L'Oreal Sublime Mousse

2.7

ammonia

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never written a bad review in my life, but felt compelled to write about this product. I saw an advertisement for this product and fell madly in love with the colour. After a week of contemplating I decided to take my chances and hiked up to my local drug store. When I got there I started to second guess my decision -- I've never used a foam application before and didn't feel comfortable with this process. I ended up grabbing the box and tried matching the colour to other boxes - no luck. I had heard that many woman found one box was plenty, so I purchased one box of Pure Medium Brown and two back up boxes of my usual colour. When I got home I immediately stripped down (I was very excited). Unfortunately 3 minutes into applying I realized two things 1. One box is not enough. 2. I had regretted buying this item. The foam became hard within seconds making it hard to apply to the rest of my hair, the process was very, very messy .. I found it hard to rinse out and it left my hair feeling VERY dry. To top it all off I don't really see a difference in my hair colour. I'm very disappointed, and above all I'm annoyed I have to put my hair through more damage to fix this horrible dye job.

Truthfully, I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this hair color. I have used Pure Light Brown, and now use Pure Medium Brown. Easy to use and looks so rich. Easy to use. Color looks darker in my hair than on the box. but that is to be expected. I've used this box three times now and will keep going back.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am shocked at all the bad reviews of this product. I tried this for the first time a few days ago as I wanted to dye my hair a medium brown. I was a coloring my hair blonde for years( really light blonde) and it was frying my hair! My natural color is a dark ashy blonde.

Here is my story..lol So, I went to the local beauty supply (Sallys) and they told me that i would need to put a protein filler in my hair first, so the new color had something to grab on to. I was shooting for a color protein filler, like orange or red, but the Sally's gal told me to use a clear protein filler and spray it on, saturate my hair, blow it dry and then color. I started out with a L'Oreal Feria shade in light brown and this was a HUGE mistake as it turned my ends GRAY! I don't think the color did that, but the combination of clear protein filler ( should have went with the color protein filler!) and the hair dye! I have used Feria in the past with very good results.

I immediately washed it out and thank GOD I had a box of Color Fix from Sallys and did the shampoo in method, then I washed again with a moisturizing shampoo, deep conditioned it, dried it and then chose a John Frieda Foam Color in light brown to put some color back into my processed hair and Viola, no gray at all and a really beautiful color, but it was too light and a bit too warm ( but that was ok, I needed that as a base color first. Then a few days later after deep conditioning my hair, I picked up the L'Oreal Sublime Mousee # 50 Pure Medium Brown and Viola again...beautiful, not to warm medium brown! I love it! It went on easy, no mess, no smell really and it is the perfect brown, not to red or gold like most brown shades result in! It did go on a little darker than the photos, but that's OK. I would recommend this color in a heart beat and I hope L'Oreal never discontinues this shade!

NOTE: If you are bleach blonde or really blonde wanting to go dark, you most likely will need to put a color protein filler back into your hair FIRST, or you could use a reddish hair dye so that your new darker color has something to grab on to. See, when you are bleaching you are removing all the color pigment from your hair, you need to replace it if you want to go dark or your hair could turn out green or in my case GRAY! Then dye your hair with your desired dark color.The mistake I made was the clear protein filler, should have went with a color like orange, red or a warm brown. I am not a professional, but have been coloring my hair for many, many years and have learned a lot. Do your homework! I think products, particularity hair dye gets a bad wrap because people don't read or understand the color wheel etc..

At any rate, I love my new color and my experience with L'Oreal Sublime Mousse was excellent! I attached a photo above so you can see the results.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used this in four pretty different colors: Pure Dark Brown, (Bright?) Beige Blonde, Flaming Copper, and Pure Light Brown. It's definitely true that Sublime Mousse colors turn out a shade or two darker than advertised, but that's true of absolutely every at-home hair dye on the market (as well as salon shades, actually). The best thing about this line is by far the browns. Both that I tried were very natural-looking (true neutrals) and very beautiful. They're perfect for correcting colors and last FOREVER (the Pure Dark Brown I eventually had to remove with Colour B4, after about 6 months, when I wanted to change up my color, It never turned orangey or pulled red or anything!). I had less luck with the blonde -- which did less than nothing, used as a "toner"/fill shade after a bleach job -- and the copper, which was a bit more of a mahogany shade and had a short life even for a red dye. The other negative thing about this dye is that it's very drying for a short while after you've dyed. Your hair is not irrevocably damaged or anything, but it'll feel a little crispy and easily tangled. I think it could even be physical damage from having to massage in the mousse. Anyway, I would actually recommend this to someone who just wants a very pretty, "pure" brown, and will probably end up buying it again (provided they keep making it, considering all the bad reviews it seems to get!).

I normally go to a salon for my colour, but I got my hair dyed medium brown after being blonde for a long time, and after spending over $150, the colour completely washed out after 2 washes. I decided to try sublime mousse because the colour on the package looked great, exactly what I wanted and close to my salon brown. Then before I was about to dye my hair I got scared and started reading reviews on it. (I've had bad experiences with box hair dye before). The reviews on this dye are pretty bad, but I thought I might as well give it a go because my faded salon colour was so ugly ( dark orangey golden blonde).
The mousse was very easy to apply, but the fumes made my eyes sting and water, but other than that it was simple and fast.
Let me tell you, I'm so glad I tried this hair dye! It came out shiny, luscious and natural looking. A little darker than the colour on the box but I think it will fade after a few washes. Best hair dye I've tried, and so easy to use!
No more expensive salon visits for me!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm in my 50s and wish I had read these reviews before purchasing this horrible product. The other 1-star posters have said it all--dry damaged hair, poor color coverage... Just terrible.

Avoid at all costs. I mean, if you haven't tried it yet, why take the chance when there are better products out there?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used 30 Pure Darkest Brown a few days ago. My friend had previously used this product and warned that the color would come out a couple shades darker than expected. I should have listened! My hair is now black. While it seems to be slowly fading out, I'm not too satisfied. And the smell was quite strong and lingered after I washed my hair a couple times. However, I must say that my hair is very shiny and soft now. Would I buy it again? Probably not. After that smell, I'm probably going to look to more natural solutions like henna. But at such a low price, I wouldn't totally kick it to the curb. I would suggest to a potential buyer to keep the shade problem in mind - just buy a shade or two lighter than what you want.

I bought this product a long time ago and absolutely hated it as I felt it didnt actually do anything to my hair.However I recently bought it again as I was in a rush and totally forgot that It was awful the first time. After using it I remembered exactly why I hated it, it does not do anything to your hair apart from kill it a bit. My hair is the exact same as it was before I dyed it all that is different is that it has made my roots ginger, which of course ginger roots and brown hair is never a good look at all. I think this product is a totally waste of money as it does nothing at all and should not even be being sold. I know I will not be wasting my money on this product ever again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After spending time looking up reviews and other such info on the Internet, I knew that a foam would be best for me personally to try. I debated between the different ones, and chose this one because I liked the look of #90 Pure Light Blonde. I already had 3 month old blonde, professionally done highlights, so the existing lighter parts of my hair took the very well and were the lightness I had paid $200 previously to get but she failed. With a job change, I wanted to try a cheaper alternative to freshen my colour and try to hide my darker roots. I had too much root growth for it to completely match, but I was very pleased with how well it blended! My hair had I nicer, lighter overall look, and I was very happy to keep the look of all over highlights. The ammonia was only strong when I started to reach from the front of my face upward, but when I started closer to my hairline instead of having my dye-holding hands in the vicinity of my mouth and eyes it was much less of a problem. Also, it was strong when I pulled my ends too close to my face. It doesn't drip at all though, so that was a huge plus for a rookie self colourer such as myself! Not only would I buy it again, but I made sure to watch for sales and already have my next box awaiting! Only downside others than the smell: not enough conditioner for my hair. You are supposed to be able to use it after you dye it (weekly) but I only had enough to do my hair right after I rinsed the dye out. It did make my hair very shiny and much softer! Last but not least: any other time I have used a box I have needed two, and anytime I get it professionally done she has to mix more dye part way through because I have so much hair, but this box was more than enough!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love love love it! I use 900, light blonde & love everything about it. So easy to use. I get heaps ofcompliments. Long lasting & my hair feels great!