any exfoliating cleansers because it aggravates my skin. I use this in conjunction with the olay pro x cleansing brush and within a couple of days I noticed all of the little bumps that have been on my face since I developed adult acne in my early twenties were disappearing! I was afraid this would be temporary and my skin would become irritated and act up the way it always does when something seems to work, but I'm on week three using it twice a day and my skin has only gotten better!

***update***
Yeah, so my rating has to drop for this one. My brush died. Not the batteries to state the obvious. Was kind of doing this shorting out thing. I needed to hold the button in to use it and after a while it began to work on it's own. Then one day it just stopped all together. Not too heartbroken though because it was beginning to make my cystic acne a lot worse. I think it was too abrasive for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I am not a fan for a few reason but i can see why others like it.This is a clear gel with gritty bits in i.I don't like the gel it just feels incredibly oily when it on my skin and the gritty bits don't come off easily on my skin.I just don't like the work required to get my face completely clean of the product and it residue.If my skin was less sensitive i would really like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love getting two tubes of this from costco for about 12$$ which is amazingly cheap since this is a gentle exfoliant it doesnt break me out (: thanks olay for kkeeping me young

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Libbystroyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. I had been using the Clarisonic brush for about 6 months and loving the results when I purchased this cleanser on its own at the drug store. Wow. I will warn you that my skin had a purge for about a week and then since that time, it is even more flawless. It's like it was designed to be used with the Clarisonic. I am a 36 year old who has struggled with Rosacea for 10 years and I feel my skin has never looked better than it does now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product ! Im 19 and my skin was dry and I had large pores on my checks and black heads but after using this product after 3weeks my pores are so much smaller and my black heads are almost gone not to mention my skin is much more supple :D.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I don't understand the hype. I got a free sample tube of this with my cleansing brush but I only use it when I travel and need a little travel sized cleanser. It doesn't feel like anything special. The granules are very mild but I am used to St Ives which is pretty rough (which I like). It reminds me of Cetaphil with a fine grain to it. I need a strong cleanser though--I like L'oreal's 360 for oily skin or Cuticura soap. This just isn't it for me--I don't recommend for someone with oily skin that needs a lot of cell turnover to stay clear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by powerhemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff ROCKS !!!!! I purchased this cleanser about 2 months ago on it's own without any powered brush< the lady at the cosmetic dept convinced me that it would'nt make a difference ti use it without the brush she said the massaging action of my fingers would give the same effect. WRONG, I saw on the shopping channel about a month ago the clarisonic brush for a remarkable deal after seeing remarkable reviews on it on the internet I decided to go for it and purchase it< after getting it home I then decided to go back out and repurchase the olay pro x renewing cleanser and I am sooo happy that I did, using tha clarisonic brush (or the olay one) makes all the difference with this cleanser< it smooths old acne scaring and shrinks pores in an instant, I love this cleanser, please don't take it away Proctor and Gamble. Not heavily scented, foams up like nobody's business and you only need a small amount, it also rices super smooth and clean, absolutly no residue left behind. I have used many really expensive cleansers, this is hands down the best when used with the clarisonic brush(white one) thank you olay.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This exfoliates nicely, but it irritates my skin. For people with less sensitive skin, I'm sure it's fine, but I can't use it, since I develop red bumps about a day after use. I've used the Olay Advanced Cleansing System brush with other cleansers (like mild Eucerin gel cleanser), so I don't think the battery-powered brush is causing the problem. This product also seems expensive for what it is.