April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Organic Face Nourishing Eye Make up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by alyy77

I have tried many types of eye make-up remover and to find that even after tugging and pulling, most eye make-up remover leaves stains on my under-eye. This is the best make-up remover I've tried so far! Only a small amount is required.
All I need to do it spread the cream gently around my eyes and gentle circle my eyes while waiting for the product to absorb and remove the make-up... and after that, add some water and further cicle my eyes before I rinse off with water. If I'm using heavy make-up, then I would just have to wet a cotton pad and remove balance of the products. Works like a charm. The best part is that my eye area is not left dry and uncomfortable. Not to mention the price is excellent for it's effectiveness. Good stuff Boots!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

Ugh, am I doing this wrong? This remover just didn't work for me! I tried applying this both straight from the tube and by adding some water to it like the instructions suggest but this stuff had a really tough time getting off my waterproof mascara and eyeliner (which isn't WP). I was really rubbing at my lashes and eye area in general and that's never good. Plus, a lot of the product seem to get soaked into the pad pretty quick, so I generally needed to re-apply more, just to do one eye!

It's a bummer. Olive oil and jojoba oil on their own are both great eye makeup removers but this was a disappointment. For some reason, I also love the packaging, even though it's a run-of-the-mill squeeze tube, but the stuff inside was a no-go for me. Not a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is awesome. I was looking for an oil-based makeup remover at a reasonable price and this works really, really well. The two main ingredients are organic olive oil and jojoba oil, and it retails for under 5. Boots has offers on the Botanics line quite often also.

To use I warm it between my fingers then rub gently over dry skin. I massage it into my skin and over my eyes for a few minutes, getting all the makeup off. Then I use a little bit of water to emulsify the oil, then wipe off with a cloth. I then follow with an exfoliating cleanser. It gets my skin scrupulously clean and beautifully soft. I don't use it every night but a couple of times a week as I don't want to get my skin too oily.

This is a real bargain instead of paying 20 or so for cleansing oils, and it's much more practical as it doesn't run everywhere. I really love this, just hope Boots doesn't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It's essentially a cleansing oil in a thicker consistency at a DS price. In fact I think I prefer it to many HE cleansing oils because it it only contains five ingredients.

I use this product all over my face, like the reviewer below. I use a gentle cream cleanser so I wanted a separate product to take off my mu, but not strip my skin and defeat the purpose of using a gentle cleanser. I've actually used many cleansing oils before, but they can be irritating depending on which oils are used and pricey if you only want to use them to remove mu. This product works just as good and it's not irritating or stripping at all. The jojoba and olive oil are perfect oils for dry sensitive skin. The thicker consistency means it doesn't blur your vision as easy either.

I will be sticking with this product for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by besiktas1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best eye make up remover I have ever used. Takes a few more seconds than just trying to swab off with a cotton ball and some solution but totally worth it! Removes everything and leaves eyes moisturized and lashes silk. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye make up remover I've ever used. I slather a bit on my lashes and eye makeup, rub a tiny bit, add water and massage a bit more... When I'm done I have silky smooth lashes and soft, touchable skin. This does everything. This has similar results to using an oil or product like Albolene, but this emulsifies and washes the makeup away. It is also the texture of Vaseline so it is easy to travel and apply. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to remove makeup from my entire face.

I don't think it works as well as Albolene for heavy duty eye makeup, but for light days it works better because it's not as heavy as Albolene.

You do have to use quite a bit of product for cleaning the whole face and it's not as cheap as Albolene.

I used this a lot in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! This is the very best eye make up remover I have ever used. Typically, when I make statements like that, the product then goes and turns on me. I hope this doesn't because right now I think it is absolutely perfect and I am thinking of buying three hundred tubes just in case it gets discontinued as tends to happen with products I rely on, like LUSH's Baby Face, RIP.

I have incredibly reactive, sensitive skin, which looks fresh and clear when I'm not putting many products on it, but quickly becomes red and blotchy when I attempt to have an unguent-filled regime. How I love the feeling of rubbing things in and washing them off! But woe for me, there are only a handful of things that keep my skin in top shape.

I don't use much foundation - just on nights out - but I love eye make up and don't hold back. Typically I might wear concealer, powder eye shadow, liquid liner and lashings of mascara. Though my eye area doesn't tend to be sensitive, I am picky about eye make up remover products because of a fear of getting lines. I am a touch suspicious of duel-phase removers as I noticed my fine lines being slightly more prominent the morning after using them. I'll still use them from time to time, making sure I rinse off the residue and apply an eye cream, but anyway, I may not need to as this product blows any other make up remover I've used out of the water.

The Organic Face Nourishing Eye Make up Remover works similarly to the cleansing oils I've used - starts off rich and slippery, and turns into a wash-off lotion on contact with water. Unlike cleansing oils, which are so thin they can get in your eyes and blur vision, this remover is thick, and the consistency of lemon curd, or Burt's Bees Orange Facial Cleanser. I massage this into my lids and lashes for a few seconds and then rinse with warm water. This removes all make up. I then take a wet cotton pad and just clean off any drips that have made their way down my face. Skin is left completely, and I mean *completely* clean, and importantly, plump, moisturised and comfortable. My lines are not noticeable after using this, there is no redness - it is just perfect.

The reason for its perfection is the simple ingredients - olive and jojoba seed oil, glycerin, sucrose stearate and sucrose myristate. That's all! And yet this is the first product of its kind I have come across. Don't hesitate to try this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No