October 31, 2014 | 1409 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am probably one of the last people to review this palette but I feel like since I have been using WNW products since way before they became popular again, yes I'm speaking of the days when they had white compacts & shadows in irregular rectangular shapes.. Haha oh memories so its been a long time coming that I knew my favorite company would pull through and get some recognition. Back on topic, these 8 pan palettes are amazing and I know about everyone owns them now but for my sake, I will add my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wet-n-Wild products can be purchased in most drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid, and some CVS's as well as mass discount stores like KMart and Target. I have also seen Five Below stores beginning to carry WNW products. Like availability, price will vary depending on your location as well as sales, discounts, and or coupons. I purchased my palette from Walmart for $4.97. These palettes will cost you less than $5 for sure. Which, come on people, less that $5 for 8 amazing shadows, yes please, even for a frugal gal like me, I am impressed! These are super affordable just like any WNW product, No matter how famous they have got, they have stayed true to their price range! It's refreshing.
~~~~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~~
Wet-n-Wild 8 pan Coloricon Palette in "Comfort Zone" is their version of a neutral palette. This palette is in their permanent collection (I cannot ever find LE makeup and it makes me so crazy mad) The Coloricon line has AMAZING products. Comfort Zone is a great everyday eyeshadow palette but you may need to add a matte shadow or two to your look if you like a more toned down look like I do. I am super pale so intense shadows like these are even more intensely pigmented so I need to add matte light skin tones to tone down looks for work or day time. But WNW also has some great matte shadows now which I can pair with this palette for a great natural daytime look. Comfort Zone has 2 rows of 4 shadows. The left side offers more warm brown/gold tones while the right side offers some great green/forest shades. I think every single shadow in this palette is STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL! I reach for this palette so often since there is always a shadow I am loving at the moment. YouTube has some great tutorials for this palette so if you are ever stuck looking for new ideas, just search this palette & you will get tons of ideas.
Left side top to bottom-
Browbone- in pan it looks like a golden champagne swatched its a beautiful metallic shimmery light warm champagne. great for highlighting inner corner or adding depth all over lid
Eyelid- my favorite lid color, a rose gold champagne. metallic rose gold great all year round
Crease- a beautiful midtone true bronze brown
Definer- a very pigmented dark brown black with a red/bronze shimmer throughout
Right side top to bottom-
Browbone- very unique duochromed light green/yellow. i cannot even explain since its so unique and gorgeous. i own nothing like it!
Eyelid- metalllic golden mossy green. great for green looks, blue or brown eyes
Crease- a deep darken forest green. darker than definer shade on this shade. great for smoking out green or brown looks
Definer- duochromed blue brown green, unique & love it
What is nice about these palettes is they include a stamp of where you could place this shadows for looks. The colors all coordinate together so no clashing here. You can pick out as many shadows that you would like and the options with this palette are endless. They include diagrams on the back as well. The formula is where I have to say these get 10 out of 5 stars, haha! I know. WNW has triumphed in formula. The shadows are all buttery smooth and almost feel like a wet pressed pigment. Pigmentation is UNREAL! these show up so well that only the tiniest dab with a brush is needed & even then I still think, i got too much. So it may be a dislike for some but Id rather have to blend that to reapply layer after layer. With or w/out primer, these show up on their own true to the color in the pan. WNW has top quality shadows for much much less than HE companies that cannot even show up like these. I've tried HE shadows & they don't compare to these. I am amazed that WNW can sell these for so cheap while you can pay 5x as much for one shadow from another company for a shadow that is weak. WNW is amazing!
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~
WNW Coloricon 8 pan palettes come in a larger hand size hard plastic compact. The whole lid is see through and the backing is black with a large sticker with information & diagram with ideas of how to use the shadows. The lid also has a sticker at the top w/ the palette name. They also include two applicators in the well inside. One is a doe-foot applicator like most d/s companies include as well as this hard plastic blunt cut angled brush. I have seen people use this when doing the 20$ makeup challenge but i personally have never used either. I have many cheap brushes that I can use so no biggie. Some of my Coloricon palettes are harder to open then others. So far, this one hasn't caused many problems. I know through experience w/ the shadows being so soft that one must be careful when handling these palettes. The shadows will break very easily so they are not travel friendly unless you wrap them & protect them. Pretty sturdy plastic which is nice & its not easy to crack like some cheap palettes I own. No mirror is included which I personally don't mind for I have a makeup mirror I use even when traveling but no touch ups are needed w/ these so no points taken away for that. The palette is simple & works. Nothing fancy or bad. They include huge pans of rectangular shadows so the palette itself is bigger than other palettes from drugstores. Do I mind? No. But I know there are plenty of others who have depotted these so search youtube on videos of how to do that. I will keep mine just like this for now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

such pretty colors!! especially the bottom right color so amazing and inexspensive and great texture and blendable. for a great price. good for day to night. definetly check out! another eyeshadow hit from WNW!:)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by camelias

This is a terrible eyeshadow. It looked really good in the packaging and it was a good price. However, once you put it on the problems appear - (1) the colour is not that good. It's not pigmented, (2) whatever pigment it has doesn't go on evenly, it goes on clumpy, (3) it flakes after a while. Granted I wasn't using a primer but I don't use primer for other (higher end) shadows and they don't clump this this...

I really wanted to give this product a chance. But it just looks kinda cheap on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by locaxloscosmeticos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maravillosa!! Tonos tierras son mis preferidos porque resaltan el dorado de mi piel. Por el precio tener 8 sombras clones de las famosas Mac??? son igual de pigmentadas!! la unica diferencia es que son mas polvorientas pero si sabes aplicarlas con cuidado..Las amaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so badly. It's raved about by beauty and YT bloggers alike. I looked the color, esp the peachy pink and the sage green. At under $5, the price is right, too. These colors are soft but the fallout is it of control.

I tried w/ NARS & Lorac primers and they made the colors gorgeous. They could not however prevent the colors from migrating to my under eye and creating a glittery mess by evening. Nor could they prevent the ungodly itching that each color gave me. I tried another WnW palette to make sure that it wasn't just this one that was faulty and had the same problem. Pass

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Over all I love the W N W shadows. They blend every bit as well if not in some cases better than the expensive shadows, you can use them in conjunction with your other pallets, you can mix the pallets together for different looks and the best? The Pigment is awesome so saturated and the best? The price! Where can you go spend less than 30 dollars and have a pallet range that can rival most of the more expensive high end pallets out there.

I love the greens in this pallet. some are a little sheer so I have been using a cream pot either MAC Paint pots or Maybelline's to use as a base to bring out the lighter shades and it helps a lot. These colors also work amazing with the naked pallets to give color to an otherwise neutral look. If I use primer and base and a little fix plus I've gotten 12 hours out of these shadows. For the under $5 price even if all the colors aren't perfect you are still getting a lot for the price. The worst part, is packaging for me. The pallets are not easy to open without chipping a nail and if you are not gentle with the pallets they do break off easily. I suggest de potting if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by CarlyJennifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love. There is a shade that is a dupe for macs blue brown pigment, it's absolutely gorgeous. Love the other shades also.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You need this in your life. Or well I did anyway ! These eye shadows are amazing for the price. You can create multiple looks with these 8 beautiful shades that very well pigmented and blend easily. I have a too faced pallet I rarely use which is a shame considering how much I spent on it. I've only has comfort zone a couple weeks and have used it more than the too faced pallet. Yes. Too faces is only a TAD more " buttery" ,but the comfort zone pallet I find is easier day to day to create stunning looks. There are really some beautiful shades in this. Especially the duo- chrome. Drool... I have walked by this pallet 100 time thinking ehh nothing special, ya right. Yes these are shimmer shades, but I love shimmer! Especially for summer. I find if I do all matte in summer I look all flat in summer. The packaging is nothing to jump up and down about but it could be worse. Just don't drop it, I could only imagine if I did, I would be on my hands and knees repeating " oh no,come on baby" trying to revive my comfort Zone. I would highly recommend this if you don't have any of the other pallets like the naked ones. And don't want to spend tones of money. Even if I had all of the others I still would pick this one up. Hey it's 5 bucks and they always have a sale going on. Run to your local walmart

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by melissawallshmakeup

This palette is great, i bought it in Dunnes Stores last weekend to try it out. It is highly pigmented and it comes in lovely colours! The price is very high considering the price in the US but theres not much you can do about it i paid 6.50 for it.

You can layer the colours as much as you want but try to use a good base, i use the Catrice concealer and it really helps the colours stick and last longer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by SheenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my all time favorite! It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I love that it is shimmery not glittery. I don't use the green side much, but use the browns everyday!