February 1, 2015 | 1690 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Yesterday night was my first time using it, this morning I found my skin smoother and softer, I expect this can help me with my closed acne/pimple, because it contains sort of acid, I used this last night and this morning I found one of my closed pimple transfer to whitened pimple, it is so effective! I'm happy with this!! Will keep using it everyday and update my opinion later to see if it still ok after long use

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer: I am using this elixir on my body, not my face, so this review is for its effects on non-facial skin only. I've been using Paula's Choice 10% AHA Body Revealing Lotion and I love it, but I forgot to bring it for a 2-month trip. So I bought this instead, since it contains a similar percentage of AHA and has a good pH. I use it from the neck down every other day after shower, and one bottle lasted for about 2 months. It felt slightly sticky when I first put it on, but quickly dried to a silky finish. My skin felt noticeably smoother after 2 or 3 uses, although the appearance of my skin didn't change - not that I expected noticeable difference in what my skin looked like within a month. I still like the PC 10% AHA Body Revealing Lotion better because this elixir comes in a transparent bottle that needs to stay away from light and heat, and it does not make my skin as smooth as the PC 10% AHA lotion, the elixir is also not moisturizing at all - I needed to put another moisturizer on after putting this on, and that just means more time and money spent, but the good thing is this elixir doesn't smell as strongly as the PC 10% AHA lotion. Make sure to use a sunscreen if you use this product! AHA makes your skin more sun sensitive. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this elixir and recommend that you use it 2-3 times a week :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I picked this up!! I have been using this for about a month now and my skin has changed drastically. I break out less frequently and I am no longer manually exfoliating everyday. I used to over exfoliate by using St. Ives Apricot Scrub every morning. Not anymore! I now only manually exfoliate once, MAYBE twice a week with my Olay spin brush and my usual Olay refreshing citrus cleanser. I live in Hawaii though, so I am extra careful when going to the beach or just being outside, since the sun is so harsh here. I always wear sunblock on my face and when at the beach I now wear a hat. But the kabuki/geisha look I have while sans makeup (tan body, white face lol) is totally worth the benefits of a smoother, less blemished complexion. I had been suffering from hormonal breakouts around my jawline and chin, even across my forehead.... But they are now much less frequent or severe. Even when I do get a breakout I feel like this elixir helps them heal practically overnight... or at least within a few days. The glycolic acid has a way of really getting deep down into your pores and cleaning them out while exfoliating off any dead skin cells you may have built up. I bought the mini bottle at Walmart for $10 just to try... and I still have about half of that left, even after nightly use for a month. I only need a "smaller than pea" sized amount to cover my whole face and jawline. I really like that the pump allows me to easily get OnlY the amount needed. I have a lot of control with it, no wasting product! Do not apply too much though because I find that applying too much will leave my skin feeling really sticky. Also there is no need, for me, to apply a moisturizer over this... however I do like to use a serum twice a week. I apply this first and the after it has dried completely, add the serum on top for added benefits. I really do love this stuff, It's definitely worth trying it! I will be repurchasing the larger size next time. I am 28 but I want to start preventing aging now. This is the perfect amount of glycolic acid for me at this time in my life. It has 8%, I believe. I did not experience any sensitivity or irritation with this. Maybe a slight tingle the first couple of times I used it. I recommend trying this, especially if you can find the mini version.... it's only $10 for .5 oz. The original 1.7 oz. goes for $24 so you obviously save a little money getting the bigger one. I didn't want to waste money so I tried the mini one first :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when I got pregnant and was told to stop using my Differin retinoid cream. I wanted a non-teratogenic alternative that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and there was an article in Allure about the power of AHAs. I hadn't used an AHA cream since the days when they first came out and they stung like a mofo. This has definitely delivered. I use it every other night followed by a vit C cream in the morning, and I noticed a difference in the smoothness/tone of my skin after just a few weeks of use. Non-irritating (but I am used to retinoids). Great product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really great AHA serum that received a "BEST" from Paula Begoun. I really like this and feel like when I use in combination with the Olay Pro X Retinol my skin looks lovely and clear and fresh the next day.

I am on my second bottle, however I will not continue to repurchase as I wish to transition to cruelty free products. Derma E does a great cruelty free AHA product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This is a fragrance-free AHA serum, and for whatever reason, Olay chose to include mica so it looks slightly shimmery in the bottle however this is not very noticeable when applied to skin, if anything, it looks like a slight sheen. I like that it comes in a pump bottle so it is sanitary and easy to dispense the amount you need.

I use this a few times per week, and it provides all the benefits typical of an AHA : smoother skin, helps with any marks, blemishes or hyperpigmentation, can reduce clogged pores, and help with dryness or flaky skin. It's a thin serum and isn't very hydrating, so I would only recommend this to combination, normal or oily skin. Drier skins will probably do better with a cream or more emollient-based AHA such as Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream. It comes in a 1.7 oz pump bottle which usually lasts me about 7-8 months so it's a good value and is often on sale. I had no issues with irritation, dryness, peeling or any negative effects.

While I like this serum and it works well for my skin, I will not repurchase because Olay tests on animals, and I don't want to keep buying cosmetics from companies that do. AHA products are widely available from many companies that don't test on animals (for example Alpha Hydrox, PC's).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just awful. It went on sticky and left my face feeling so tight. I had to put another moisturizer over it since it felt so tight. It also made me break out and that never happens. I am returning this immediately. Just a terrible product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Two words: Inexpensive Miracle. This past winter has been so dry mixed with a combination of celiac induced eczema had caused a huge flair up on my cheeks. After the rash finally broke, I was left with a plaque type build up that collected and would NOT come off easily. I couldn't wear makeup since it would collect in the scales, and as much as it would flake, it would not flake OFF, despite my gentle exfoliation efforts.

After using some Avene products for a week to treat my eczema and I knew that any treatment would not sting or further irritate me, I set out on the hunt for a gentle, stable glycolic acid. Thanks to Paula Begoun, she recommended this product as one of the best on the market and the most affordable. She was right. Within 4 days, I noticed a HUGE improvement on my cheeks. The plaque was coming off at night with a gentle washcloth scrub, AND it seemed moisturizing enough. By day 6, my skin was so clear looking that I didn't even need foundation anymore, just a touch of concealer here and there. I used this almost every night and it never once bothered me.

The pump is great, there is not much stickiness to the product, low smell and the price was around $30 Canadian (I got it on sale for $25). Paula advises to keep it in a dark cupboard as the bottle is not dark enough for the solution, so that's what I do.

I would TOTALLY repurchase.

(BTW, the Avene I use for my skin issues is the Xeracalm Balm. Its amazing in itself)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by JosieMndza

I tried this product because it was on sale for 7 dollars! And omg I am so glad I did. I suffer from acne and acne scarring. I really don't mind the scarring because that's easily fixed with makeup and the majority of the time they fade pretty fast on their own. My biggest issue with my skin is milia. I HATE when my face is so clear but those damn white bumps are all over my face. When I do my foundation it doesn't look as smooth as I want so I decided to try this out. It's been a week and when I wash my face in the morning the milia is just rolling off my skin. This is seriously heaven sent in a bottle. Plus it makes my skin look really soft and even. It also fades my acne scars really well. It's lightweight not sticky, no fragrance. It's great! When I run out I'll have no issue paying full price knowing that this product does work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aaliyah12

Great serum. Sinks into skin so quickly, non-greasy and wake up to skin that looks much brighter. I have sensitive skin and this has not created any problems. I noticed mild peeling on my nose which I suppose proved that the exfoiliating effect was working. Bought this on offer at half the price. I am not sure if I would pay full price when I run out as it is quite expensive. I will wait for it to come on offer again.