November 26, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too Faced primers are amazing, I'm a big fan of the regular formula and use it every day. I tried out this formula as I use almost exclusively shimmer shadows (ex: Urban Decay, Too faced, other high-end shadows) and was hoping this would help out the shadows that don't seem to grab as well and emphasize the ones I use everyday. I DO recommend this for straight glitter or heavily glittered shadows, but I do not recommend this for everyday shimmer/light glitter shadow use just because it's a bit too sticky for those shadows, so they don't seem to blend as smoothly and it doesn't help maintain the vibrancy of the pigments as much as it does keep glitter on your lids. Still a great product, but not for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyRMUA

Amazing product, that's all there is to it. I used to hate mineral colors and pigments for my eyes before I got this stuff. It sticks the pigment to your lids, and it makes the pigments look intense. It's a bit thick but much easier to work with than pixy epoxy, much better in my opinion. What I do is apply the regular TFSI all over my lids, then take this and just apply this to my lid where I normally use pigments for the color pop. Lasted over 8 hours without budging, just make sure to blend it out well and don't apply more than a tiny bit. A+ product

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never spent so much on so little, especially for a primer product, but it was definitely the right decision. This product is amazing. I've been using it just as a regular eye primer and my shadow and liner don't budge, smudge or crease all day. Can't wait to try it with glitter. I will definitely buy it again, it's worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's all been said. Bless this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carly666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could never find a good glitter primer.. Until I found this. I can dance all night, sweat, rub my eyes and this will not budge! I use a lot of coarse glitter and this stuff smooths it on perfectly. Pricey but I will totally repurchase! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YES, YES YES and more YES. This is truly a MIRACLE product! I am beginning to love Too Faced more and more, because two of my favorite make up products of all time (this and the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer) are created by Too Faced. I am originally a "drug store girl", I am ballin' on a budget as they say. ;) Lately, I've been saving up my money and getting more hours at work, and I've been able to splurge on these products I've been drooling over for ages now. I am still faithful to my drug store products but I do believe there are certain make up items that are well worth the extra money because of their high quality and performance. Anyways, I LOVE glitters and pigments and anything sparkly/shimmery. Naturally, that is going to be a recipe for major fallout. I have been on a manhunt for months now for a glitter glue. I have tried Sally's Gel (the 99cent one) and it worked like total crap. It works decently for pigments, but it's kind of weird to work with and totally doesn't keep the glitter in place whatsoever. I then moved onto Hard Candy's Showgirl Glitter "Glue". It's definitely not a glue by any means and definitely doesn't prevent any type of fallout whatsoever. Defeated, I gave up and as a last resort I began to use my lash glue. I hated it because the texture was super obvious especially over eyeshadow, defeating the purpose all together. Even then, there was still some fall out and I honestly just gave up all together.

Somehow, God smiled upon me and I stumbled upon this Glitter Glue! uh, THANK YOU Jesus. Seriously. This is like magic in a tube! I definitely wouldn't ever use this as a regular primer, and I would use my Paint Pot or UDPP first, and then put on my eyeshadow like normal, especially my crease color and once my look is complete I would get a very small amount of this, carefully pat this onto my lid (do not rub if you have eyeshadow on, it will obviously destroy your color) and pack on that glitter! I prefer using my finger just so that it really sticks to the glue and to minimize fallout. I didn't know that I could have beautiful glitter eyes ever again. I had lost all hope, until Too Faced restored it. For 20$, this is pricey but it is a very rare product and it is so useful! Plus, this is probably going to last me ages because I obviously don't use glitter or super loose pigments every day. Go buy this!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Amberbock363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love glitter I put mac glitters on my eyes... What can I say I'm a rebel. I tried everything spraying my glitter picking up brush with hairspray Kenra, purology, and aqua net brand (made sure all my bases were covered). Then "sealed" it by spraying more hairspray in my eyes and it burned everytime even though I waited 1-2 min before opening them. It held for about 20 min but then it all came down everywhere I looked like a drunken middle aged stripper (highly frowned upon in chuck e cheese). So I took to the Internet for guidance astroglide, vizine, ky jelly (that's the stickiest shiit known to man), paint pots, primers galore, hard candy glitter sealant (garbage your better off with the ky astroglide cocktail) and some product I returned to Walgreens I felt defeated. Finally I read a review for LA splash sealer at ulta and they didnt have it they never do how I loathe ulta. I had seen the glitter glue in the past and as a last ditch effort I bought it from aafes (2.00 cheaper and without sales tax) . It's not a bad product it doesn't play friendly with shadows it's really sticky so patting it onto a bush then stippling it gently on the lid is the best way to use it. I stress being gentle or you'll gouge the hell outta your eye makeup (using it to blend as a base for anything but glitter or foiling is out of the question). It holds the thicker the glue the better it holds the glitter and the thicker you can pack it on! This tube will last me a year I'd say and I'm very liberal with it. My one complaint is unless you disco-fy your eye it leaves a weird visible film so keep that in mind if you want something not as dramatic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favorite primer I've ever used! Use this daily, mainly on just my eyelids. It increases pigmentation like you would not believe. I have never seen an eye primer do such an amazing job at increasing color payoff as this did. I could hardly believe it when I used it. It also helps you get a lot less fall out.
Only problem I can really find with this is I wouldn't put it all over if you plan to do a matte color in the crease; it can make that look a little blotchy for some reason. I'd stick to just using it with glitters and too increase payoff on lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far, I've only had a sample of this (thank you, Sephora and your nice sampling philosophy!) but this stuff works!!!

I'm sure many reading this have eye shadows they would love to be able to use on a regular basis and without a lot of fuss and clean-up. I'm sure most of you know to PAT/PRESS on shadows like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again but even with the most careful application process and even with something like a silicone glitter shadow applicator and careful clean up after you apply your shadow, none of this will inhibit the fallout you will get through out the day, as you go through your normal activities of, oh, BLINKING, looking around, even daring to touch your eyes! Check yourself at noon and you've got glitter on your cheeks, your nose, all sorts of places where it wasn't when you left your house in the morning!

To the rescue comes Too Faced Glitter Glue. It is aptly named as it really will help hold in place the glitter in more problematic shadows (all of mine seem to be from UD). Yes, it's not that easy to blend shadows overtop of this primer but most of us aren't blending or brushing on these problem shadows in any case, since we know that doing that will just increase the fallout. So while it's not the most perfect base for a blended look, if you want to use a glittery, fallout-laden shadow (Maui Wowie, are your ears burning?), this primer will really help. I'm off to buy the full sized tube (I wish a small one of these came with one of TF's palettes) - I don't wear glitter shadows all that often but do find that this product is indispensable for those times when I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by TySolsvik11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is a tad pricey for the amount of product you get I believe, but it works! I love this product i use it with all of my glittery eye shadows and my glitter. Yes there is still some fallout you will always have fallout. I would most definitely buy this product again it is amazing and i am in love with it!!!!! I love glitter and this product is definitely a must have. (: