July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I was intrigued by this becuz of the Argan Oil, plus it was on sale. The scent is nice and light. However, this broke me out badly every time i wore this and it would take a couple days for my skin to go back to normal. I'm not sure if it's the argan oil that i'm allergic to or not (I have no bad reaction to tea tree oil...so....*shrugs*). It says it's formulated for dry/sensitive skin - go figure!I have relegated this to a body moisturizer. Also, the packaging isn't the greatest. The cap doesn't seem to screw on securely and you really have to tighten it quite hard so it doesn't just loosen. Not great for travelling i'd assume. Would not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only moisturiser that I have bought and have had to stop using. I was tempted by the offer my local shop had on, so I bought this and it was a complete waste of money. I bought the dry/sensitive one and it didn't moisturise my skin at all. It just sat on top of it and made it feel really tacky and horrible. In the end I had to go out and buy more moisturiser which was a big waste of money! If you have dry skin, like I do, then I would choose nivea soft instead, as it is cheaper and works better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have really been enjoying this cream, I was looking for a moisturiser that didn't have any silicones and this one seemed like a reasonable choice, that wasn't too expensive.
It has a great gel-cream texture that sinks into the skin and allows for easy make-up application. It keeps the skin hydrated during the day and hasn't so far, caused any breakouts or irritations.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Vanessaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream. It feels expensive. It's not too thick- not too thin. I gave it 4 lippies because it doesn't have SPF which is a bummer as i only ever use morning mositruizers with SPF, so i have to use a sunscreen spray before applying,

i would recommend and purchase again. the price is great for what you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by notaprincez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive and dry skin and I've been using this for almost a month and it's being doing really well.
Leaves your skin soft, smooth and hydrated. Been really hapy with it!!

The only problem I had with it was that one day I had a bit of sun burn on my face and when I put it on my face, it stang like mad, because it has parfume and alcohol in it :( that's why it lost one lippy from me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sure this stuff will moisterise very well and cause few irritations - it's Nivea. But I find it odd that something that advertises itself as "Pure and Natural" would choose to smell like a 19th century courtesan's boudoir.

Seriously, I'm not normally bothered by fragrance - I typically stop noticing after a couple of minutes. But this stuff stinks to high heaven! There's a cloud of fragrance all around me! *coughcoughcough*

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a few days, but so far it's working really well for me. It's got a gel-like consistency, which took a bit of getting used to - a dab will do all of your face. Leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth without being sticky or coated. Doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to sink in. Smells great, quite light and fresh (very un-Nivea like, a shame as I love the smell of the cream in the blue tub). Hasn't caused any tight patches or break outs. I don't think this would be very good for really dry skin (maybe if it's humid, as opposed to wind etc?) but for my picky, slightly dry combination skin it works well. Dabbing your finger in the glass jar is a bit unhygenic, but most creams are in jars anyway. I got this for 3.20 as an introductory offer, but if it continues to work well I'd repurchase at full price. I love the fact that it works well but is still pretty natural (95%, not too shabby!) and no mineral oils etc. Be warned however, it doesn't do anything dramatic, like add a glow or tighten your skin - it just moisturises, which is what I want from a moisturiser anyway. The fact that it works well without nasty stuff is what really marks it out as a good product.Give it a try!
Edit: After a week or two I noticed an oily texture on my skin and it started to make me break out. I don't know if this is possible but my skin seemed to build a tolerance as it felt dry at the same time, like the cream stopped being absorbed. It's a shame as I loved the idea of it!