Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

I also don´t understand the rave. I had the blue one, it smells nice and the package is cute- although quite cheap. However, it did not moisturized my lips as expected. Not one of the best. It´s ok, but not an amazing product.

I had high hopes for Baby Lips. My friends raved about it all the time saying that it was really good, so I went and bought myself two; Baby Lips in Mango Pie with SPF 15, and Baby Lips Loves Colour in Cherry Kiss.
The mango one has a very artificially sweet smell and a pink tint in the tube, but it goes on clear. The consistency is very thick and almost feels like you're wearing gloss. It doesn't do much to help moisturize but it stays on for a very long time.
The one with colour is definitely more pigmented in the tube with a vibrant red colour and on your lips gives a very slight red tint which is good for everyday. However, it has the same consistency as the mango and feels even more like lip gloss with no moisturizing properties.
The only good things about these products were the packaging. Very easy for on the go. BUT, with the Cherry one, the twisty thing was dodgy and did not let me twist the balm back down into the tube so I had to push it down using my bottom lip.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

So all in all this is a good product because it is lightweight, some are lightly tinted and it has a hydro gel like emollient on the lips. I wish it had a thicker consistency to it, because it thins out like a light oil would on the lips. So it makes you think that if it was heavily pigmented it could be smeary and messy looking. The hydration and stay power doesn't last as long as a waxy balm and I found myself reapplying often. My lips are extremely dry and certain products only accelerate the chapping and peeling but not this. I would agree with one of the other reviewers about the child like packaging and I wished it had more sophistication but it is a simple product after all. I got mine at the Dollar Tree in Orange for a $1. If you ever leave this in your pocket and put it in the dryer like I did the only thing that will be left is the container. The product didn't melt and transfer to clothing, but it just disappeared?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sorry to be a drag but I don't understand the great raves for Baby Lips after all these years. The packaging is childish looking, and the actual product is not emollient, it's thin and I feel my lips are not soft and moisturized after the product wears off. I tried to fall in love with the Crystal version of Baby Lips, but it was the same with a little shimmer. I might get another one, since they're so low-priced, but I wish Maybelline would re-do the packaging -- It looks and feels cheap. I really miss the Neutrogena moisture shine balms that came in the stainless steel tubes. Now that was awesome!!!! - discontinued of course. :(

I love this lipbalm!
I carry this lipbalm everwhere
I got the smoothing cherry,it smells so good and also mosturizes my lips!
I got it for 28rb($2 in US)
It is bery cheap and worth it
I recommend this lipbalm and would definitely repurchase this

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried to join in with the Baby Lips hype, but I can't say I really see what all the fuss was ever about.

Pros:
•offer nice immediate relief
•chunky product (if you like this- I do)
•Cherry Me is a good dupe for Benebalm
•reasonable price

Cons:
•I find I have to reapply it often
•doesn't seem to moisturise long-term
•feels quite wet on the lips

All in all, not a bad purchase, but I can't say I'd recommend them if you're after a really effective lip balm. If you're after a gentle wash of colour, however, they're great- they seem to fade evenly too!

I bought this for the high spf, I didn't expect to like it but it's the only chapstick I've ever used in my whole life that doesn't make my lips peel, it's also not addicting I don't feel the need to reapply every 20 minutes. The things I don't like about it is the smell, it kind of reminds me of skittles or mountain dew (I have the blue one) & the packaging is a little childish but that's a matter of opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have the pink and the green ones, and I have different opinions about them.

Green one (Peppermint): Actually I think that is my favorite. It's smells like a candy cane and it leaves a cool sensation in my lips. As it's a lip balm, I have to re apply it, maybe after 2 hours, but it don't peel my lips at all and that's a pro, because most of the balms peel my lips, like the EOS. The only thing is that it leaves my lips a little oily. Also if has an acceptable SPF so that's another pro.

Pink one (Pink Punch): I like how it smells and I love the color. But when I apply it on my lips it looks horrible. The color just don't cover at all and also leaves my lips looking horrible because they look all chapped and damaged. If I want a stronger color I have to apply it several times and that's uncomfortable. It's not the color what I dislike, because at the end it's a balm, not a lipstick; it's the consistent and how it looks when I apply it. And it feels oily too, I think that that's the main reason of why I didn't like them so much.

To be honest, I would buy again only the green one, bc of the SPF and also bc it doesn't leave my lips looking weird.

Green (mint): It has a cooling effect on my lips and i like the scent. It moisturies enough during the summer or if you don´t have any problems with dry and cracked lips, but if you do then don´t buy this.

Blue: Best of them all. It´s the most mosturising and it hasn´t got any scent, which i like.

Pink: Worst of them all. It has an artificial scent and the color is awful! It empazhises the fine lines on your lips and gets stuck after 5 minuts in your lipcracks. I really don´t recommend this to anyone especially not if you have dry lips as i have

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i've found that the quality of these varies a lot with the shade. like each shade seems to have an extremely different texture/finish. "pink punch" and "cherry me" have a really slick, almost greasy texture. they're somewhat moisturizing but the colors are really not wearable, at least not for my skin tone. "peach kiss" and "yummy plummy" (a limited edition) have a more dry/matte texture, so it's not quite as moisturizing but they are very pretty, wearable colors. unfortunately none of the shades i've mentioned have good staying power at all. my favorite shade by far is "grape vine." this is probably the only one i would repurchase. it doesn't feel greasy or dry, it has a more in-between texture. i adore the color and it seems to be more long-lasting on your lips than all the other shades, probably because it is the darkest.

Popular Lip Treatments