October 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so I thought this was just another gimmicky product that I really didn't need to have in my life - famous last words! I caved in and purchased this - the price on my side of the world NZ/Aus $40.00 a bit ridiculous really for what it is - But:

It works, the teeny weeny cutie-pie brush is the best thing for doing your lower lashes, coats them nicely and evenly without making a mess, colour is true black and lasts all day. As you only need such a minimal amount this little tube should last quite awhile. The formula is a bit of a wet formula so just need to be careful to do no blinking but it does seem to dry fast.

Yes it is another product to add to the zillions of other things we apply but it is fun to have so I will probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect product I've needed ever since I started wearing mascara. Putting mascara on your bottom lashes with those huge volumizing wands can be messy, in my experience. Of course, you can buy just a small disposable wand or whatever and use that with your regular mascara. But Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara does not smudge at all, which is really important for avoiding a racoon eye look. The concept is cute and the product is also pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaKay

I have a problem with mascara migration but not with this bad boy. The small brush is super adorable and I can be sure that when I use it I won't look like a panda/racoon by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A long while back, my friend and I were at Sephora when I came across this little gem in the checkout line. I was curious, and at $12 CAN it would hardly break the bank to give it a try.
My friend scoffed and told me that it was a money-grab for a job that could easily be done with an old mascara.
And I am so glad I ignored her.

I love this mascara!
I have red hair with light blonde eyebrows and eyelashes which tend to wash me out if I'm not wearing mascara. But there is one problem! Mascara wands are often too chunky to reach my bottom lashes at the root and often leave a mess of smudges in their wake when I try.

What I love about Clinique's bottom lash mascara is that it can get in those hard-to-maneuver areas without leaving behind any smudges. The result is a wide, doe-eyed look that is totally easy for my clumsy hands to achieve.

$12 well spent (and I made sure to tell my friend as much)!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect little item to get those small bottom lashes! Genius! I never knew how badly I needed this until I had it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this with a GWP package. I fully admit that I am not handy with mascara and I have not had much luck with a number of brands. They either flake or give me panda eyes.

I like the brush with this mascara. It is very small and I find it handy to use on my upper lashes to get it into the edges and really bring out the length of my lashes. When I use larger brushes, I tend it get it everywhere and it clumps.

After using this for a couple of months, I don't find it flakes. I have experienced smudging once, but I was very active. I'm not sure I would use this in humid weather. I'm not sure it is waterproof.

PROS: Easy to use brush, great for detailing lashes, decent price for Clinique product, no flaking, formula is easy to apply to lashes

CONS: Smudged on me in warmer weather- may not be waterproof, which I would prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I really didn't like this. It was so gloopy and just got all over my skin. I felt like I was wasting so much product having to blot the tip of the brush off. But then after a couple weeks it dried up a little bit and started applying way better. It's the perfect length for lower lashes, and builds easily. I think the thing that made me keep using this even through the goopy stages is that it does not budge! I have super oily skin and usually my mascaras always give me raccoon eyes. But I noticed every time I was wearing this on my lower lashes that I never had to wipe under my eyes. It seems to be only removed by water, so its very easily taken off in the shower with no make up remover. I liked it so much I've bought another one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Underwhelming. It does its job as a mascara, but I can use other mascaras that I already used for the upper lashes for this. It does not smudge, but it also does not stun. I find it unnecessary to purchase solely for this. It takes much longer to apply due to the dry texture of the formula and I am not going to repurchase as I am already nearing the end of this lackluster tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Black/brown is too light....had to throw it out after a few uses. Black is better. The little brush will be exasperating to those who have mastered how to apply to bottom lashes using a normal full-sized brushes. The formula becomes flaky in the tube much faster than a couple of Clinique`s other formulas and therefore goes on as little dotty flakes after just a few uses, instead of going on smoothly.

Know how to read Clinique`s manufacturing date codes so that you don`t get a tube made too long ago. Despite Clnique claiming that unopened makeup keeps its consistency for 3 years, and thus they will sell you makeup made up to 3 years ago, know how to read the code and how to therefore how to insist on getting a tube that is less than a year old. I got two tubes -- one was over a year old and the formula was already dried and flaky compared to the newer tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Jeship1988

The small brush works well for my bottom lashes. I found out that you only need to use 1 coat, any more will smudge.