July 28, 2014 | 1175 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I have had acne problems for as long as can remember, and while I have found a number of cleansers, masks and such to help control my acne overall, I could never find a really good spot treatment. I LOVE this one!

I'm sure to some people it good be drying, but my skin is so oily it really does't affect it at all. I automatically see pimples reduced after this product has been on my time for as little as a half hour. I don't even have to use it on pimples that are already popped! The product does look very small, but I promise it lasts a really long time!

The only downside to this product would be that it dries white, so you can't really go anywhere when it's on. I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this or not, but I always put it on before I go to sleep and then wash what remains in the morning off with a warm washcloth.

This is definitely the best treatment I've used to target pimples so far. I really see and feel a change after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by xajaso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in my mid 40's and peri-menopause is wreaking havoc on my complexion. Felt silly buying what looks like a teenager's acne cream but what the heck, I am desperate. So I've been applying this pretty much all over my face, on active breakouts and whopper zits, acne-prone areas, and old acne marks. (I am super pale and spots take forever to fade on my skin) Basically I put a thin layer all over my face at night. From the first time I woke up after using this, I was astonished. All my acne was calmed, from active blemishes to old marks....all faded. Big pimples, deflated and healing! Another odd effect I noticed: my skin was completely mattified, smooth, and brightened as if I'd used a Vitamin C cream or Arbutin mask. WOW! Normally I wake up to an oil slick, partly because I apply creams at night, partly because I am oily again, with teenage skin at midlife. This keeps me so matte and smooth I am wearing it on my T-zone all day long, finally keeping the middle of my face matte and feeling clean. I am going to buy several tubes of this in case they d/c it like several of my other beloved skincare products. I have used Salicylic Acid treatments many times over the years, not sure what is different about this one. I have also used/am using Retin A and other retinoid forms, vitamin C creams and serums, hyaluronic acid serums, benzoyl peroxide, whitening kojic and arbutin...I try everything. I assume my skin is fairly strong and resistant as I am never irritated. Hope this continues working, off to get more!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This does absolutely nothing...waste of $$.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

It's rare for me, but when a giant shows up and I pop it I do reach for this. This product does what it claims, my zit becomes smaller and less red overnight. I love that in a product, but it leaves a scar! I know popping a pimple leaves a scar, but this leaves a bigger scar than it should be and it's really dark!
When I removed the paste in the morning, the skin on the pimple was peeling off. Either it will peel off a thin layer or it will peel of a large layer and then I will bleed. Either way, it leaves a scar.
I would only use this product in an emergency, like a special event the night day, I will just cover up the scar with foundation. But I will avoid completely, I don't need anymore acne scars.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sadly, this did absolutely nothing for my popped pimples and if you check out Paula B's review for it - you'll see that it actually irritates the skin :(
I wanted it to work as I loved the fact that it dried over the skin and stayed put - so I didn't have to see or touch the popped pimple. (out of sight, out of mind).
As far as clearing pimples and reducing the red marks left behind - my favorite product for this at the moment is Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

I just woke up from my first night with this. I am a chronic picker and when I saw good reviews for this yesterday I had to go get some. It definitely helped a lot with redness and swelling, I have high hopes for what it will do in the next few days. Salicylic acid is the only otc acne medication I wasn't using, and I think it might be the key to clear skin, finally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I used this for the first time last night. This is pretty highly rated here on MUA, so I saw the last one at Target for 6.79, and thought, what do I have to lose? It comes in a metallic blue squeeze tube with a clear round screw on cap. General information is written on the front, and some more indepth info is on the back (ingrediants, info on company). This product comes out blue and dries white, which I think is a pretty neat idea. If you apply it too thick, it will 'cake up', so I only apply a very, very thin layer on any blemishes. This is called popped pimple relief, but I use it on blemishes I haven't popped because I really try not to pop my blemishes...we all know how bad that is. Anyway, last night I spread on a thin layer and went to bed. I woke up around six, but the appointment I had got cancled, so I was about to go back to bed when I felt a big, under the skin blemish coming on. I iced the area for a minute or so, then applied a thin layer of this. When I woke up around ten, the blemish was almost completely gone. On my other blemishes, the reduction was not as significant, but it definitely helped more than persagel 10, which I think may be too harsh for my skin. Bottom line: I really like it now, but that's after one use. I'm thinking I'll use it for a few more weeks and update with my thoughts then.
UPDATE 1/7/13: Been using it nightly, noticed that it definitely cakes up after applying too much. I find that it works best with a very thin layer. I likes that it helps my blemishes, but will try persagel10 and this on different blemishes that pop up around the same time and see which one helps more. I feel like this REALLY drys my skin out, but when I go to put on makeup it doesn't look cakey or flakey. I'm still liking this. I'll update again soon.
UPDATE 1/16/13: Why?! This has been breaking me out, I swear! I wanted to love it so much, but persagel 10, which I thought was irratating, is so much more gentle than this. The reason why I don't like this is because I feel like it traps the blemish under the surface so that while it goes away at first, it keeps popping back up. Ugh. And I did end up testing persael 10 vs this, and this cleared it up in two day, but then popped back up, while persagel 10 also pretty much cleared it up in two days. I wanted to love this SO badly, but I cannot...drat. I'll be sticking with persael 10 for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ksb3111

Technically, I have nothing bad to say about this product. It didn't blow me away in terms of IMMEDIATE results (you know...sometimes you kid yourself into thinking you will put something on your face and it will be gone in five minutes) but it certainly did not make my skin or acne any worse. I like that it doesn't sting or irritate your face, that it stays put (you can sleep with it on) and it does decrease the size of pimples. If I feel a lump on my face that I know is going to form into a zit, I put this on right away and it generally decreases the swelling. Like I said, it doesn't make it worse so really you have nothing to loose. It has a consistency similar to toothpaste and smells nice.

I am a visual person so if a zit is out of sight (i.e. when I put this on) it is out of mind and I don't pick at it. Oh one last thing, this is only suitable to be worn around the house or to bed because it leaves giant white splotches. Make sure you don't forget to wash it all off in the morning or you might find yourself in some awkward situations.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by annersz

WOW WOW WOW.... i just got this yesterday...! ( p.s. i would have never ever think of buying something like this at a drugstore) but let me start off with my history... i use to have really bad acne all over my face... scarred cheeks.. pimples etc... ive been taking care of my skin lately.. so now my face is basically clear so i only get occasional breakouts right before i PMS... and i get oilier than i normally would... but anyways first impression! i applied this thinking it was suppose to be blue on my face and drys white like it says on the box. it says apply a thin layer so when i put it on my face i didnt see blue so i applied more around my chin area where my break outs were. but then again i was like nahhh ill just put a thin layer on the other places i have pimples at. So once it dried i can see white marks all over my face. pigmently white marks. with thick or a thin layer. so i guess a thin layer is good. it looks like it coats the pimple really well and it stays on good. ( i have it on right now) so im going to bed with it and see how it goes tomarrow morning when i wake up

But so far so good i like the way it looks. its like the queen helene mint julip mask except this product actually has stuff to fight the pimple. this product might replace my mint julip mask when i do the over night spot treatments with the mask before i go to bed.

And... will UPDATE TOMARROW. i need to see if this clean & clear thing works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know I shouldn't, but I pick at my skin. Almost like I have skin picking sessions where I stand two inches from the bathroom mirror and pick at every little thing visible. I end up with broken skin, blotches, and painful swollen zits. My skin is super sensitive and anything targeted towards acne that I've bought has always backfired on me. I figured I would try this because my skin was having a really bad week so I'd take a chance. After playing with my face after my shower, I dabbed this on all of the areas I had messed with. Right away I liked this product because there was no stinging sensation upon applying to my broken skin. I slept a few hours and woke up shocked. The product didn't budge from where I had applied it and when I rinsed it off my face my acne was considerably less inflamed. The smallest of my blemishes were barely noticeable and the worst of my zits were smaller, calmer and less noticeable. I highly recommend this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No