December 23, 2014 | 1547 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The fragrance in this is SO strong which is a huge no-no for my very sensitive skin. I always try to avoid skincare products that add fragrance in them since it irritates my skin. So I don't actually use this as a full facial moisturizer, just only in certain spots that need it. I apply a tiny dab on my forehead lines once a night before bed and that's it. It's a large tub so it will definitely last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is freaking AMAZING. I couldn't use it as a full face moisturizer (prob the mineral oil), but it works wonders as an eye/neck/body cream. Even though it didn't work on my face (didn't really have high expectations for this due to my stubborn facial skin) I still rate this 5 stars because of how beautiful and soft this makes me feel every where else. I'm a religious moisturizer after I shower at night and then lightly when I wake up, I can honestly say I've tried probably literally every drugstore lotion known to man and this is the absolute best. It's cheap enough, around $5 depending where you get it, that I continue buying this for my body. It is SO worth a try. My mom is allergic to nearly everything and she said even though it gave her a rash, her skin still felt awesome! lol. I was previously using PONDS Crema S for an eye and neck cream, because that's the only places it would work on me, and the St. Ives blew this out of the water by a long shot. go to the store now and get a tub!
One more thing, the packaging probably could be more sanitary but if you just take a min to wash your hands it's no big thing. I don't really see anyone saying "Omg I dipped my fingers in the tub and I got severe acne" lol

UPDATE: I CAN use this as a full facial moisturizer after I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (which is pretty popular) I honestly think the mask shrinks my pores up enough to where the St Ives doesn't just pool up in my pores. That's the only way it's worked for me on the entire face. ps I highly recommend the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and to also use it as a spot treatment. It pulls out impurities, and if you have ever gotten a HUGE UGLY red deep skin bump, which we all have, this is amazing at making them come to a head. If you find the mask suits you, you're probably safe to spot treat those over night. I just did it last night for the deepest ugliest cyst and it brought it to a head. I did it again this morning and by noon I was able to get the stuff out. sounds gross but I have never come across something that did this, I had to share!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!! its working like a charm on my forehead lines, and gives my skin a beautiful glow after I use it. I decided to try it after I used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and was impressed with that. I like the easy to use jar it comes in (though I think it could use a sheet of plastic or something you rip off before using, because what's to stop someone from sticking their finger in it in the store?), and the smell is subtle but pleasant. Its not super thick or heavy, but it definitely has body and volume to it. A little dab will do ya - I'm still using product from the inside of the lid - so for the price, you're getting a fantastic amount of a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dst4ever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't start using this product until 8 weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! Initially I was concerned because I have oily skin that is far more oily during the summer. Now, I use this twice daily and I cannot go a day without it. It leaves my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. My skin looks supple and healthy. If you have not tried this moisturizer, you are certainly missing out on a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This mositurizer is excellent for oily or normal skin. It is light and absorbs quickly. The price is so good if you do not object to using a big tub (I do not). I use it on my neck, above my upper lip and undereye area but not on my face because I am acne prone and use mositurizers only on selective areas that do not break out. Althoug the second ingredient is mineral oil, the cream is not a bit oily. The fragrance is mild, milky herbal that I did not find objectional. Many people would find this a highly useful and inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Keijei21

I just picked this up tonight to try. My teacher recommended it because it was found to be the best moisturizer, even better than the high-end stuff. (She also works at a department store in the beauty department for a high-end retailer). She told us about a study they did, which provided this cream as the most effective one. I'll write another review once I've tested it. Side note* look for body lotions with lanolin in it!!! The only one I could find in the drugstore was Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter, which you can get a HUGE bottle for under $5.00!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, the price is amazing... very very affordable at less than $4 a tube. I have the tube version but I know it comes in a tub version as well. I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. It really worked for her and made her skin feel SO soft. I was also drawn to the "collagen" claim as well lol. Unfortunately this did not work out so well for me. It's probably due to the mineral oil in it. Everytime i wore this, it broke me out! I have started using this as a body moisturizer and it seems to be good for that. I wouldn't repurchase this again. I do love the fresh scent though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by regallybrunette12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason this lotion keeps breaking me out. I first used it as an everyday moisturizer.. and it gave me some acne spots. Then i used it as a night time moisturizer and i put it on before i went to sleep.. in the morning i woke up and had white heads or small white pmples (not sure what they're called) everywhere i used it. Now i use it on my neck and it doesnt react there but it kind of sucks that i cant use it on my face. It smells nice, its not that thick and not overly heavy the skin but only negative is that it keeps giving me a reaction. Im sure it would work well for most people though.. maybe it just has an ingredient that my skin doesn't like.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Aima19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG!! I'm never gonna use this again. Worst product ever for acne prone skin. I also have dry skin and oily skin at the same time and I read so many good reviews about it and wanted to try it but broke me out horribly. I just used I twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really was excited about this and had high hopes. When I first picked up this product, I smelled it and it does have a smell and I don't like to use things that have smell, but I thought, "Well, it has collagen-elastin, so I'll get over it." The smell does bother me that much, and no I can't get over it like I thought I could! It also felt greasy and heavy to me. Oh well.