Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

4.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Medication [Lotion]) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isoceteth 20, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum , Sodium Citrate, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Blue 1

on 7/12/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love! I was getting huge cystic pimples around TTOTM around nothing was working to get rid of them... enter Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste - holy grail!!! It smells great, stays on all night, doesn't irritate my skin, and helps dry up zits/ bring zits to the surface so they go away sooner. I don't notice any scarring resulting from this product and I have skin that scars very easily.

on 6/22/2013 2:33:00 PM

I love this product!! I've tried a couple other spot treatments by clean and clear but haven't had as much success with them. I bought the product for $8.00CDN. Quite pricey for a tiny bottle.. however a little goes a long way. I've been using it for the last 5 nights and I've seen drastic improvement. Pimples that used to stay on my face for weeks disappear within 3 days. They dry up and seem to flake off and leave no mark. Even pimples that I've popped become tiny little dots that do not leave nasty scars. I would not suggest wearing it in public as it leaves a white mark where you left it. It doesn't sting or smell at all.
Best spot treatment that I've ever used.! :)
highly recommend

on 4/25/2013 11:56:00 PM

I've been struggling with acne since i was a teenagers and i've tried numerous on the spot treatment and this is by far the best one.......!!! you can use this every night and will not drastically dried up your skin the next morning that u r unable to cover it..........The o.5% salicylic acid is also much more gentle that the usual 2% that often irritate my sensitive skin more and therefore more breakouts............it's able to dry up any white heads in one night and bigger pimples will matured much faster.........another good thing about this is that it doesn't burn when you put it on and it smells really good ....highly recommend!!

on 3/10/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this product. I have had acne problems for as long as can remember, and while I have found a number of cleansers, masks and such to help control my acne overall, I could never find a really good spot treatment. I LOVE this one!

I'm sure to some people it good be drying, but my skin is so oily it really does't affect it at all. I automatically see pimples reduced after this product has been on my time for as little as a half hour. I don't even have to use it on pimples that are already popped! The product does look very small, but I promise it lasts a really long time!

The only downside to this product would be that it dries white, so you can't really go anywhere when it's on. I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this or not, but I always put it on before I go to sleep and then wash what remains in the morning off with a warm washcloth.

This is definitely the best treatment I've used to target pimples so far. I really see and feel a change after I use it.

on 3/9/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am in my mid 40's and peri-menopause is wreaking havoc on my complexion. Felt silly buying what looks like a teenager's acne cream but what the heck, I am desperate. So I've been applying this pretty much all over my face, on active breakouts and whopper zits, acne-prone areas, and old acne marks. (I am super pale and spots take forever to fade on my skin) Basically I put a thin layer all over my face at night. From the first time I woke up after using this, I was astonished. All my acne was calmed, from active blemishes to old marks....all faded. Big pimples, deflated and healing! Another odd effect I noticed: my skin was completely mattified, smooth, and brightened as if I'd used a Vitamin C cream or Arbutin mask. WOW! Normally I wake up to an oil slick, partly because I apply creams at night, partly because I am oily again, with teenage skin at midlife. This keeps me so matte and smooth I am wearing it on my T-zone all day long, finally keeping the middle of my face matte and feeling clean. I am going to buy several tubes of this in case they d/c it like several of my other beloved skincare products. I have used Salicylic Acid treatments many times over the years, not sure what is different about this one. I have also used/am using Retin A and other retinoid forms, vitamin C creams and serums, hyaluronic acid serums, benzoyl peroxide, whitening kojic and arbutin...I try everything. I assume my skin is fairly strong and resistant as I am never irritated. Hope this continues working, off to get more!

on 2/18/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does absolutely nothing...waste of $$.

on 2/8/2013 11:54:00 PM

It's rare for me, but when a giant shows up and I pop it I do reach for this. This product does what it claims, my zit becomes smaller and less red overnight. I love that in a product, but it leaves a scar! I know popping a pimple leaves a scar, but this leaves a bigger scar than it should be and it's really dark!
When I removed the paste in the morning, the skin on the pimple was peeling off. Either it will peel off a thin layer or it will peel of a large layer and then I will bleed. Either way, it leaves a scar.
I would only use this product in an emergency, like a special event the night day, I will just cover up the scar with foundation. But I will avoid completely, I don't need anymore acne scars.

on 2/2/2013 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly, this did absolutely nothing for my popped pimples and if you check out Paula B's review for it - you'll see that it actually irritates the skin :(
I wanted it to work as I loved the fact that it dried over the skin and stayed put - so I didn't have to see or touch the popped pimple. (out of sight, out of mind).
As far as clearing pimples and reducing the red marks left behind - my favorite product for this at the moment is Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer.

on 1/20/2013 11:20:00 AM

I just woke up from my first night with this. I am a chronic picker and when I saw good reviews for this yesterday I had to go get some. It definitely helped a lot with redness and swelling, I have high hopes for what it will do in the next few days. Salicylic acid is the only otc acne medication I wasn't using, and I think it might be the key to clear skin, finally.

on 12/29/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this for the first time last night. This is pretty highly rated here on MUA, so I saw the last one at Target for 6.79, and thought, what do I have to lose? It comes in a metallic blue squeeze tube with a clear round screw on cap. General information is written on the front, and some more indepth info is on the back (ingrediants, info on company). This product comes out blue and dries white, which I think is a pretty neat idea. If you apply it too thick, it will 'cake up', so I only apply a very, very thin layer on any blemishes. This is called popped pimple relief, but I use it on blemishes I haven't popped because I really try not to pop my blemishes...we all know how bad that is. Anyway, last night I spread on a thin layer and went to bed. I woke up around six, but the appointment I had got cancled, so I was about to go back to bed when I felt a big, under the skin blemish coming on. I iced the area for a minute or so, then applied a thin layer of this. When I woke up around ten, the blemish was almost completely gone. On my other blemishes, the reduction was not as significant, but it definitely helped more than persagel 10, which I think may be too harsh for my skin. Bottom line: I really like it now, but that's after one use. I'm thinking I'll use it for a few more weeks and update with my thoughts then.
UPDATE 1/7/13: Been using it nightly, noticed that it definitely cakes up after applying too much. I find that it works best with a very thin layer. I likes that it helps my blemishes, but will try persagel10 and this on different blemishes that pop up around the same time and see which one helps more. I feel like this REALLY drys my skin out, but when I go to put on makeup it doesn't look cakey or flakey. I'm still liking this. I'll update again soon.
UPDATE 1/16/13: Why?! This has been breaking me out, I swear! I wanted to love it so much, but persagel 10, which I thought was irratating, is so much more gentle than this. The reason why I don't like this is because I feel like it traps the blemish under the surface so that while it goes away at first, it keeps popping back up. Ugh. And I did end up testing persael 10 vs this, and this cleared it up in two day, but then popped back up, while persagel 10 also pretty much cleared it up in two days. I wanted to love this SO badly, but I cannot...drat. I'll be sticking with persael 10 for now.

Popular Treatments (Face)