September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder Compact

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I love the texture and finish of this powder. Non-drying but helps control my oiliness while giving a subtle glow at the same time. Great for setting my foundation.This is the Guerlain product that I see myself repurchasing, though I believe that some of their products are not a must-have unless you want to spend your dollars. Packaging is lighter than the normal Guerlain packagings, but I like the flower design (matching the Meteorites container lid design) & the velvet pouch that protects the compact from scratching. The price is of course probably not worth it for some people, but if you wanna treat urself to a finely milled luxurious powder, i recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder - it's expensive, but it's amazing. It makes my foundation (MUFE HD) last twice as long as it does without powder. I have normal to dry skin, and it doesn't emphasize the dryness - it gives me a perfect, gorgeous finish.

Keep in mind that it has a strong scent if you're sensitive to that!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially loved this compact but….

THE GOOD:
-Lovely light scent.
-Great size and weight for purse.
-Silky texture.
-Worked great with my dry skin (only used on t-zone).
-A bit of coverage without cake-like appearance.
-02 Teint Beige looked great on my summer (NC20) skin…at first*
---------------------------

THE BAD:
-Expensive.
-Plastic casing felt cheap.
-Closure clasp, which was plastic, broke. It was always stored in the velvet pouch and not abused.
-*Oxidized in a few hours.

Still looking for a powder compact that gives the same finish as this, without the oxidation and cheap casing. Any suggestions?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Loved at first. Beautiful compact.Smells great, felt luxurious putting on. My NC 25ish skin matched perfectly (or so I thought) to #2. Then, it Oxidized on my face within a couple of hours.not only that but they don't sell powder puff refills. Sounds strange, but it is a smaller than usual compact, so most standard size poufs don't fit. Not a fan. Wish I was though, cuz it is just such a pretty compact :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I desided to get this for setting powder when my HG Nivea (yes indeed!) Stay Real pressed powder was dc`d:/. It kept my fndn in place all day in my problem area, nose, also gave coverage and didn`t cake.
This is totally different; more thin and finelly-milled. And it doesn`t last as long. I haven`t tried it on it`s on as fndn and I can`t imagine it would look good on mature skin like mine. And it is a pressed powder:).
For evenings out I use this over JK Light as Air fndn and it`s great.
In daylight it would be too much and unnatural. For everyday setting powder I prefer Clarins 3D all-over-radiance powder, which gives very subtle glow and can be used all-over face unlike Diorskin shimmers. They are amazing for highlighting. And this in Teint Beige on nose/ T-zone. I can still add Clarins on top. For so little use this is too expensive. I also dislike the rose smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

girls with oily skin AND large pores save your money! when i first put it on it looked lovely, matte, didnt hide my pores but didnt accentuate them, looked glowing from within. But in 20 mins- oh horror! it fell into all my pores and made them look like MASSIVE holes which were visible from a mile away (mine are not actually that big and noticeable without makeup) AND it made me look like i have wrinkles!!! and im 19!!! it made me look like i have wrinkles around my mouth where i smile and around my nose. wth. i tried using it over foundation and by itself, the outcome is the same. but i found a use for it - over under eye concealer and it makes that area much lighter, brighter and glowy, also stops the concealer from creasing throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very oily skin with a light medium (nw20-25) complexion. At the moment, I've been alternating between Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation and Diorskin Airflash. My biggest concerns for a powder are too control the oil on my face without killing the magnificent dewy glow of those foundations (probably impossible). After using all sorts of drugstore powders in addition to BE Mineral Veil and a handful of other waste of money "transclucent" white powers (MUFE HD, Laura Mercier - ghost face with all of those), I began looking into Guerlain. I've heard endless raves of the Meterorites Pearls, but it only took a couple reviews alleging the that the shimmer was apparent to steer me away. My face is way to oily to fall for that trick. Nevertheless, I've read that Guerlain is the king of powders and I figured the next best thing must be their Mattifying powder which still reportedly has the pearls. Sounded perfect - mattifying and still illuminating. So I bought it in Beige 02 (I wear Cameo 202 in Dior, which is a pink undertone shade).

First of all, Beige 02 is definitely a yellow-beige undertone. May sound appealing to neutralize the pinkness of my foundation, but as weird as this sounds I don't want to. My Dior Airflash looks good on it's own - I only wanted a touch up powder throughout the day to get rid of oil and restore luster (and by that I do NOT mean shine). The pros are that the powder is thin and I wouldn't say it gives me a chalky or grainy finish on first application like most, but it still killed the glow of my foundation and made me look bland. I've found that this isn't buildable or layerable, either. The more I touch up with it, the more grainy it looks.

I think this is best used as a setting powder, if you have yellow or beige undertones and one of the only 3 shades fits you. But there are other powders out there strictly for the purpose of setting that are much cheaper and do even better. So for the price, I say it's not worth it at all. The cute packaging and the allure of wearing a luxurious brand like Guerlain sounds appealing, but it's too good to be true. Nothing special about this powder.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love this compact powder. I had in 02 Teint Beige and it looks very naturally on my NC25 skin. The powder was super fine milled and feel nothing on the face. It is expensive but the result is awesome. It does not dry out my skin after few hours and won't look dry when I reapply. It does not very oil control so I still have to touch up few times during the day but I do love this compact because it make my skin look so glowing and perfect. I think it would be even more lovely during the winter.

The compact itself is light weight, which I was expecting it to be metal and heavy as some expensive compact powder does. There is nothing bad about the packing and it is actually good to carry in the purse. (ByTerry compact powder is so heavy in opposite)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore it!!!! I have combination-oily skin and it takes away shine without a big amount of product. It leaves my skin like velvet.
The only thing is, I wish it could make my skin stay longer without shine, eventhough when I retouch... it isn't really shining as a disco ball, and that's good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by danialavanja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in exchange for the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau liquid foundation which I thought was terrible as it noticeably broke me out every time I had to wear it for a period of two or more days.

This powder however...amazing! It is finely milled and applies beautifully with the meteorites powder brush (sold seperately). It is a perfect match for my fair NC20 skin tone and gives it a gorgeus illuminated and healthy look. I have yet to test out its staying powder or oil control as I only bought it today but so far so good.

Gorgeous packaging (as you'd expect from guerlain) and has a pleasant signature scent. I take away one lippie for the steep price, $80 AUD in an Australian dept. store.

If you have the money, try it.