December 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

One of my favorite looks is bold bottom lashes, and I love that a brand has finally created a good product for defining bottom lashes. I've used Clinique eyeliner before, and liked it, so I'm not totally new to the brand. I heard about the mascara before, but reading reviews on makeupalley assured me that this product was not just a gimmick. First off, the mascara itself is tiny. But that's okay. The brush is tiny, like the size of a tictac, but tapered. It does grab lower lashes like Clinique claims. I really do adore the packaging. The cap is silver with a "C" embossed on top, and the bottle is grey with silver outlines of flowers. So pretty! The formula is a bit wet, but it's very manageable. I prefer a slightly wet formula to a dry one. Also, the price is a big plus. Yes, it's a tiny mascara, but it's for bottom lashes only, so I can see it lasting awhile. $10 for non-drugstore mascara is really inexpensive. So if you too love bold lower lashes, but have been afraid of this product being a gimmick, trust me, it's not!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Thought this would help with my thin, sparse, fragile, short bottom lashes, but it just made a mess. Tiny brush looks like it could do the job but found I had to go so slowly that it made me nuts. Had a better effect with regular mascara wand with narrow brush (like Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No big deal. It was fun in the beginning but in all honesty it's not a HG product. For starters it dried out really quickly and although it was easy to apply it just did not deliver the wow factor. A normal full brush applicator provides more volume than this tiny stick. Underwhelming. I don't see any of the YouTube gurus using it anymore. All hype.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for the lower lashes. Stayingpower was good and the brush was perfect. It did dry out faster than I expected, 3 months. I think I will continue using my regular mascara when I am done with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so I thought this was just another gimmicky product that I really didn't need to have in my life - famous last words! I caved in and purchased this - the price on my side of the world NZ/Aus $40.00 a bit ridiculous really for what it is - But:

It works, the teeny weeny cutie-pie brush is the best thing for doing your lower lashes, coats them nicely and evenly without making a mess, colour is true black and lasts all day. As you only need such a minimal amount this little tube should last quite awhile. The formula is a bit of a wet formula so just need to be careful to do no blinking but it does seem to dry fast.

Yes it is another product to add to the zillions of other things we apply but it is fun to have so I will probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect product I've needed ever since I started wearing mascara. Putting mascara on your bottom lashes with those huge volumizing wands can be messy, in my experience. Of course, you can buy just a small disposable wand or whatever and use that with your regular mascara. But Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara does not smudge at all, which is really important for avoiding a racoon eye look. The concept is cute and the product is also pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaKay

I have a problem with mascara migration but not with this bad boy. The small brush is super adorable and I can be sure that when I use it I won't look like a panda/racoon by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect little item to get those small bottom lashes! Genius! I never knew how badly I needed this until I had it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this with a GWP package. I fully admit that I am not handy with mascara and I have not had much luck with a number of brands. They either flake or give me panda eyes.

I like the brush with this mascara. It is very small and I find it handy to use on my upper lashes to get it into the edges and really bring out the length of my lashes. When I use larger brushes, I tend it get it everywhere and it clumps.

After using this for a couple of months, I don't find it flakes. I have experienced smudging once, but I was very active. I'm not sure I would use this in humid weather. I'm not sure it is waterproof.

PROS: Easy to use brush, great for detailing lashes, decent price for Clinique product, no flaking, formula is easy to apply to lashes

CONS: Smudged on me in warmer weather- may not be waterproof, which I would prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I really didn't like this. It was so gloopy and just got all over my skin. I felt like I was wasting so much product having to blot the tip of the brush off. But then after a couple weeks it dried up a little bit and started applying way better. It's the perfect length for lower lashes, and builds easily. I think the thing that made me keep using this even through the goopy stages is that it does not budge! I have super oily skin and usually my mascaras always give me raccoon eyes. But I noticed every time I was wearing this on my lower lashes that I never had to wipe under my eyes. It seems to be only removed by water, so its very easily taken off in the shower with no make up remover. I liked it so much I've bought another one.