Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d┬┐abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

on 1/16/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! I love glitter shadows but hate the fallout all over my face. This stuff does the job! I had pushed my glittery UD shadows to the back because I just was sick of the mess,I just got this today and tried it with one of my UD shadows and WOW,it really works!
Now it doesn't 100% prevent fallout when applying but it's very minimal. I find it very easy to blend my shadows on to this primer,I created a beautiful,glittery smoky eye in a matter of 10 min.
I also own the original Too Faced primer and love that as well. These products do not disappoint!

on 12/2/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a must have product if you use glitter shadows! I am able to use my glitter heavy UD shadows (Mowie Wowie, Midnight Cowboy, Grifter) without any messy fall out! Be warned, this is not your average primer, you will not be able to blend over it! Glitter Glue does not play nice with regular shadows. I usually use my regular primer over my entire lid, then apply my crease and highlight shadows, then pat a tiny bead of GG onto my lid and press my glitter over top of it. Works like a charm, and I am kicking myself for not buying this long before now!

on 9/20/2013 6:50:00 PM

I love this for glitter. And that is what I bought it for. I do my makeup with regular primer and then do a thin layer of this, wait about 30 seconds for it to get tacky, apply your glitter and forget it. Your glitter will. not. move! It's amazing!

I attempted to use it with regular eye shadow. But it was really grabby and kept pulling. So product wouldn't go on smoothly.

Bottom line- amazing glitter primer! You only need a little bit to cover your eye. And it holds your glitter all day! Love love love!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Too Faced primers are amazing, I'm a big fan of the regular formula and use it every day. I tried out this formula as I use almost exclusively shimmer shadows (ex: Urban Decay, Too faced, other high-end shadows) and was hoping this would help out the shadows that don't seem to grab as well and emphasize the ones I use everyday. I DO recommend this for straight glitter or heavily glittered shadows, but I do not recommend this for everyday shimmer/light glitter shadow use just because it's a bit too sticky for those shadows, so they don't seem to blend as smoothly and it doesn't help maintain the vibrancy of the pigments as much as it does keep glitter on your lids. Still a great product, but not for everyday.

on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM

Amazing product, that's all there is to it. I used to hate mineral colors and pigments for my eyes before I got this stuff. It sticks the pigment to your lids, and it makes the pigments look intense. It's a bit thick but much easier to work with than pixy epoxy, much better in my opinion. What I do is apply the regular TFSI all over my lids, then take this and just apply this to my lid where I normally use pigments for the color pop. Lasted over 8 hours without budging, just make sure to blend it out well and don't apply more than a tiny bit. A+ product

on 4/26/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I've never spent so much on so little, especially for a primer product, but it was definitely the right decision. This product is amazing. I've been using it just as a regular eye primer and my shadow and liner don't budge, smudge or crease all day. Can't wait to try it with glitter. I will definitely buy it again, it's worth the price tag.

on 4/20/2013 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's all been said. Bless this primer.

on 3/30/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

I could never find a good glitter primer.. Until I found this. I can dance all night, sweat, rub my eyes and this will not budge! I use a lot of coarse glitter and this stuff smooths it on perfectly. Pricey but I will totally repurchase! I love this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

YES, YES YES and more YES. This is truly a MIRACLE product! I am beginning to love Too Faced more and more, because two of my favorite make up products of all time (this and the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer) are created by Too Faced. I am originally a "drug store girl", I am ballin' on a budget as they say. ;) Lately, I've been saving up my money and getting more hours at work, and I've been able to splurge on these products I've been drooling over for ages now. I am still faithful to my drug store products but I do believe there are certain make up items that are well worth the extra money because of their high quality and performance. Anyways, I LOVE glitters and pigments and anything sparkly/shimmery. Naturally, that is going to be a recipe for major fallout. I have been on a manhunt for months now for a glitter glue. I have tried Sally's Gel (the 99cent one) and it worked like total crap. It works decently for pigments, but it's kind of weird to work with and totally doesn't keep the glitter in place whatsoever. I then moved onto Hard Candy's Showgirl Glitter "Glue". It's definitely not a glue by any means and definitely doesn't prevent any type of fallout whatsoever. Defeated, I gave up and as a last resort I began to use my lash glue. I hated it because the texture was super obvious especially over eyeshadow, defeating the purpose all together. Even then, there was still some fall out and I honestly just gave up all together.

Somehow, God smiled upon me and I stumbled upon this Glitter Glue! uh, THANK YOU Jesus. Seriously. This is like magic in a tube! I definitely wouldn't ever use this as a regular primer, and I would use my Paint Pot or UDPP first, and then put on my eyeshadow like normal, especially my crease color and once my look is complete I would get a very small amount of this, carefully pat this onto my lid (do not rub if you have eyeshadow on, it will obviously destroy your color) and pack on that glitter! I prefer using my finger just so that it really sticks to the glue and to minimize fallout. I didn't know that I could have beautiful glitter eyes ever again. I had lost all hope, until Too Faced restored it. For 20$, this is pricey but it is a very rare product and it is so useful! Plus, this is probably going to last me ages because I obviously don't use glitter or super loose pigments every day. Go buy this!

on 2/21/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love glitter I put mac glitters on my eyes... What can I say I'm a rebel. I tried everything spraying my glitter picking up brush with hairspray Kenra, purology, and aqua net brand (made sure all my bases were covered). Then "sealed" it by spraying more hairspray in my eyes and it burned everytime even though I waited 1-2 min before opening them. It held for about 20 min but then it all came down everywhere I looked like a drunken middle aged stripper (highly frowned upon in chuck e cheese). So I took to the Internet for guidance astroglide, vizine, ky jelly (that's the stickiest shiit known to man), paint pots, primers galore, hard candy glitter sealant (garbage your better off with the ky astroglide cocktail) and some product I returned to Walgreens I felt defeated. Finally I read a review for LA splash sealer at ulta and they didnt have it they never do how I loathe ulta. I had seen the glitter glue in the past and as a last ditch effort I bought it from aafes (2.00 cheaper and without sales tax) . It's not a bad product it doesn't play friendly with shadows it's really sticky so patting it onto a bush then stippling it gently on the lid is the best way to use it. I stress being gentle or you'll gouge the hell outta your eye makeup (using it to blend as a base for anything but glitter or foiling is out of the question). It holds the thicker the glue the better it holds the glitter and the thicker you can pack it on! This tube will last me a year I'd say and I'm very liberal with it. My one complaint is unless you disco-fy your eye it leaves a weird visible film so keep that in mind if you want something not as dramatic.