July 29, 2014 | 2060 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this in four pretty different colors: Pure Dark Brown, (Bright?) Beige Blonde, Flaming Copper, and Pure Light Brown. It's definitely true that Sublime Mousse colors turn out a shade or two darker than advertised, but that's true of absolutely every at-home hair dye on the market (as well as salon shades, actually). The best thing about this line is by far the browns. Both that I tried were very natural-looking (true neutrals) and very beautiful. They're perfect for correcting colors and last FOREVER (the Pure Dark Brown I eventually had to remove with Colour B4, after about 6 months, when I wanted to change up my color, It never turned orangey or pulled red or anything!). I had less luck with the blonde -- which did less than nothing, used as a "toner"/fill shade after a bleach job -- and the copper, which was a bit more of a mahogany shade and had a short life even for a red dye. The other negative thing about this dye is that it's very drying for a short while after you've dyed. Your hair is not irrevocably damaged or anything, but it'll feel a little crispy and easily tangled. I think it could even be physical damage from having to massage in the mousse. Anyway, I would actually recommend this to someone who just wants a very pretty, "pure" brown, and will probably end up buying it again (provided they keep making it, considering all the bad reviews it seems to get!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Bunnychrissy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally go to a salon for my colour, but I got my hair dyed medium brown after being blonde for a long time, and after spending over $150, the colour completely washed out after 2 washes. I decided to try sublime mousse because the colour on the package looked great, exactly what I wanted and close to my salon brown. Then before I was about to dye my hair I got scared and started reading reviews on it. (I've had bad experiences with box hair dye before). The reviews on this dye are pretty bad, but I thought I might as well give it a go because my faded salon colour was so ugly ( dark orangey golden blonde).
The mousse was very easy to apply, but the fumes made my eyes sting and water, but other than that it was simple and fast.
Let me tell you, I'm so glad I tried this hair dye! It came out shiny, luscious and natural looking. A little darker than the colour on the box but I think it will fade after a few washes. Best hair dye I've tried, and so easy to use!
No more expensive salon visits for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dallasviewer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in my 50s and wish I had read these reviews before purchasing this horrible product. The other 1-star posters have said it all--dry damaged hair, poor color coverage... Just terrible.

Avoid at all costs. I mean, if you haven't tried it yet, why take the chance when there are better products out there?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by aemfla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used 30 Pure Darkest Brown a few days ago. My friend had previously used this product and warned that the color would come out a couple shades darker than expected. I should have listened! My hair is now black. While it seems to be slowly fading out, I'm not too satisfied. And the smell was quite strong and lingered after I washed my hair a couple times. However, I must say that my hair is very shiny and soft now. Would I buy it again? Probably not. After that smell, I'm probably going to look to more natural solutions like henna. But at such a low price, I wouldn't totally kick it to the curb. I would suggest to a potential buyer to keep the shade problem in mind - just buy a shade or two lighter than what you want.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Frankieturzynski

I bought this product a long time ago and absolutely hated it as I felt it didnt actually do anything to my hair.However I recently bought it again as I was in a rush and totally forgot that It was awful the first time. After using it I remembered exactly why I hated it, it does not do anything to your hair apart from kill it a bit. My hair is the exact same as it was before I dyed it all that is different is that it has made my roots ginger, which of course ginger roots and brown hair is never a good look at all. I think this product is a totally waste of money as it does nothing at all and should not even be being sold. I know I will not be wasting my money on this product ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by LuckyLucy777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After spending time looking up reviews and other such info on the Internet, I knew that a foam would be best for me personally to try. I debated between the different ones, and chose this one because I liked the look of #90 Pure Light Blonde. I already had 3 month old blonde, professionally done highlights, so the existing lighter parts of my hair took the very well and were the lightness I had paid $200 previously to get but she failed. With a job change, I wanted to try a cheaper alternative to freshen my colour and try to hide my darker roots. I had too much root growth for it to completely match, but I was very pleased with how well it blended! My hair had I nicer, lighter overall look, and I was very happy to keep the look of all over highlights. The ammonia was only strong when I started to reach from the front of my face upward, but when I started closer to my hairline instead of having my dye-holding hands in the vicinity of my mouth and eyes it was much less of a problem. Also, it was strong when I pulled my ends too close to my face. It doesn't drip at all though, so that was a huge plus for a rookie self colourer such as myself! Not only would I buy it again, but I made sure to watch for sales and already have my next box awaiting! Only downside others than the smell: not enough conditioner for my hair. You are supposed to be able to use it after you dye it (weekly) but I only had enough to do my hair right after I rinsed the dye out. It did make my hair very shiny and much softer! Last but not least: any other time I have used a box I have needed two, and anytime I get it professionally done she has to mix more dye part way through because I have so much hair, but this box was more than enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by azewski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love it! I use 900, light blonde & love everything about it. So easy to use. I get heaps ofcompliments. Long lasting & my hair feels great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by skesmith

I was skeptical about this product as first seeing a majority of people did not have a good experience with it but it was the cheapest hair dye available at shoppers so I took a leap of faith and tried it out. I was very pleasantly surprised. The mousse went on so much easier than any liquid or creme hair dye and was easy to blend out which prevented splotchy color. I used the shade 40 which is Pure Dark Brown on my previously auburn hair and it was the exact color I thought; a rich, dark brown. After the whole process (including the conditioning) my hair actually feels softer than it did before which is such a relief. I left the dye on for 10-15minutes after application and the color pay off was unbelievable. I definitely would not have needed the other 15min. This hair dye helped cool the bronze undertone my hair has which was exactly what I was looking for. It's not too dark so it looks black, but not too light so it wouldnt have made a difference. Excellent. It does, however, have a VERY and i mean VERY strong smell of amnonia (not surprising) but it was to the point where it would burn your eyes at points so I had the window open and the bathroom fan on which helped a lot. After a while it stops bothering you so it wasn't that big of a concern. The foam pump bottle isnt like the other foam hair dye bottles. You have to squeeze down on the lid of the pump to get the foam out (similar to the foam hand sanitizer bottles) verses squeezing the middle of the bottle like the other brands which was unfortunate but not that big of a deal. My hair is very thick and long and although I used the entire bottle, there is more than enough dye to cover almost all lengths and thicknesses of hair which is always a relief.
Overall, a good product with a good price.
I would definitely reuse this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

don't ever use this product for root touch up it fried my hair b/c I used the lightest 100 light blonde

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My last coloring with Nutrisse looked good and was shiny for a very short time, everytime I washed my hair more and more color would come out to the point that my hair was orangy brown, however my hair always turns really red anytime I use Nutrisse, last color was light ash brown and by week 3 it looked pretty bad. So I did some research and was curious about foam haircolor, read about this one and saw on youtube a lot of positive reviews. Since I wanted to go back to the darker side of brown I chose pure light brown knowing that they run very dark, I got a beautifiul semi sweet chocolate brown type of color, no red, it covered all my orangy brown, the ends have a little bit left because I left the product for only 10-15 minutes on the ends, I wasn't sure if the ends were gonna soak up the color like they do with Nutrisse. Color came out the same from root to tip, I can see the parts were I missed on the roots in the crown area and behind my ears but that was my fault, I don't find foam color too user friendly but I like the fact that color comes out even, no more patches, uneven color. When I was rinsing my hair it didn't feel dried out or squeaky clean, the conditioner comes in a very generous sized tube, smells really good and turned my hair into silk, when I dried it it had no frizz and was mega shiny. The only negative is that I got a mad rash wherever this touched my skin, took a Benadryl and swelling diminished.
04/10 did root touch up and I was able to do it easier than the first time, noticed that the developer from this second box was 20V and the first one I used was 25V, application on the first one was 25 mins, second one 30 mins, so there are different products out there, this one with the 20V didn't give me any rashes, so far the color on the roots looks the same as the rest.
06/09 used it again in pure light brown but this time the roots got lighter and the ends didn't get too much color and came out a little dull, not sure what happened, I don't think I can use this product for roots, it's very difficult for me to apply it there like I do with regular cream or gel color