April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Finishing Kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

Every ecotools brush in my possession is M.A.C quality, if not better. This brush: NO EXCEPTION. The M.A.C dupe is the 187 duo fibre stippling brush. I think the ecotools brush bristles are a bit more "spread apart" if that makes sense. I like that. The bristles are thee softest I have ever felt on any stippling brush. It gives me that "airbrushed" finish. If ecotools ever discontinues this brush I WILL buy at least 4 back ups. LOL I recommend this to ANYONE.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush, along with my MAC 187, are my favorite brushes for applying the finishing touch of powder to set my foundation (to only those oily areas). I <3 them equally!! Both are extremely soft and airy. But the Ecotools Finishing Kabuki covers more ground so to speak. This one would be perfect for applying a powder highlighter as well. I use Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (for oily skin) to clean all of my brushes, and have not noticed any shedding with this one. So happy I found this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by talonnicolee16

I am IN LOVE with this brush! I just got it today and I couldn't wait to try it out. I got this at my local Walgreens for 7$, and I use it for my liquid foundation and my translucent powder. It works wonders. I onlyhad to use about half a pump with this because it covers so much area! I highly reccomend this brush. You won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by thejos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. :)
I use it for foundation, bronzed and face powder. I find it transitions really nice between the three, and it doesn't turn solid with foundation, like a lot if brushes made for foundation tend to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Love this brush. Have been using it for bronzer for over a year and it looks new still. Great value and quality, and I love that it is short handled for travel. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this brush while browsing for a kabuki in the cosmetic section of my local Wall-mart, even though it looks obviously different from a traditional kabuki I thought I'd give it a try since it looks like a jumbo short handled version of my Sigma Duo Fiber F50, that I use for liquid foundation,blush, bronzer, and setting my face with my loose powder. I originally started using it just to set makeup, then one day decided to try and use less brushes, so I used it with my Revlon Photoready liquid foundation, and I don't know what all the raves are about because this brush sucks to use with liquid foundation!!! I applied a little pump of foundation to the back of my hand to warm it, stippled this brush into it, stippled onto my face and tried to buff/blend the foundation in and it didn't do anything! This is how I use my Sigma Duo Fiber. The white hairs stuck together so bad, it took forever for me to finally get the foundation moving around and buffed into the skin. Its sorta kinda dense but nothing really special for me when it comes to foundation. Good for setting though, doesn't pick up much product. I have so many brushes that I love, so I haven't used this until the other day I used and angled contour for a new uber shimmery bronzer and picked up way to much product, so I used this to buff and knock off a lot of the sparkle. Worked like a charm :) made the cheap bronzer look like an expensive Mac MSF. I will have to try it next for blush. You get a lot of control of the product being applied because of the short handle. Also this thing takes about two days to air dry, and sadly because of the bulkiness of the handle doesn't fit into my Sigma Shape and Dry:( A plus that its super soft and not at all rough or prickly. Hasn't lost a single hair either. I wouldn't repurchase because I really don't use it that much and don't see the pointing of having multiples and its virtually indestructible so I'm not at all worried about it falling apart. I recommend if you are looking for something to blend/buff in powder products quickly, with minimal effort , and beautifully.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I love this Kabuki brush!!! I use it for my foundation and my blush and it just makes everything look so nice. I also carry it with me in my purse if I need a quick touchup and it works perfectly without messing up my makeup. Would buy this brush again, I love ecotools.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Living up to Ecotool's reputation, this kabuki exhibits all the good qualities of a good face brush; cashmere-soft bristles, a sturdy holder, and an extra brownie point for being eco-green ! *yay !!

So, why did this product only get a 4-star from me ? Like suggested by its name, this is a great finishing kabuki (in other words, excellent for applying loose powder.... or great if you need light coverage and medium blending properties). I bought this as a substitute for my mineral foundation brush and found that it does not seem to blend the mineral foundation onto my skin as flawlessly as its predecessor.

If you look closely, the bristles have a medium-thick density. Hence, implying that it'd be great as a brush for loose powder application instead. If you're looking for a brush where you'd like to buff and buff and buff the mineral powder for an even looking complexion.... this brush does not do it's job as expected.

Price and quality wise.... it's very comparable to other high-end brushes ! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This brush is amazing. In general, I'm impressed with Ecotools and wish I had discovered this brand earlier in my makeup endevours. I would have saved a lot of money. Anyway, back to the brush. It's PERFECT for finishing powder. It applies the powder without really disturbing your other makeup (mainly blush). Before this brush, I would use a bronzing brush to apply finishing powder. It would take off so much of my blush, that I would often reapply my blush after the finishing powder. This alleviates the problem and in an affordable way ($7). Also it's nice that it stands up on the vanity, so I don't even have to put the brush away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE THIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I just bought it like 20 minutes ago and I was so excited to try it out that as soon as I got home I took my foundation (Rimmel Lasting Finish) off of one cheek and stippled it on with this brush... And then I used it for my powder (Rimmel Matte Powder) and blush (Milani Baked Blush) and.... I literally looked like I got my makeup done by a professional... My cheek just looks so airbrushed and clean and flawless ohhh the finish it gives is just so wonderful I love it!!!! It looks so cute and the handle is small but quite thick and gave me a perfect control of the brush... The bristles are super soft but stiff enough for foundation application... This allows you to build up coverage because it applies a very sheer layer of the product and buffs it in beautifully.... Oh god, you have to get this... nowww!!!!!!!!! It is seriously better that using a sponge, your fingers, or other brushes I LOVE IT <3 <3 <3

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No