August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG shampoo. It works wonders for my hair (which is fine, straight, thick, and just past my shoulders). It manages to thoroughly clean my hair without stripping it. It also does not create build up on my scalp like most other shampoos. The product is thick but does lather for me. I use a full pump, which is probably more than I need to.
However, I must agree with previous reviewers that the scent is off-putting. It does smell like gas station hand soap. But the scent does not linger at all, so it's something I can easily get past, especially since the product performs so well for me.
I emailed the company to let them know how much I love the shampoo. They replied that if I supplied my address, they would send me samples of their other products. So, of course I did and a few days later received the Hair Care Try Me Sampler, the Skin Care Try Me Sampler, and a 20% off coupon. With customer service like that, I love them even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles1220

Perfect shampoo. Easy on the environment. Smells so fresh and leaves hair feeling soft, clean, but not that rough squeaky clean. Only problem is the pump is a bit inadequate and it can't lock off for travel. Picked up for $20 at winners (1 litre) after regularly paying more online. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all- I love this shampoo! I've tried other sulfate free shampoos in the past and was not impressed. I realize now that this is because I was still using products chock full of silicones, and the shampoo couldn't penetrate fully so I was left with flat hair full of buildup after awhile. The CO method didn't work for me, so I'm onto the CWC method with much success. Now, I use this shampoo 4-5 times a week, with my ends coated in Tresemme Naturals moisture conditioner, followed by either Suave Coconut/Waterfall Mist conditioner from scalp to ends. I then use a dab of diluted Coconut conditioner with L'oreal ever sleek cream serum and finishing cream. Everything silicone and sulfate free. This combo has made a total difference in my hair- it's smooth, shiny, bouncy, and my waves are enhanced. I'm loving this shampoo as part of my current routine! It lathers well, doesn't strip my hair, is color safe and available at a discount (got my 1L bottle at TJMaxx for $20; it's $30 at Ulta). No complaints here! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been test-driving this product for nearly a year now, through all the various seasons and hair trials and tribulations. I must say, this is really an exceptional product. At first I was wary--the scent of the product was not really for me, in that I really like "clean" smelling hair products, but after several months of prolific hair shedding, scalp irritation and bumps, and a thinning hair line, those "clean" smelling products weren't doing me any favors. So I committed to switching to a sulfate free, good-for-you product, and this one fit the bill. Fast forward a year later, and I feel like I have a different head of hair. Pre-baby-in-my-20s hair. It is thicker, doesn't shed nearly as much, and it is elastic and full of volume. I can't say enough good things about this shampoo. I use it in conjunction with the DermOrganic hair masque (as my daily conditioner) and they are magical together. My only wee gripe is that it is so thick that once you reach the bottom of the bottle, its thickness goes crazy, rendering it kind of clumpy, making it difficult to get out. I have to invert the bottles, and unscrew the pump, and squeeze it out until it is gone. Annoying, but by no means a deal breaker. I used to buy the big liters at TJ Maxx, but they sell them now at Ulta, which is great (points!). Highly recommend if you have a super sensitive scalp and aging hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just don't get the appeal with this at all. I'm not a fan of the smell (like a generic soap or something), and it actually makes my hair sort of flat. My hair rarely ever goes flat. I use conditioning shampoos all of the time, and usually do not have an issue with this. I just don't like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by crivas

Love this product! After searching high and low for a hair product that was not so quite damaging to my hair I have finally found it. I have frizzy/wavy thin hair that is susceptible to breakage a lot! I used probably every brand at the drugstores possible (which is probably why I had so much breakage). Not only that I'm not one to splurge on hair products, I like myself a bargain. So after reading MUA reviews I decided to give this product a try, because this product is NOT cheap, before investing in an expensive product I bought the travel size pack with the DermOrganics Shampoo, Masque, and Deep conditioner in case I didn't like it after all. When I bought this product I also started out fresh with a new cut that way to give my hair a complete new start. Since then I've been in love! My hair is super soft and no longer has so much breakage. Definitely going to continue my use with this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not perfect, but close to it.

This is an excellent, gentle/moisturizing shampoo that also does a great job of detangling. I would say it's slightly better overall in performance than SheaMoisture, and smells a bit nicer too, although the fragrance of this product is just "good" IMO (i.e., not great).

In terms of how my wavy/cowlicky hair looks after I use it: good, not great, but I will say it is soft and detangled, and to achieve that without a separate conditioner is not an easy feat.

Overall, highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I think I love this shampoo. I got it about a week ago, purchased largely because of the positive reviews I read here on MUA. I've washed with it twice now, on my highlighted, stringy, dry, damaged hair. My hair seems to love it. My hair is smooth & frizz free. I love the fact that this is a natural product, and it lathers. Yes, I can name several sulfate-free shampoos that lather, but not many that are also natural. I bought the shampoo in a pack with the conditioning masque and the leave-in oil (also great). The pump took me a second to figure out in the shower - it twists/untwists to lock and unlock, rather than where you twist it & the pump pops up & remains up. The product dispenses from the pump just fine (doesn't clog so far). I agree with other reviews here, though, the scent is ugh. VERY restroom handwash at a gas station smell. I'm thinking of adding a little essential oil to it to try and brighten it up, but then I might kill the lathering/cleansing properties. It's thankful not a strong scent and it definitely goes away. The product is a bit pricey and it definitely takes a big handful to get the job done, but I am willing to pay it for a natural & cruelty-free product that also actually works. It both cleanses & moisturizes my hair, which is more than I can say for the dozens of other shampoos I've tried at various pricepoints, many of which had nasty chemical ingredients.
**UPDATE** I find myself reaching for this shampoo...almost never. I've found so many other good "natural" shampoos with WAY better fragrances and some even with better performance. I am particularly hooked on the 100% Pure shampoos right now; they smell great, give my hair great shine, and provide loads of moisture. I just can't stand the smell of this stuff & I want my shower to be a completely enjoyable experience, and that includes enjoying all the fragrances of my products. I'm not going to downgrade my rating to "no repurchase," because I don't think that's fair. This stuff works well - better than most organic/ natural shampoos - it's just not the best I've found and I personally hate the smell.
**UPDATE 2**: I gave this and the matching masque away. There are too many products I have come across that have natural ingredients, perform well, AND smell great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a longer review under the DermOrganics Masque that includes my comments on the whole set. So far, I've cycled my dermorganic products in with other shampoo/conditioners, and avoided it for daily use after my hair dried out and suspected these products where contributing. Except for the oil, the products smell of cedarwood oil, which can be irritating, so I think if I use these products too much it tends dries my hair out. After cycling these products 'out' for a while, I decided, now that my hair is in stable condition, I'd try the entire set again, and WOW, I got the same first-time fabulous results!

I'm happy with my purchase overall, and my hair has been in good condition since introducing these products into my stable. Especially if I have product building up and damage, and my hair feels hard and I want a vavoom hit-the-reset-button on my hair. I wash thoroughly with this shampoo, followed with 30 minutes of the masque and a few drops of the the oil. My hair is full, lush (!), bouncy and full of movement and body.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So not impressed. I had issues with pureology making my scalp pink & itchy & experienced the same with this product.. My hairdresser commented on my slightly irritated scalp & unlike other reviewers experiences, she was definitely not gushing about great my hair was when using the product. I got on close out at target for like $16 & that was still pretty pricey. I didn't like the fact it smelled like shaving cream! I also have concerns about the issue that reviewer zeusandcoco brought up about their animal cruelty policies. Feel this product is way over priced and just average at best.