DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

4.2

Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.

on 2/24/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very fine, waist-length blonde hair that is naturally straight, but also oily. I blow dry daily and fine that using a product designed to minimize oil dries my ends terribly. So far DermOrganic has reduced oil, while leaving my ends looking far from frazzled. My hair is left shiny and never weighed down. A lot of shampoos leave my blonde color looking dull and darkened, but DermOrganic has yet to have my hair look anything but it's best. I would certainly purchase again. For $15 for a liter at TJ Maxx, this was a steal.

on 2/12/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried many "sulfate free" shampoos over the past several months ranging from expensive to cheap and I can count on one hand the ones I truly like. With that said, this is one of them. The first thing that appealed to me are the ingredients that are NOT in the bottle: NO sulfates, silicones, parabens, gluten, dyes and salts. In fact when I picked up a bottle and read the ingredients on the back, I was surprised how short the list was and that the "certified argan oil" ingredient was near the top of the list instead of near the bottom.

This shampoo comes in a pump bottle, has a very thick consistency and because it doesn't contain artificial thickeners, I shake the bottle before use to get an even distribution. For my long, thick and medium textured hair, I use 3 pumps. It doesn't lather as well as other sulfate free shampoos. It lathers much less than the Pureology and L'oreal EverPure shampoos I had been using. Still, I find it cleans my scalp very well. It cleans it so well, in fact, it feels like using a clarifying shampoo but without the drying aspect. It also has a very "light" feel on the hair, if that makes any sense. When my hair dries, it is airy, feels very soft, shiny, bouncy and not weighed down in the least. It rinses easily and cleanly and leaves behind a fresh feeling as opposed to a greasy, waxy or heavy feel on the roots which some sulfate free shampoos tend to do. I can go 3 days in between without having to wash my hair again when I use this and even by the 3rd day, my roots are still non greasy nor flat.

I know some people said the scent is like that of a generic restroom hand soap and I agree. That was my first impression too but while using it in the shower, it also smells like toasted coconut oil (in my opinion). Nevertheless the scent isn't offensive and doesn't last long at all. I can barely detect it when my hair dries. The price isn't too cheap but not ridiculously expensive either. I got mine for $15 for 12oz. I didn't get the conditioner that pairs with it since the ones I have already work well with it. Overall I'm very happy with this product.

on 2/9/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't pay much attention to celebrities advertising this or that, but when the stylists/MUAs of celebs in my age range post what works on their client, I pay attention. My fav celebs are a bit older than I am, and I know they're dealing with some of the same issues that come with older hair and skin.

I saw the stylist for a 61 year old actress tweet about products her client used, and one thing she noted was that her hair was always in good shape--she uses DermOrganic shampoo and masque before coming to the set. That was enough to make me curious to look up the line here.

Based on reviews and the tweets, I gave the line a try. I bought the huge bottles at Marshall's, then bought the travel sizes at Ulta. I keep the big bottles under the sink and fill up the little bottles for convenience in the shower.

Neither smells that great, but they work so well...my 50-something color-treated hair is growing, feels strong and healthy, and I can go 2 days between shampoos--unthinkable in days past. The texture of the products are...what they are. This isn't a sensually pleasant line of products at all. And yes, the rest stop hand soap smell comparison is accurate, and it can get clumpy. Still, it makes my hair look great and hold up wonderfully to blowouts, flat irons, etc.

The same source turned me on to "BlowOut" line products, and they smell great, so I can deal with the "meh" scents of this for the results I get.

on 1/4/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to work so bad. I have fickle hair. I have a lot of fine hair color treated that is wavy. My scalp is sensitive and dry while my roots tend to get oily. I have to be very careful what I use. I had been using Kirklands Shampoo and that was waaaaay better than Dermorganic. Dermorganic was ok for the first week then it started to leave my hair oily and greasy looking. I only used one pump,sometimes half a pump on my long hair. My hair just lies limp and looks greasy. My scalp even started getting flaky. This product just didn't work for my hair. I really had high hopes for this because of all the positive reviews. Luckily I was able to return it.

on 12/23/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my HG shampoo. It works wonders for my hair (which is fine, straight, thick, and just past my shoulders). It manages to thoroughly clean my hair without stripping it. It also does not create build up on my scalp like most other shampoos. The product is thick but does lather for me. I use a full pump, which is probably more than I need to.
However, I must agree with previous reviewers that the scent is off-putting. It does smell like gas station hand soap. But the scent does not linger at all, so it's something I can easily get past, especially since the product performs so well for me.
I emailed the company to let them know how much I love the shampoo. They replied that if I supplied my address, they would send me samples of their other products. So, of course I did and a few days later received the Hair Care Try Me Sampler, the Skin Care Try Me Sampler, and a 20% off coupon. With customer service like that, I love them even more.

on 12/12/2013 1:30:00 AM

Perfect shampoo. Easy on the environment. Smells so fresh and leaves hair feeling soft, clean, but not that rough squeaky clean. Only problem is the pump is a bit inadequate and it can't lock off for travel. Picked up for $20 at winners (1 litre) after regularly paying more online. Highly recommend.

on 12/1/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First of all- I love this shampoo! I've tried other sulfate free shampoos in the past and was not impressed. I realize now that this is because I was still using products chock full of silicones, and the shampoo couldn't penetrate fully so I was left with flat hair full of buildup after awhile. The CO method didn't work for me, so I'm onto the CWC method with much success. Now, I use this shampoo 4-5 times a week, with my ends coated in Tresemme Naturals moisture conditioner, followed by either Suave Coconut/Waterfall Mist conditioner from scalp to ends. I then use a dab of diluted Coconut conditioner with L'oreal ever sleek cream serum and finishing cream. Everything silicone and sulfate free. This combo has made a total difference in my hair- it's smooth, shiny, bouncy, and my waves are enhanced. I'm loving this shampoo as part of my current routine! It lathers well, doesn't strip my hair, is color safe and available at a discount (got my 1L bottle at TJMaxx for $20; it's $30 at Ulta). No complaints here! :)

on 11/27/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been test-driving this product for nearly a year now, through all the various seasons and hair trials and tribulations. I must say, this is really an exceptional product. At first I was wary--the scent of the product was not really for me, in that I really like "clean" smelling hair products, but after several months of prolific hair shedding, scalp irritation and bumps, and a thinning hair line, those "clean" smelling products weren't doing me any favors. So I committed to switching to a sulfate free, good-for-you product, and this one fit the bill. Fast forward a year later, and I feel like I have a different head of hair. Pre-baby-in-my-20s hair. It is thicker, doesn't shed nearly as much, and it is elastic and full of volume. I can't say enough good things about this shampoo. I use it in conjunction with the DermOrganic hair masque (as my daily conditioner) and they are magical together. My only wee gripe is that it is so thick that once you reach the bottom of the bottle, its thickness goes crazy, rendering it kind of clumpy, making it difficult to get out. I have to invert the bottles, and unscrew the pump, and squeeze it out until it is gone. Annoying, but by no means a deal breaker. I used to buy the big liters at TJ Maxx, but they sell them now at Ulta, which is great (points!). Highly recommend if you have a super sensitive scalp and aging hair.

on 11/17/2013 10:31:00 AM

I just don't get the appeal with this at all. I'm not a fan of the smell (like a generic soap or something), and it actually makes my hair sort of flat. My hair rarely ever goes flat. I use conditioning shampoos all of the time, and usually do not have an issue with this. I just don't like this!

on 11/2/2013 5:25:00 PM

Love this product! After searching high and low for a hair product that was not so quite damaging to my hair I have finally found it. I have frizzy/wavy thin hair that is susceptible to breakage a lot! I used probably every brand at the drugstores possible (which is probably why I had so much breakage). Not only that I'm not one to splurge on hair products, I like myself a bargain. So after reading MUA reviews I decided to give this product a try, because this product is NOT cheap, before investing in an expensive product I bought the travel size pack with the DermOrganics Shampoo, Masque, and Deep conditioner in case I didn't like it after all. When I bought this product I also started out fresh with a new cut that way to give my hair a complete new start. Since then I've been in love! My hair is super soft and no longer has so much breakage. Definitely going to continue my use with this brand.

Top Rated DermOrganic Products